Nekonase
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Seeking help in clearing 'Shadows of Betrayal' master stage

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:48 pm

This event's Master is too insane with its ridiculous debuffs and damage. I only managed to clear it twice with plenty of items and luck. So I would like to ask if anyone has a reliable way to clear it without using much items? Thanks in advance.

whodahackii

Re: Seeking help in clearing 'Shadows of Betrayal' master stage

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:34 pm

I have one squad currently, But we may look forward for those active formation player, who share their video.

1) With Rhea:
-Will Update if I Manage to get one...-

2) Without Rhea:
The base line is at least 2 Trigger Ranger with at least a Kane Grand Ranger, then get a Warlord (Trigger aura) or a Assassin (with Crit to Refresh).
The 5th unit I will recommend fast healing type, Matilda(any class)/Emilia(any class). Cleansing or Mass Taunt are okay, but using a guardian might as well use 5 dps, because you need to spam healing potions.
- At first stage, have to lock down 2 unit (Kristoph & Rin), if both are stunned, proceed to stun the Two rangers near Rin, or proceed to kill everyone, and left 1 alive to rush Skill CD.
- Who to spare? Kristoph has the highest HP/Def here, if you manage to trigger kill everyone, try break up your Ranger so the Kane can stun well, but won't trigger too much to kill.
- Assassin alone will clear the other side, slowly, while you may want to lock down BOTH Aaron & Silvia, others are so weak, that your healer will heal consistenly.

The Squad should be like this:  (another support is not recommended)
Empty - <Ranger> - Empty
Warlord - Kane - Assassin
<Melee DPS> - Cybella - Emilia

I didn't suggest strong hitting hero is that, I assume you have lower Attack Rating, and willing to spend more time to clear one map, and hopefully a Safer way to clear consistently.

ashenwind

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:55 am

The third way, is to use SDD squad.

You may want to bring a Kane grand ranger as well (if you have sufficiently built his critical), otherwise, you may want to bring a Darrion or Faye holy defender, or even Altima Holy Defender if you have one. If you bring Kane or Altima, be sure to put him/her inside both the lifesteal and matilda Witch Doctor aura for little chance of refresh.
If you have a Rheia Gladiator, you can also put her in, as she's quite easy to refresh and may/can stun up to 3 enemies while under Celestial Form effect.

With SDD you should be able to plow through the two enemies in front of Kristoff quite easily in a single turn. Just make sure you keep a refreshed Drake/Leon before killing the last of the two, so you can immediately march forward. By doing this, Rin will try to catch up with your squad.

Try killing Kristoff before Rin able to approach. If she comes too close, please try to disable her anyway you can before she can attack. It's because her attack cause 2-3 turns blind. She should close in on your party on third turn if you managed to kill the two enemies in front of Kristoff in one turn, on which turn, your Rheia Gladiator will have her Celestial Form ready. Cast it, and have Matilda and/or the lifesteal hero attack to refresh Rheia. Once she's refreshed, attack Rin and pray that the on-attack effect kick in. Otherwise, Try stunning her with Kane. If unable to disable her, just pray she doesn't hit your main damage dealer.

Once you kill Kristoff, you can have your team turn around and kill Rin.

Why you'd want to prioritize killing Kristoff? His active skill cause aura disable.

After killing Rin, it should be quite easy to deal with the remaining archers.

At the beginning of boss wave, you'd want to summon Matilda's pet in front of the mobs on the back (right side of screen). Her pet will serve as diversion while you try to kill enemies right in front you. You'd want to pop your guardian skill at this point (if available). Also, you might want to have Kahuna use his heal on Matilda's pet, just to increase its' survivability and deal some amount of damage to enemies at the back.

If you bring Gladiator, Rhea, she can go deal with the enemies on the back, if not to only sufficiently disable them. The same goes with Kane Grand Ranger or Altima Holy defender.

The rest of things, it's basically praying your Drake/Leon has enough dps or trigger to outright kill Sylvia, then proceed to the two thieves and two healers. After you are done with the left side, switch to the right side (or what left of it if you bring Gladiator Rhea).

If your drake is unable to kill Kristoff on time before Rin is able to attack, or if you don't have sufficiently built archers (to reliably critical hitting most of the time and to follow whodahackii's guide), then I'm sorry to say this, but I think you are not yet ready to tackle Master. :( :?

And I mentioned Leon there, but bring him only if you have built him properly. Otherwise, bring Drake instead.

ashenwind

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:00 am

Or, you can use this video my guildmates found on youtube as reference if you have Rhea Gladiator.
(the video has been removed by the owner it seems)

But basically, the current Rhea Gladiator's on attack skill effect chain lightning, which deal damage and stun the main target then deal lesser damage to other nearby 2 targets incur separate healings from lifesteal. She proc 4 separate healing if the chain lightning occurs, which pretty much guarantee Kahuna SW to trigger his aura if you bring along 2 or 3 lifesteal source.

Should work just fine on master since Rhea gladiator become ranged unit after entering Celestial Form (and until they fix the bug on Rhea Gladiator on-attack effect that has lifesteal to heal for each of chain lightning damage.). But even without the bug, using Rhea Gladiator this way is totally viable the same way SDD based pre-nerfed berserker Sven would do back then.

You can also find other videos about Rhea Gladiator if you search youtube a bit.

@whodahackiii

Still thinking she's weaker than Freya?
Last edited by ashenwind on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nekonase
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:00 am

Thanks for advice. Sadly, I don't have any Kane and event units at all so I have to improvise. Seems like I should target Kristoph first instead of splitting my force on both side.

whodahackii

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:49 pm

Thanks for advice. Sadly, I don't have any Kane and event units at all so I have to improvise. Seems like I should target Kristoph first instead of splitting my force on both side.
A 4* Aaron Marksman will do, he is there since first dark lord event, since then, whoever need extra stunner or without kane, may try to use him! Side Note, please get at least 2 trigger together, and leave Aaron linked to one of them, NOT IN-BETWEEN them.
*in case i forgot which, it's the one with Stun Aura.
I'm Honestly thinking without a proper team, aura strategy is the only way to win harder stages.
And of course, there is always an easier option, To get own Event hero, or borrow Friend Leader.