iCantPlayDiz
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Help this new player with his squad.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:48 pm

Hey everyone,

So I have been playing more or less for a week now. 
Currently level 37. Story wise I'm stuck @ Legendary 7-3 (boss just deals way too much damage o.o)
So I figured, maybe I can improve my squad somewhere. 
I won't go into equipments because I have barely scrounged up a few 5* equipments, a few 4* but mostly 3* gear.

For idea purposes..

X   X   X
X   X   X
X   X   X 

Is how ill refer to my squad.
For PVP and PVE I use.

Sora 5* - Ninja  + 1  - 20/20 skill 0 Aura is Sharpsight.      --                Vivi 5*  - Machine +1 - 20/20 skill. Aura is Bullet Hell   -                                       X
Leon 4* - Blood Warrior +2  - 20/20 skill, Aura is Lifesteal 2. --            Kane 5* - Grand Ranger  - 10/10 skill, Aura is Gaia's Embrace -                         X
X                                                                                           --              Teresa 4* -  Priest + 2 - 15/30  skill. Aura is Combat Aid II.      -                           X

These for now are currently my best units, atleast I think. Could you give a rate?
My full list of noteworthy units is: 
5* 
Vivi  Machine - Hera 
Sora Ninja - Kratos (could have a better faith ._.)
Kane Grand Ranger- Hera 

4*
Teresa Priest + 2 - Kratos (Faith also needs to be better..)
Leon Zealot +2  -  Zeus 
Aaron Marksman +2 - Hercules (Faith also needs to be better..)
Natalia Crusader  + 1 - Zeus
Winry Marksman - Ares
Aaron Marksman - Hera ( I got this one later )
Aaron Hunter - Athena 
Lulu -Invoker - Zeus
Isabelle Invoker - Zeus
Fiona Slayer - Hera
Dante Lancer - Athena
Ralph Crusader - Hera

3*
Taegen Mage +2 - Hera (I was told to level him)
Theia Acolyte + 1- Athena
Leandra Mage - Kratos
Aaria Knight - Athena
Winry Archer - Hera
Luna Archer- Athena
Aaron Archer - Athena
Claude Acolyte - Ares
Kristoph Mage - Hercules
Rin Thief - Zeus
Kai Thief  -Hera
Silvia Warrior - Hera
Dante Warrior - Ares
Victoria Knight - Athena

What should I level, in what order?
If you got any tips for this new player, I'd appreciate it.

Edit:
Had enough valianite to get a cybella. So currently leveling her

ashenwind

Re: Help this new player with his squad.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Considering your playtime, I guess it's a bit too early to tackle legendary. IMO, legendary should only be attempted if your whole squad has been equipped with minimum of matching 4* equip sets. Archers like Vivi, Kane, and Cybella should be at least at 50% critical chance or higher.

But anyway, there are some heroes you can raise later on after you are done with Cybella (do make her into Gunslinger instead of Grand Ranger. Gunslinger's aura is much better than Grand Ranger's)
1. Kai. Make him assassin. He can prolong your turn, which will translates to more damage. In higher difficulties, it's better to kill first before the mobs killed your team. Or at least, do not let them attack at all.
2. Taegen. Make him Mind Warder. He is a battle mage type. After he activates his skill, he'll have a very damaging normal attack if you build his stat right.
3. Luna. Make her into Marksman. Marksman Luna has similar aura to Grand Ranger Kane and VIvi. But, being a 4*, it's easier to raise her crit chance compared to the 5* counterparts.
4. Leon Blood Knight/Warrior (depending on translation). Build his talent toward ATK and get the Weapon Mastery talent skill. It will make him to be a very damaging unit whilst remain quite tanky and useful to keep other dps alive.

Luna and Taegen are optional. Leon is lower down on the list because building his TP might take a long while.

iCantPlayDiz
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:12 am

Cybella is on her gunslinger way. How am I supposed to get matching 4 star gear without clearing Legendary levels?  Thats the part that is slightly elusive to me. Thanks for the other advice btw!

ashenwind

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:26 pm

The next two week event should give you matching 4* set for Shadow (and maybe Healer set). Every new hero event will give you the matching set for that particular hero as reward for completing event quest line.

Otherwise, you can try crafting it through the building armorsmith. You can farm the crafting items required from chapter 4 heroic.

There is also heirloom item that starts at 1* but gaining more power if you raise its rarity. You can obtain this from event bazaar during new hero event.

iCantPlayDiz
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:27 pm

Bump: 
Cybella is 5* 

Also did a few pulls: 
Talissa 4* Invoker - Zeus
Zedd 4* Spellbreaker 
Rhea 3* Warrior - Hercules
Another Thea 3* Acolyte- Athena
Another Kai 3* - Ares
Victoria 3* Knight - Hera
Mathilda 3* Acolyta - Kratos

With these new ones, should I focus on some other things?

Sn1v33

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:12 pm

If you can reroll your Rhea's faith to Ares, Zeus or even Hera, she's really powerful both jobs. Talissa warlock and elementalist is also amazing if you can change her faith to athena. As with your Kai, the previous commenter already mentioned what you can do with it. 

PS: Don't rush legendary stages if you're new to the game. Just focus on leveling and getting better heroes and squad composition for the time being. It actually took me about 3 weeks to start clearing legendary stages and I only finished the legendary stages after 2 months. The last act in legendary has mobs with ridiculous attack stats so you would want to kill most of the mobs because they will kill your team in one turn if a lot of them survives. Also, don't gem equip summon. You can farm those so just keep saving for gem hero summoning. :)

Nekonase
Official Member
Official Member

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:00 pm

Bump: 
Cybella is 5* 

Also did a few pulls: 
Talissa 4* Invoker - Zeus
Zedd 4* Spellbreaker 
Rhea 3* Warrior - Hercules
Another Thea 3* Acolyte- Athena
Another Kai 3* - Ares
Victoria 3* Knight - Hera
Mathilda 3* Acolyta - Kratos

With these new ones, should I focus on some other things?
Focus on Rhea, convert her into Ares faith. Use valiante to buy pixie if you can (rerolling faith via 5* heroes is costly and unreliable). Also, convert Cybelle into Hera faith as well. Use Omega Gryphon lord to reroll the aura of those who need it. Aim to get all the critical rate of each archer to 50%.

Sn1v33

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:02 pm

On a side note, you're pulling some good faith Theias. Sadly, she is shitty lmao.

iCantPlayDiz
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:54 pm

So Re-rolling some heroes should help. Great.
Currently at Legendary~12.3 
Mainly focussing on the event atm. 
But I know what to focus on a little now. Thanks guys.

Sn1v33

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:13 am

I am really emphasizing on Rhea. Borderline OP and fits on bulky, ranger trigger and just about any team lineup. I'm using Rhea gladiator as my physical damage dealer/crowd control with Talissa warlock, Altima HD, Kiera RM and Lucille Inquisitor in PvP. She literally wins some matches for me.