Zvalmiekloranesh
Topic Author

New Arena for VF, happy ?

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:06 am

Hi everyone, and happy new year (a little too late) !

Zval's coming for the news ! And they're not good. In fact, it's even really bad, but hey, it's the devs' decision.
But ! Let's talk more about tactics, and how to adapt to this Cassandra wave in arena.

Because my team had become obsolete. I was going to 4100-4200, now it's 3800 max, and I promised to myself not to refuse any fight suggered. 

Never. 
So, I'm eating Cassandra's daggers in the face (too) many times per day. At least, Ranger trigger teams could be killed.
Now, when I see a cassandra in front of me, she's the absolute top priority target. Meh, what am I saying, she's a 3 turns CD... I am the target.

- I cannot kill the assassin after the skill, but she kills nearly anything in front of her. Wait, no, she clearly kills anything. You can have 20k def, 30k HP, she's still laughing at you. 
- Ninja's a pain in the ass too. She's like... rats everywhere. I'm just so happy when I kill her before she's doing her skill. But her clone being a "real unit" just without the skill, it's insane.

- Magebane... Don't see her that often, but she insanely irritating when put with her twin sisters.
- Samourai. Well, she kills all my team in one go. lol ?

Put all of them together, it's a nightmare. I'm about to quit the game, as ALL my friends did this week. I clearly regret Cassandra being born, but I may have missed... something ? To counter her ?
What do you guys use to beat her ? I mean, each of them. 

Please, I loved this game, and I can't believe it's dead already because of some d*ck commercial scheme. There must be a way.

Sn1v33

Re: New Arena for VF, happy ?

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi everyone, and happy new year (a little too late) !

Zval's coming for the news ! And they're not good. In fact, it's even really bad, but hey, it's the devs' decision.
But ! Let's talk more about tactics, and how to adapt to this Cassandra wave in arena.

Because my team had become obsolete. I was going to 4100-4200, now it's 3800 max, and I promised to myself not to refuse any fight suggered. 

Never. 
So, I'm eating Cassandra's daggers in the face (too) many times per day. At least, Ranger trigger teams could be killed.
Now, when I see a cassandra in front of me, she's the absolute top priority target. Meh, what am I saying, she's a 3 turns CD... I am the target.

- I cannot kill the assassin after the skill, but she kills nearly anything in front of her. Wait, no, she clearly kills anything. You can have 20k def, 30k HP, she's still laughing at you. 
- Ninja's a pain in the ass too. She's like... rats everywhere. I'm just so happy when I kill her before she's doing her skill. But her clone being a "real unit" just without the skill, it's insane.

- Magebane... Don't see her that often, but she insanely irritating when put with her twin sisters.
- Samourai. Well, she kills all my team in one go. lol ?

Put all of them together, it's a nightmare. I'm about to quit the game, as ALL my friends did this week. I clearly regret Cassandra being born, but I may have missed... something ? To counter her ?
What do you guys use to beat her ? I mean, each of them. 

Please, I loved this game, and I can't believe it's dead already because of some d*ck commercial scheme. There must be a way.
Well, I won't stop you from quitting since this game is hell bent on being a 'buy everything or get rekt' kind of game, anyway. 
On a side note, a new 'arena' for VF is just out of the equation since you got to accept that whales plague the topmost bracket. I'm fine even with a 3 Cass team but I avoid the death roulette one unless her formation is passive. Every 5 searches, I usually play 2-3 games. I just avoid 4 rangers and assassin Cass(usually) because no way I'm beating that with my current team. 

Zvalmiekloranesh
Topic Author

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:41 pm

I know whales take all the first places, I'm good with that. But, I'm talking about strategy.

Just imagine you can be a whale all you want, but don't want to play cassandra. What counter exists ?

Bansky

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:57 pm

I really can't blame you for considering quitting the game.  It's really a tragedy what happened to VF.  It used to be a great game, one of the best if not the best tactical android game.  I love the game so much that's why I've been fighting so hard in the forums to warn the devs to veer away from the path that they are pursuing, which is to make VF a completely P2W game.  I've been blaring the red siren right after the zoey event and then the evil eye event.  The introduction of Cassandra was more like the tipping point for most players.  Those consecutive bad decision making from devs just created an environment where casual spenders are not able to compete anymore.  Just in the past week or two, a lot of our guildmates have quit the game already.  And yet, im still here.  I guess Im still holding on to hope that the devs can still come to their senses and fix everything.

What I did find surprising and frustrating here in the forums was the lack of outrage from some veteran forumers here towards Cassandra.  TBH, I am holding them partly responsible for what has happened to VF, how it is going down the sinkhole.  Their indifference towards Cassandra from was giving the impression towards the devs that they have done nothing wrong and it will be okay move in the same direction. I pleaded for some foresight because I believed it will only take two to three months before Cass becomes very toxic in arena.  However, it only took about less than a month, so much faster than I had anticipated.. I;m still sticking it out until conquest, but after that, I really don't know. Because I am very certain the devs will make GVG very much favorable to whales as well.

Zvalmiekloranesh
Topic Author

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:55 am

I finally made my decision to stay. But the devs won't get any money from me anymore until the Cass issue is solved. And I will be way more suspicious of this game.
And for now, I'm trying to find a way to compete in arena with all those damn Cassandras. Or at least to make the match interesting and fun, even if I lose.