badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Why Are There PvP Ranks?

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Recently I have been wondering why there are ranks in PvP combat. The purpose of a ranking system is to even the playing field by having players of similar strength fight each other and prevent severe mismatches in battles. However it seems to me that fails to do this. Often I'm fighting players with maxed out character levels, 6 star equipment, custom costumes and skins for all, and 2-3 Cassandra's at rank 1800. Should a player rated 1800 have maxed out character levels and by that I mean level 40? Should all of his hero's have and 6 star gear? Would all of his hero's have custom costumes and skins as well? And I have continued to fight these players all of the time, so it's not like they are in the process of climbing the ranks. The highest rank I've ever gotten in PvP is 2800 so I have no idea what it looks like at the top tier of arena combat but it seems to me that these players should be much higher up them me. Also recently I fought a player rated 2100 who clearly had no knowledge of hero's aura's and how to use them as none of his hero's where in any of the others aura's at all. So how did some one with no knowledge of using aura's make it to 2100 in the first place? Am I missing something here?

Xinhuan

Re: Why Are There PvP Ranks?

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:38 pm

You drop rank to the next lowest safe point if (1) You have more losses than wins that arena week, or (2) You played 0 arena games that week.

Basically, you are fighting players that are inactive and have quit game (didn't login and didn't play arena) and dropped arena ranks week by week, or you are fighting players that do not really care about arena and are just autoing their 3 PvP games daily.

badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:03 pm

Thanks for the insight but it seems like that's an awful lot of players dropping ranks for me to end up fighting so many of them. Maybe I'm just unlucky when it comes to the match ups. So then what should a legitimate player rated 1800 look like? 2200? or 2400?   

Xinhuan

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:47 pm

A player at 1800 is likely stuck there because his heroes have just reached 5* +2 but do not have suitable equipment yet to raise their stats further (wrong suffix, no/little set bonuses, etc).

A player at 2400 is likely has proper equipment but do not have the squad synergy (i.e squads that aren't well thought out) to deal enough damage output or survive.

A player at 3200 is likely to have proper equipment and team synergy, but may be lacking in talent points, and/or wasting orbs to overflow.

A player at 3600 is likely to have a nice squad with a considerable amount of talent points, but is unable to counter the trigger ranger meta that plagues 3600-4200 (not using Guan Yu, ZhuGeLiang, CassMB, and other units to counter trigger rangers).

A player at 4200 is likely to have beaten the ranger meta at 3600-4000 (or is running a ranger squad himself with RheaGoon or Guan Yu to counter attack), and is now unable to beat the cassandra/rhea/gy meta at 4200-4600.

A player at 4600 is in the top 30 of the server.

badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:38 pm

Thank you for that Xinhuan it was very informative and and answered my question completely  

HouseofOrdos
Official Member
Official Member

Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:02 pm

Those players with no knowledge of aura don’t believe them they just hide their real PVP squad.
When they are not playing PVP they switch out their main squad for a weaker squad or arrange them in a way that their aura doesn’t link.

I do this too after spending all my orbs i switch to a weaker squad so people that face my non pvp squad will have an easy win

this strategy also used so other people will not know how to counter or copy your real pvp squad example at higher ranks top 100 and above it’s common to face the same opponent over and over again so to prevent them from adapting you hide your real pvp squad but it isn’t really done much anymore because There isn’t really much variation in squads at higher ranks the deciding factor of who wins is base on who goes 1st, who has the best equipments and the RNG
hence hiding your PVP squad doesn’t really do anything at higher ranks but at lower ranks like platinum to gold variation in squads still exist so some players hide their pvp squads so other won’t copy it or try to counter it.