Peepoop
Topic Author

Multiple triggers on witch doctor question

Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:13 pm

Does anyone had blood knight, thief and witchdoctoe to test?

A thief can chain up to 4 times and with life leech should trigger wd poison 4 times.

Questions

Does each hit of the thief triggers a poison since you will see multiple green healing numbers?

Does the poison stacks on a single target?

Does the triggers randomise on different target per trigger?

Sonatta
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Multiple triggers on witch doctor question

Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:31 pm

I can answer some but not the one regarding the thief attack with life leech.  Poison stacks. Every time the witch doctor gets triggered by an ally getting healed, there is a chance to randomly target an enemy with poison.  Also made me curious if using items to heal would trigger the witch doctor.  *runs some tests*

tackey
Valiant Sage
Valiant Sage

Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:55 pm

1) probably no, tired it with mind warder active skill during CBT and it doesn't triggered. tired using potion on PvE halloween event and the answer is no it doesn't trigger.
2) No, poison doesn't stacks it overwrites. tested and proven, only event NPC poison stacks. i tried it on PvP and PvE didn't see the increase in damage, just the duration resets back to 2t.
3) triggered target is totally random, if poison triggered different target every time then everyone will probably use poison formation by now. because it will does a very constant damage to each and every opponent.

Sonatta
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:59 pm

2) No, poison doesn't stacks it overwrites. tested and proven, only event NPC poison stacks. i tried it on PvP and PvE didn't see the increase in damage, just the duration resets back to 2t.
Weird, how come when my witch doctor did a second poison on same target, the poison damage increased from 1032 (first poison) to 1984 (second poison) when I inspected the target.  I tested it in PVE though.  

tackey
Valiant Sage
Valiant Sage

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:07 pm

Weird, how come when my witch doctor did a second poison on same target, the poison damage increased from 1032 (first poison) to 1984 (second poison) when I inspected the target.  I tested it in PVE though.  
interesting, most of my test is based on PvP cause i seldom used it on PvE just a couple of time in halloween event. either the poison wears off and new one replaced it or i see wrongly.
But before posting out i tested on PvP against friend, it triggered twice on the same target but there's no stack in damage the poison just overwrite. was 4094 poison next turn when it proc on the same unit again, damage remains at 4094.

Sonatta
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:18 pm

interesting, most of my test is based on PvP cause i seldom used it on PvE just a couple of time in halloween event. either the poison wears off and new one replaced it or i see wrongly.
But before posting out i tested on PvP against friend, it triggered twice on the same target but there's no stack in damage the poison just overwrite. was 4094 poison next turn when it proc on the same unit again, damage remains at 4094.
Hmm, maybe my WD got affected by my Lulu Invoker that increased the poison damage when they got hit though.  Most probable explanation that made me think it stacked.  :D

Crazyfight
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:37 am

I'm using a witch doctor and the answer is nope
You have trigger from vampire rune also
But no stack even when i use both witch doctor and inquisitors healing at once
Still no stack
It even have a bug that the witch poison will never trigger again make it annoying ._.

HuangHui

Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:25 pm

I'm not sure about triggering poison but I use triggers as my main attack method. When my samurai with life leech attacks, my sage and spirit walker will attack multiple times and with that triggers the samurai to attack further(up to 23 triggers once).

I did have a wizard in the past with poison trigger but don't recall him trigger more than once though.

tackey
Valiant Sage
Valiant Sage

Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:32 pm

I'm not sure about triggering poison but I use triggers as my main attack method. When my samurai with life leech attacks, my sage and spirit walker will attack multiple times and with that triggers the samurai to attack further(up to 23 triggers once).

I did have a wizard in the past with poison trigger but don't recall him trigger more than once though.
Attack trigger is different, currently there's no nerf for attack trigger and it's unlimited
Heal trigger had been nerf to "Limit = once per turn"
Poison trigger no nerf stays the same no limitation and such, but it doesn't stacks.
And i starts to lose interest in poison LOL~! because it doesn't do much in both PvP and PvE content