Greetings everyone, I am masonchou and the purpose of this guide is to give general information about the three daily events that the game provides
- Abandoned Mines (Gold Dungeon) - Unlocks at level 10
- Tower Of Despair (EXP Dungeon) - Unlocks at level 20
- Capitol's Last Stand (Rune Dungeon) - Unlocks at level 30
Firstly, the dungeons resets daily at 5am (GMT +8). Everyday, you get to fight all of the dungeon once, with an exception of one of them three times.
The below table shows the # of times you can fight each dungeon on each day of the week.
Please take note that other than the extra two times you get to fight the dungeon, you also get a specific boost from 6pm - 10pm
Monday, Thursday, Sunday - Increased Gold Gain from quests
Tuesday, Friday, Sunday - Increased EXP gain from quests
Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday - Increased Training Chance (When you fuse heroes, higher chance to get Mega Success)
You get all three boosts on Sunday.
Another thing I would like to highlight: All three events have three different difficulties: Normal, Heroic, Legendary. I wish I could state the 'minimum' stats/heroes/level requirement for each difficulty, but I believe it is more of an trial-and-error process.
Let's get started with each individual event:
1) Abandoned Mines (Gold)
Perfect for earning gold, as you progress in the game, you will find out that gold is a very valuable resource as things gets more and more expensive. (Build a Gold Mine too!)
In this dungeon, players are given 10/15/20 turns(normal/heroic/legendary) to try and destroy as many pumpkins as possible. The pumpkins does not attack nor deal any kind of damage. There are a total of 10 floors in each run, and ANY pumpkin in the round might reveal the ladder to the next ladder. Take note that moving down a floor also consumes a turn.
The pumpkins drop gold ores/ingots/bullions etc, but I will refer them by their grade (1*, 2*, 3*, 4*, 5*).
Normal Stage - 1*, 2*, and 3* (rare)
Heroic Stage - 1*, 2*, 3*, and 4* (rare)
Legendary Stage - 1*, 2*,3*, 4*, and 5* (rare)
As you can see, it is much more rewarding to fight higher difficulties, but if you are only able to kill a few pumpkins in heroic as opposed to 10 stages in normal, then of course normal is better.
As mentioned above, to gauge whether you can 'proceed' to farm on the next difficulty, it is recommended to do trial runs (preferably on gold boost days) and record the average earnings.
My personal thought is this: Two of your ranged heroes must be able to one-hit a pumpkin (Minimal) to make it more rewarding.
General Tips (Will be enhanced with screenshots later):
- Do NOT use auto-battle if you want to do well.
- Put three frontline heroes. If your 'main team' or you only have archers, still put them in the front because you will be able to move to exit quicker.
- Generally, attack with your back-line heroes first. If the exits are revealed, then you can use the other heroes that is not facing the exit to clear pumpkins
- Do not bring Guardians unless you have nothing with better attack. Guardians are tanks, therefore their ATK will be generally lower than other classes, and pumpkins does not attack.
- A Ninja/Assasin is EXTREMELY helpful as their aura refreshes turns. You have to manually time the kills for Ninja though.
- Weigh your options, sometimes it's better to leave a few pumpkins behind and go to a higher floor, but sometimes it is more beneficial to kill everyone
- Elementalists are awesome as well, as they can pretty much clear one stage by themselves if well geared
- This is for late game players, bring the friend with highest friendship level as it provides additional attack (If you require it)
- You can restart the application and start from floor 1 again, however drops will be exactly the same but ladder positions will be randomized
- One tactic is to do one round and memorize the pumpkins that drop 'rare' drops (Like 5* bullion). If you did not manage to clear the dungeon, you can restart and try again (However, there is a drawback. refer to the end of this guide)
- Another secret tip that I believe not much people knows about - The Ninja/Assassin refresh trick. (This might be a bug, I'm not sure if intended or not)
When you attack with your ninja, move your characters forward BEFORE the animation starts (after you queue the attack but before the animation starts). IF a refresh is triggered, it refreshes the turn of the character at the tile ahead.
2) Tower Of Despair (EXP)
Ah, the least interesting of the three dungeons. Some seasoned player might even skip this daily all together. Personally, I still do the dungeon unless there is an event ladder going on then I will skip this dungeon to save more energy for the ladder.
This is because it drops EXP pots (used to level heroes), and once you reach late game you will find out that you have alot of exp pots, and even if you run out of them, it doesn't take too long to manually level characters.
The grade of the drops are the same as the Gold Dungeon so you can refer to the above if you need it.
This is just a simple dungeon, which is similar to any other story dungeons you've fought. The only 'special' thing is that there will be a boulder coming down each turn (Pay attention, the tiles affected and direction of boulder would be flashing red). There will be a number indicating how many turns left till the boulder comes down.
The boulder hurts ALOT in legendary (Hits me for about 8k damage) so it's best to try and avoid it or kill all enemies before it rolls down.
- Personally, I cleared legendary with a full DPS team, but any lineup should be able to clear it at ease
- Just speaking about legendary, the toughest stage should be 2/3 as there are 5 enemies in a weird formation. Having two champions (top and bottom) speeds up this stage immensely.
- Regarding the last stage, personally I use two archers to clear the middle boss in one turn, and a Dragoon to jump into the middle. However, the monsters are not very strong therefore it should be a piece of cake
- Drops are RNG, if you do not get 5* exp potions from legendary, just have to accept your luck.
3) Captiol's Last Stand (Rune)
The hardest of them all, but also a very important one. Runes are fairly difficult to obtain (story stages drop them at a low drop rate), therefore the only way to get runes to equip, or to enhance, is through this dungeon.
In this dungeon, the pumpkins spawn and move forward one tile each turn. If the pumpkin have no other place to move, it will explode and deal AOE damage to your whole team.
(If I'm not wrong, this AOE damage is a percentage of your HP, legendary explosions does 50%, therefore two explosions will kill your team. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I noticed my entire team takes 50% damage regardless of defense, hp)
The final boss is the same boss you fight in story mode 24-3, he is very very high physical defense, but close to zero magical defense, therefore skills does the most damage to him.
Normal - 1* and 2* runes
Heroic - 2* and 3* runes
Legendary - 3* and 4* runes
- Leave one lane open. This will put much lesser pressure on your team to clear all three lanes every turn and gives three extra turn to kill those pumpkins running past.
- You can choose to leave bottom or top open, doesn't really matter, just go according to your aura directions. Ideally, that vincent slot should be a ranged dps (which I lack)
- As mentioned above, the boss has high DEF. Just a rough gauge for you guys, my 7.3k attack freya does 300 damage to the legendary boss and crits for ~3k. However, skills do ~12k damage.
- One of the tactic people utilize is using pullers/swappers (Ninja, CK, Warlord, etc.) so that the boss will be right in front of your team when he spawns, otherwise you have to spend three turns walking over while he decimates your team
- Another tactic, which is the tactic I use, is massive crowd control. The boss has a chance of resisting status effects, but if all 5 of your heroes have CC spells, I doubt he will be able to resist all (unless you are a unlucky man), therefore if you rotate correctly, you can keep the boss permanently stunned and slowly whittle down his health.
- Do not attempt legendary rune event unless 1) you have tons of CC units, or 2) your DPS is high enough (7k is not high enough, I am unable to give you a minimum limit as I have not reached it yet) to kill the boss before he kills you
- The boss has two skills. The first skill that cools down does no damage, but reduces your atk. The second skill however, does so much damage (it one hits my entire team) therefore you should try your best not to let him use it.
- For pumpkin rounds, if you manage to stun a pumpkin right in front of you, that row will 'do nothing' next turn, therefore you can sort of ignore it and kill other pumpkins first.
- Just a 'secret' tip that might be useful in some situations. If you move forward during the first round (first round ONLY), the pumpkins will NOT explode in your face. This is especially useful if you have a ninja/assasin.
Round 1: Move the other front-line unit
Round 2: Move him back to original position, kill the pumpkin in front of ninja/assasin (if refresh triggers, your frontline can attack once again)
Thank you everyone for reading up to this point, hope that my guide will be of use to you guys.
*In any dungeon (even story or events), you can restart your app and 'resume' the battle from round 1. However, many players do not know that each time you resume battle, all your heroes suffer a 5% deduction in stats, and it stacks up, therefore it is not really recommended for you to do this too many times.