whodahackii

Re: Q&A thread for newbies

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:32 pm

Another question which is better for attack rune
- 7 one slot rune and a 2 slot rune
- 4 2 slot runes
The first option is better in term of stat gain. This is what you'd want to go to for end game.
The second option is better in term of cost. This is what you'd want to go for if you're lacking resource. But you'll eventually have to switch to first option.
Thanks, I will slowly build 5* one slot attack rune as I am currently using the second option. I seem to remember a discussion here about the second option as a slightly better one, I guess that is obsolete.
because 7+2 has the maximum set bonus, 20% in total regardless of colour. meaning 10% red 10% crit or 20% mag or 20% def.
If you use four 2slot = maxed of 10%, the 10% is not much, but compare to end game where you would not want to keep a 10% rune set if you could already get a 20% set.

KiteVII

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:28 pm

Question again, what to prioritize limit break or hero talent?

ashenwind

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:20 pm

Question again, what to prioritize limit break or hero talent?
On certain heroes, it will be best if you prioritize talent first.

For example, Leon Blood Knight is only very good after he gets weapon mastery lv3. Drake who can chain attack trigger like there is no tomorrow should just build atk talent first, since using 5* hero of same name gives more base atk stat than a single LB does.

For archer trigger type, however, you'll want to prioritize LB before talent. You want LB first because there is no talent that improve CRI (except for archer attunement. Even then, the addition is little because archers has low base MAG). LB give CRI and all other stat including ATK, so it's win-win for the archer. Once you have reach maximum critical chance (75%, which is equal to around 6700-ish CRI) without relying on Green Rune set bonus, feel free to begin building their talent.

KiteVII

Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:48 am

I got another Freya, my first one is a dragoon which I only used on goldmines and capitol. I ask how the other 3 jobs of her performs in pve.

ashenwind

Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:26 pm

I got another Freya, my first one is a dragoon which I only used on goldmines and capitol. I ask how the other 3 jobs of her performs in pve.
If given the time to cast her skill, Freya Berserker is probably at the top among her other class in term of burst damage. Her aura also activates fairly often. She needs to walk to the enemy in order to make full use of her burst damage, and she needs a source of healing from time to time.

If given the effort to build her talent, Freya Gladiator can be your go-to girl for a fast but steady source of high damage. However she needs to stay on formation in order to make full use of her aura, and her pierce type attack can be limiting at times. Also, her lack of innate attack trigger might hamper her damage potential. Has CC that can work just fine to buy some time while you move your squad to zero-in on faraway enemy(es)

If you want utility, then Freya Warlord is your answer. She deals decent damage, can buff party, can pull units to melee range, and has attack trigger capability. Just that on overall damage, Berserker trump over her most of the time. Works well with anyone.

All of Freya's class actually perform equally well on pve, though Gladiator might need some underlaying works to reach her full potential.

KiteVII

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:51 pm

If given the time to cast her skill, Freya Berserker is probably at the top among her other class in term of burst damage. Her aura also activates fairly often. She needs to walk to the enemy in order to make full use of her burst damage, and she needs a source of healing from time to time.

If given the effort to build her talent, Freya Gladiator can be your go-to girl for a fast but steady source of high damage. However she needs to stay on formation in order to make full use of her aura, and her pierce type attack can be limiting at times. Also, her lack of innate attack trigger might hamper her damage potential. Has CC that can work just fine to buy some time while you move your squad to zero-in on faraway enemy(es)

If you want utility, then Freya Warlord is your answer. She deals decent damage, can buff party, can pull units to melee range, and has attack trigger capability. Just that on overall damage, Berserker trump over her most of the time. Works well with anyone.

All of Freya's class actually perform equally well on pve, though Gladiator might need some underlaying works to reach her full potential.
Thanks again

Now it seems like they need to occupy the middle tile to make the most out of their aura especially glad. Glad needing talent was time consuming for me since I am just a f2p player. Warlord on the other hand I already got heroes who can pull and buffs attack. So I guess I can pour resources to making berserker freya now.

KiteVII

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:50 am

Would a thess grand ranger fit into a trigger archer team? Does her celestial form on attack stack?

ashenwind

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:33 am

Would a thess grand ranger fit into a trigger archer team? Does her celestial form on attack stack?
On arena, maybe. I've seen several archer trigger team that include her. If anything, she's quite useful to help trigger the archer during round 2 where most if not all archers usually spend their turn using their active skill instead of attacking.
On Pve ground, it's quite questionable. Unfortunately I don't have a Tess myself, so I can't really give you any good advice about it.

About the burn ground, I think it's stackable. Provided you can make Tess to attack more than once during the same turn.
As for the disable, I'm not really sure. With how low its' damage threshold before breaking, I think a single critical attack is enough to shatter it and free the disabled enemy.

Rellana

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:41 pm

I have been using a archer trigger team for the story missions and heroic 24-3 is proving to be extremely hard,due to the fact that the boss and his minions focus my archers down.
I would like a tank for them,with a taunt that can't be resisted,so I can keep them off the rest of my squad. But I am unsure what would be best suited for this purpose,as my stock of available units is somewhat limited. I did contemplate making Leon a BK to fill this role.but would there be a better suited hero that would be better?My stock of what to use is somewhat limited,as I've been playing for about 2 weeks so far.

KiteVII

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:16 pm

Did they change the tower of lost soul floor 50 reward? I seemed to recall a screenshot of it where the rewards are all valiant tickets.

And about the 5* ticket reward on first achievement on floor 50, what heroes are included there.