Hayzen
Topic Author

[GUIDE] Faith Guide (With charts!) v1.0

Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 pm

VALIANT FORCE FAITH GUIDE 
BY HAYZEN
===========================================================

Hi everyone! This is my first guide for Valiant Force. This time I'll explain about Faith and some class relations. 
Some of these are already covered game tutorial section so be sure to check them out first too.

Any feedback is appreciated! Especially if there are any mistakes on what I wrote.

What is "Faith"?
Faith is one of the game mechanics where it's an attribute that affects your unit stats growth. each unit you have with have a certain Faith.
You can check out your unit's Faith by opening their hero menu and click the icon beside their name and class.
The Faiths are all named by Greek gods, and they give different stats multiplier each. 

How does this affect my unit?
Your unit base stats are greatly affected by the current Faith of your unit. so let's say any unit with Ares faith will have significant increase in ATK stats and low MAG and so on. 

Can I choose any Faith I want for any of my units?
Unfortunately we can't. Faith are given randomly by the time you earned the unit. but the game gives us an option to Reroll Faith to a random one (again) with a cost. 

How can I reroll my unit Faith then?
If you click the unit's faith icon, you can see what their faith affect and a button to Reroll Faith.
To Reroll, you need to sacrifice a unit with a tier identical to the maximum tier of the unit you're about to reroll and pay 100.000 Gold

For example, 
Leon ★3 has maximum ★4 , so he needs a ★4 unit to reroll his faith.
Theia ★3 has maximum ★3, so she needs a ★3 unit to reroll her faith.

Kiera ★5 has maximum ★5, so she needs a ★5 unit to reroll her faith.
Kiera ★3 has maximum ★5, so she still needs a ★5 unit to reroll her faith. (even if she's still ★3) 

and so on.

Also note that the sacrificed unit must be at the maximum tier they needed to be! You can reroll ★5 unit only with ★5 already unit. 
After you reroll, your unit will have their Faith changed into a random one (excluding your previous Faith). Just like the time when you first obtained that unit.

The cost of faith rerolling are extremely expensive currently as ★5 unit isn't that easy to get. so it's not recommended to waste your another ★5 unit just for the sake of getting random faith (which highly possible to end up with the same bad faith!). It's very possible to go back to your first faith after multiple rerolls!. (Someone reported that he has rerolled 6 times and ended up going back to his previous Faith lol).
Therefore, use ★5 monsters from event instead (e.g Jailor and Maleos from halloween event) if you desperately needs to reroll.

The developer has announced that they will add another way to reroll faith such as using special monster . so you might wanna hold off your rerolling for now.

My Valiant/Hero has the worst faith! can I still use them?
Absolutely! while they will have slight stats disadvantage, once you get them to max training and promotion, they'll still be usable for anything. The majority of the bonus stats comes from Equipment and Runes so you can still make a hard hitting Berserker Athena if you max out your equipment. once you hit the limit of your unit (Max Promotion, max training, all ★5 +15 equipments, max runes, etc) then it's time to consider rerolling their faith for that extra oomph on the stats you desire. The difference between "Weak" and "Strong" stats are about 500-600 point difference. Where as equipments can contribute whooping thousands points instead.

For new players, if you got your first ★5 - able hero, use them regardless of their faith! they'll greatly help you progress the game until you have better units. also Valiants have higher stats than any hero so be sure to build your starter Valiant!

Which Job is the best for <Character Name> and <Some Faith>?
This is probably the most asked question in the entire VF community so I'll do my best to explain from Faith perspective.

In general,
Zeus is very suited for any front-liners or any hero that needs ATK and some durability.
Ares boast the highest ATK bonus and best suited for DPS glass-cannon heroes such as Champions, Shadows and Rangers.
Hera boast the highest CRIT bonus and best suited for heroes which skills scale with CRIT. (all Shadows and Rangers)
Kratos boast the highest DEF bonus and best suited with tanky front-liner heroes which skills scale with DEF (Guardians)
Hercules boast the highest HP and high MAG which really good for Healers due to combination of high MAG and bonus HP for survivability. Mystics can also utilize it well.
Athena has the highest MAG bonus and heroes with MAG scaling such as Mystics are really good with Athena.

Therefore taking account on each classes attributes..

All Guardians skill and aura scale with DEF (except Faye which is the only unit currently to scale with HP), so by default, it's best to have Kratos or Zeus as their faith. though you can consider offensive Faith for Zealot path.

All Champions skill and aura scale with ATK, so Ares is pretty good on them though many players often complain about their survivability (poor DEF), many opted Zeus as their best Faith as well. though glass-cannon class like Berserker are preferred to have as much ATK as possible with Ares.

As for Shadows, their skills and aura scale with CRIT and ATK so Hera and Ares work. but since Shadows have high natural CRIT and there are CRIT runes, some people often considers Ares or Zeus to be the optimal one. There are several variation to consider:
The Assassin job on rogue path relies on CRIT more than the other jobs so people often run Hera if they want to go Assassin.
Ninja doesn't have any CRIT modifier on their skills/aura, so people often run Ares/Zeus for Ninja. 
Magebane/Samurai are good with either one.

All Mystics skills and aura scale with MAG. and as they are often used as nuking heroes (especially Elementalist), Athena is easily the best for them. though Hercules are fine as well. though if you're using Mystic for their utility (Rune Magus or Warlock for example), you can consider using durable faith such as Kratos or Zeus so they'll last until they used their skill.

All Healers are similar to Mystics, they all use MAG for scaling. Hercules is preferred if you want more survivability.

All Rangers skills and aura scale with both ATK and CRIT. this class is all about pure ATK + some utility, so Ares, Zeus or Hera for CRIT boost are the best for them.

For quick overview, you can use the chart I made above!

Again, don't fret if you finally gets the class you want but it doesn't have the faith you desire. all faith are viable to use and doesn't impact too much on the gameplay. (you can still clear everything on PvE with any units regardless of the faith). you can start worry at Faith once you hit the end of your unit development. This is a SRPG game so your tactics are all that matters!

======================

Please note that these aren't the exact guide you have to follow to enjoy the game. There are tons of class combinations and some classes require different Faith for specific strategies especially for PvP.  For example some top arena players utilizes Ninja's active skill to swap and use him to hold the center tile as long as he can, and he prefers his Ninja to stay as long as possible there so he prefers Kratos faith instead of the usual DPS faith and many more. The part of game fun is to experiment!

----------------------
History:
- v.1.0 Guide released (13/12/2016)
----------------------

Break
Official Member
Official Member

Re: [GUIDE] Faith Guide (With charts!) v1.0

Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:12 pm

Excellent guide man! Liked the chart lol

MoonEdge
Valiant Sage
Valiant Sage

Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:52 pm

Very nice! I've added it here!

beartroll
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:46 am

wow, really nice guide! Even comes with picture to understand.

handysmith95

Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:58 am

Nice chart and the explanation are useful either, Thanks !

Kang
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:50 am

Wow this cleared up on some doubts I had, nice guide and thanks!

Hayzen
Topic Author

Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone! it seems the developer has announced the "Pixie" system as the new way to reroll faith. I'll update the guide as soon as the update rolls out later. :D 

Dooooooooominic

Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:04 am

Noobish question, does faith reroll if you promote a hero? 

Fenicks719

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:25 pm

No one will play this game if it does.

Dooooooooominic

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:25 pm

No one will play this game if it does.
Thanks!