jtstarbucks

Re: [Guide] UH Series: "Solo DD Trigger Team Build" - Anti Mega Bosses | Last Update: 02/06/17

Thu May 18, 2017 7:32 pm

The best trigger rate would be having a Drake with double strike rune instead of a Vincent. If you have a Vincent, you may want to equip him with a vampire rune for additional trigger chance. However, don't expect the trigger rate to be fantastic using a Vincent. (as compared to Drake)

This team is not feasible in pvp. This build is solely for pve.
Thanks you so much for your reply. May I further my question? As I have a little curious about my "ideal line-up" work or not. Yes, I have a dragoon drake in my hero pool. Let's assume I put my drake (equips with vampire rune) at the front-mid with both Leon(BK) & Darrion(BK) alongside, and i replace Kahuna to "LUCTHOR (WITCH DOCTOR)" ,sit right behind drake.
Since drake can trigger extra attacks himself without Kahuna, so his extra attacks mays increase the chances to activate my Lucthor as well. (poison damage 2K per turn).  I imagine this line-up is worth to try....
Hi again,

Firstly, I have never tried your setup b4, so my comment here is severely limited to just theory and understanding of the Drake SSD itself. The reason why Drake SSD with Kahuna is so good, is because Drake can attack for a very long period of time w/o stopping. The additional Kahuna procs additional trigger, and removing her, the trigger rate will definitely drop. 2k dmg will eventually lose out to Drake hitting additional 5 hits in 1 turn. With a double strike rune, there are very rare instances where Drake triggers indefinitely for the whole 6 minute of the raid.

I think all ideas are worth a try. If you have the resources, you should give it a go. I do however recommend that you build up Drake with a solid ATK first. 

Happy experimenting
Thanks for the reccomendation, I've since build up my drake to 5* now and have a vampire rune equipped on him. However I thought I read somewhere on this thread that double strike rune doesn't actually help with the proc of drakes trigger? /: If it does then I'm in a bad spot cux I've got a few double strike runes before i got my vampiric but I've fused them away cux I thought they were useless..

ashenwind

Re: [Guide] UH Series: "Solo DD Trigger Team Build" - Anti Mega Bosses | Last Update: 02/06/17

Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 am

Thanks you so much for your reply. May I further my question? As I have a little curious about my "ideal line-up" work or not. Yes, I have a dragoon drake in my hero pool. Let's assume I put my drake (equips with vampire rune) at the front-mid with both Leon(BK) & Darrion(BK) alongside, and i replace Kahuna to "LUCTHOR (WITCH DOCTOR)" ,sit right behind drake.
Since drake can trigger extra attacks himself without Kahuna, so his extra attacks mays increase the chances to activate my Lucthor as well. (poison damage 2K per turn).  I imagine this line-up is worth to try....
Hi again,

Firstly, I have never tried your setup b4, so my comment here is severely limited to just theory and understanding of the Drake SSD itself. The reason why Drake SSD with Kahuna is so good, is because Drake can attack for a very long period of time w/o stopping. The additional Kahuna procs additional trigger, and removing her, the trigger rate will definitely drop. 2k dmg will eventually lose out to Drake hitting additional 5 hits in 1 turn. With a double strike rune, there are very rare instances where Drake triggers indefinitely for the whole 6 minute of the raid.

I think all ideas are worth a try. If you have the resources, you should give it a go. I do however recommend that you build up Drake with a solid ATK first. 

Happy experimenting
Thanks for the reccomendation, I've since build up my drake to 5* now and have a vampire rune equipped on him. However I thought I read somewhere on this thread that double strike rune doesn't actually help with the proc of drakes trigger? /: If it does then I'm in a bad spot cux I've got a few double strike runes before i got my vampiric but I've fused them away cux I thought they were useless..
Everybody that uses Drake SDD tend to use Double Strike rune because Double Strike effect resets trigger count. As far as I concern, the higher the trigger count gets the harder it is to keep chaining. This is where Double Strike rune become handy. it'll keep trigger count at low amount thus allowing drake and kahuna to keep triggering almost indefinitely until their aura failed to trigger or Double Strike rune didn't activate in time to reset trigger count.
If you no longer have any Double strike rune, Matilda witch doctor can also function as replacement. Her aura allows you to manually attack in between trigger chains, which is essentially similar to what Double strike rune does.

Sonny6166

Fri May 19, 2017 11:47 am

Sorry for a little question here. Currently I'm owning a Solo DD team, and the Damage Dealer is Vincent, Aura slaves are Leon & Darrion (both BK), definitely a Kahuna behind. However, I feel the trigger probabilities is not good enough.

Furthermore, Is this team build good for PVP? I was banged by others.....
any tips or experiences to share?
The best trigger rate would be having a Drake with double strike rune instead of a Vincent. If you have a Vincent, you may want to equip him with a vampire rune for additional trigger chance. However, don't expect the trigger rate to be fantastic using a Vincent. (as compared to Drake)

This team is not feasible in pvp. This build is solely for pve.
 Hmm... nice theory you have there~ but if that poison doesn't stack wouldn't it be useless? have you try that? did it stacked? cause if it do stack it will be really good counter to tanker team :D

jtstarbucks

Fri May 19, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi again,

Happy experimenting
Everybody that uses Drake SDD tend to use Double Strike rune because Double Strike effect resets trigger count. As far as I concern, the higher the trigger count gets the harder it is to keep chaining. This is where Double Strike rune become handy. it'll keep trigger count at low amount thus allowing drake and kahuna to keep triggering almost indefinitely until their aura failed to trigger or Double Strike rune didn't activate in time to reset trigger count.
If you no longer have any Double strike rune, Matilda witch doctor can also function as replacement. Her aura allows you to manually attack in between trigger chains, which is essentially similar to what Double strike rune does.
I see! Thanks for the advice (Y) It really opened up my eyes. I was lucky enough to get a double strike rune ytd from the market, guess I will have to go and up it to +15 then >< I do not have a matilda tho. So if I equipped the double strike rune, should i put two life steal aura slaves + one kahuna for drake or 1 lifesteal aura slave + kahuna for drake and one sven at the side?

ashenwind

Fri May 19, 2017 3:17 pm

I see! Thanks for the advice (Y) It really opened up my eyes. I was lucky enough to get a double strike rune ytd from the market, guess I will have to go and up it to +15 then >< I do not have a matilda tho. So if I equipped the double strike rune, should i put two life steal aura slaves + one kahuna for drake or 1 lifesteal aura slave + kahuna for drake and one sven at the side?
Put two lifesteal aura slaves + kahuna SW + 1 hero on the side depending on situation. One source of lifesteal won't trigger drake/kahuna reliably.

jtstarbucks

Fri May 19, 2017 3:21 pm

Put two lifesteal aura slaves + kahuna SW + 1 hero on the side depending on situation. One source of lifesteal won't trigger drake/kahuna reliably
Will do! Thanks for the fast response! :D

jonjonjonny
Official Member
Official Member

Fri May 19, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi again,

Happy experimenting!
@grubby42, as of now I think its better to focus on getting all 5* teams for new players! Raids and events should only be attempted after you have gotten a wider pool of heroes. As for your questions regarding Raid, as of now from my personal experience: 
1) Drake Dragoon
2) Kahuna SW,
3) another lifesteal aura (can be anyone, Miu Darrion Leon) 
4) Matilda WD, these are your 4 core heroes. 
As for the last slot can be anyone actually, but most people prefer using Vincent Bersk (he can provide att buff for Drake). This build is most cost efficient because, only your Drake needs to be fully equipped. All other heroes can be naked (with no items hahah). 
So try to focus on getting a full 5* team and complete your Story first, and everything else comes after later. It will take awhile, and there are alot of guides already available. Plus alot of veteran players here who can help you along the way (so many senpais here hahaha)
Do let us know if anything else! :D 
Good reply senpai, I need to have coffee with you soon  :D
Wahwah, look who's the senpai, not me! You are the senpai~ :P

jonjonjonny
Official Member
Official Member

Fri May 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Put two lifesteal aura slaves + kahuna SW + 1 hero on the side depending on situation. One source of lifesteal won't trigger drake/kahuna reliably
Just to clarify abit:
1) if you're using Drake with 2 LS heroes -----------> this method works best with DS rune
2) If you're using Drake with Matilda WD ------------> this method works best with LS rune (this method doesnt work as good with DS rune because if RNG screws you, you cannot trigger anymore attack)

The difference between the both is, method 2 requires less restart, while the 1) is very dependent on RNG to give you good dmg. Its been tested and proven, hence why you now see more of 2) on the raid ladders. I personally recommend 2) if possible! 

jtstarbucks

Fri May 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Just to clarify abit:
1) if you're using Drake with 2 LS heroes -----------> this method works best with DS rune
2) If you're using Drake with Matilda WD ------------> this method works best with LS rune (this method doesnt work as good with DS rune because if RNG screws you, you cannot trigger anymore attack)

The difference between the both is, method 2 requires less restart, while the 1) is very dependent on RNG to give you good dmg. Its been tested and proven, hence why you now see more of 2) on the raid ladders. I personally recommend 2) if possible! 
I see... however I havent been able to roll matilda T.T the only summoner I've got is sven hahahaha. Guess I'll work on my DS rune for now till I get a matilda :) Thanks for the clarify!

jonjonjonny
Official Member
Official Member

Fri May 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Just to clarify abit:

I see... however I havent been able to roll matilda T.T the only summoner I've got is sven hahahaha. Guess I'll work on my DS rune for now till I get a matilda :) Thanks for the clarify!
I've mentioned this in one of my earlier post:
.....as of now I think its better to focus on getting all 5* teams for new players! Raids and events should only be attempted after you have gotten a wider pool of heroes. So try to focus on getting a full 5* team and complete your Story first, and everything else comes after later. It will take awhile, and there are alot of guides already available....
So focus on this instead! :D