Rellana
Topic Author

New Player advice

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:18 pm

I've been playing for about 2 weeks and my team is at present composed of Cybella,who in turn I have linked to Luna and Aaron with Theia and Lucille to provide healing support.
The problem I'm encountering is that my team is extremely squishy,as the boss in Chapter 24-3 made me very aware of when he demolished my entire front row in about 2 turns,before I could
take him out.  I've been trying to improve there defensive stats with equipment upgrades,fusing, and runes but I'm reaching the limit there as well,as I did try the Heroic version of the event for better runes,and I couldn't damage them fast enough. I do not have many other options,hero-wise,as most of my other ones are either mages,or shadows. I've been going through the other missions on heroic to get as many gems as possible,but is there any thing I could do to improve my team? I have been grinding for the relics I need to upgrade Cybella and Lucille,but that's going to take a while,and I'm not sure if that's going to be helpful at all.I've also been working on limit breaks for both Aaron and Luna.

whodahackii

Re: New Player advice

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:49 pm

which Luna and Aaron? the one with Critical to Trigger, and Critical to Stun? then you did alright.

And which 24-3? Normal Heroic Legendary.

For PVE content (not talking about event, because event are designed differently).
A taunt skill Guardian is recommend, but the best all round and more than single use are as follow:
(no ranking, just suggestion)
Faye HD / Tristan BK / Arthur HD / Altima HD / Victoria HD

I suggested HD because of their defensive use, but Paladin job are not bad too, they are notable of 'returning' damage to enemy.

Rellana
Topic Author

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:22 pm

I meant  heroic24-3 sorry.And I've tried using a taunt skill guardian,and the boss seemed to ignore the taunt and went about destroying the rest of my party instead. The luna I have is the one you've described. Unfortunately I don't have any of the Guardians you described as they haven't turned up for me,as I said the majority of my choices have been mages and ranged characters. I did try using Leon,but that didn't go so well. I do need to figure how what I'm doing though as I assume legendary will be much harder.

whodahackii

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:09 am

I meant  heroic24-3 sorry.And I've tried using a taunt skill guardian,and the boss seemed to ignore the taunt and went about destroying the rest of my party instead. The luna I have is the one you've described. Unfortunately I don't have any of the Guardians you described as they haven't turned up for me,as I said the majority of my choices have been mages and ranged characters. I did try using Leon,but that didn't go so well. I do need to figure how what I'm doing though as I assume legendary will be much harder.
Boss ignore taunt because it got resisted. Another way is using Tristan BK's BEAR, and HD Arthur (hopefully he trigger his on-spawn skill)
These two are 'Mis-direction' type of taunt, which CANNOT be resisted!
Good Luck. Please Summon more heroes AFTER Thursday Maintenance, and again, BEST of LUCK!

Rellana
Topic Author

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm

OK,thanks. Just asking,is there a way to reduce the chance the taunt is resisted,as getting a BK on leon is going to take me some time to grind the tokens to upgrade him to a BK?

whodahackii

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:17 pm

I'm not sure. but it was implied that Sleep and Charm are affect by Def & Mag.

And nothing more, the Dev NEVER disclose how magic resist and any debuff resistance formula.

Btw, Leon BK is good SDD dps, but never a good taunt. if you need taunt/mis director early, please don't do Leon.

Rellana
Topic Author

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm

Who would you advise then? I did manage to acquire a Faye in a recent draw,so maybe a Holly Defender would work well with my squad,or a Paladin Leon?  I also want to ask about events as I've been trying the harder version of such things as Capitols Last Stand for better runes and the Trails such as Trial of Healer and my damage is severely lacking. I assume I need better heroes for such things,as 100 damage barely tickles the boss in the Trials.