Nightingale
Topic Author

Re: [Guide] An analysis of different jobs available to Valiants

Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:51 am

I will give this guide a makeover/overhaul when I'm less busy with work, hopefully somewhere in the month of February.

moncrath

Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:50 am

Hi, im still new about this game and i got freya( zeus) slayer .. what job should i pick for her next? Berserk or warlord?
My team composition is
Freya (slayer) zeus
Vincent ( warrior ) ares
Teresa ( priest) hercules
Natalia ( knight) zeus
Isabela ( mage) hercules
Since you're new and your team isn't solid enough yet, it is better not to choose which job in the Slayer branch should go to suit your current team. So I'm going to generalize both Berserker and Warlord and hopefully it will give you an idea which job you want to go to.

Berserker Freya has outstanding ATK, but for 2 turns in PVP it is extremely hard to make use of her 2 turn buff. Having a CD of 6 turns, she has to act last by casting skill in the 2nd wave and act first in the 3rd wave to utilize her buff. Another way is have her attack triggered by others while her buff is active. That is if she survives, she has a low survivability rate and even lower due to debuffs to her DEF which would likely make her a prime target if she has the lowest DEF. There is also nothing to be proud of her aura, as you need other heroes around her to make it work and at a 30% rate which is low.

Warlord Freya on the other hand, can boast more than just high ATK. She has a useful feature which allows her to cast pull on single targets (even boss monsters) which also packs quite a punch. In PVP it may be useful in some cases where Freya was displaced/swapped, then she can pull someone away from a tile or straight off kill any Ranger/Shadow if she has high enough ATK. Her aura is okay-ish, 40% to trigger others to ATK is not too low but it is not high either.

I'm probably favoring Warlord because I'm using her... She's my only melee unit on the front lines and she's doing great, she's also Zeus faith. I'm trying to get her to Ares but no luck so far. Before I forget to bring faith in, Ares is the most preferable faith for all Champion jobs. Having Zeus is okay, but to get the most out of Champions, having high ATK is a must.
Thanks dude for the answer.. it help me a lot :)
Btw , How about my vincent? Should i keep him and make him to gladiator since i dont have disabler unit or change another hero?

Nightingale
Topic Author

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:28 am

Hi, im still new about this game and i got freya( zeus) slayer .. what job should i pick for her next? Berserk or warlord?
My team composition is
Freya (slayer) zeus
Vincent ( warrior ) ares
Teresa ( priest) hercules
Natalia ( knight) zeus
Isabela ( mage) hercules
Since you're new and your team isn't solid enough yet, it is better not to choose which job in the Slayer branch should go to suit your current team. So I'm going to generalize both Berserker and Warlord and hopefully it will give you an idea which job you want to go to.

Berserker Freya has outstanding ATK, but for 2 turns in PVP it is extremely hard to make use of her 2 turn buff. Having a CD of 6 turns, she has to act last by casting skill in the 2nd wave and act first in the 3rd wave to utilize her buff. Another way is have her attack triggered by others while her buff is active. That is if she survives, she has a low survivability rate and even lower due to debuffs to her DEF which would likely make her a prime target if she has the lowest DEF. There is also nothing to be proud of her aura, as you need other heroes around her to make it work and at a 30% rate which is low.

Warlord Freya on the other hand, can boast more than just high ATK. She has a useful feature which allows her to cast pull on single targets (even boss monsters) which also packs quite a punch. In PVP it may be useful in some cases where Freya was displaced/swapped, then she can pull someone away from a tile or straight off kill any Ranger/Shadow if she has high enough ATK. Her aura is okay-ish, 40% to trigger others to ATK is not too low but it is not high either.

I'm probably favoring Warlord because I'm using her... She's my only melee unit on the front lines and she's doing great, she's also Zeus faith. I'm trying to get her to Ares but no luck so far. Before I forget to bring faith in, Ares is the most preferable faith for all Champion jobs. Having Zeus is okay, but to get the most out of Champions, having high ATK is a must.
Thanks dude for the answer.. it help me a lot :)
Btw , How about my vincent? Should i keep him and make him to gladiator since i dont have disabler unit or change another hero?
I'd definitely promote him to Gladiator over Dragoon, and take a row stun with damage anytime over a leap with nothing but damage. They both have shields though which is a plus. The Gladiator would also benefit more with a higher ATK from his aura the more allies he has around him, but it's not so much of a big deal. Many would argue that the Dragoon can fly behind enemy lines and take out squishy heroes, but I'd prefer to have everyone together and not leave the rest of my team behind to more vulnerable attacks. So if you want everybody together to make the best out of your aura's, the Dragoon is a no go. His chance to stun with his aura is also low, just like Berserker Freya so I wouldn't depend on it.

Nightingale
Topic Author

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Please unpin this thread as it has long since been obsolete. I will not be updating this thread despite the Valiant Revamp coming as I have commitments elsewhere.

Thanks.

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Re: [Guide] An analysis of different jobs available to Valiants (DISCONTINUED)

Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:55 pm

Very grateful for this guide! Thank you for your efforts!