Burai
Topic Author

My Feedback for the Valiant Force Team

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:58 am

Hello to the Game creators of Valiant Force,

Absolutely a very big fan of your game and absolutely loving your game, but I do have to point out a few items about the game.

Hero Mechanics:
Faith:
One of the bigger aspects of a character, knowing which aspects, is great for a team comp is good, but when it is random when it comes out and when you reroll, it gets frustrating.
I wouldn't say its bad to have very different faiths, it is actually quite ingenious, but the re-rolling can be tweaked to be abit better.
Maybe 4 units of 3 stars can help reroll a 5 star, or 2 units of 4 star reroll the faith of a 5 star. Or a special unit that helps reroll the faith. Maybe....?

Why would this be a problem? Its hard to get 5 star units in the first place, most of the time you would either get 3 star units or 4 stars, but rarely 5 and even then they would be in their basic form or 4 star form. 

Skills:
Personally I really don't mind the skills, ingenious in a way, but yes it does get a bit boring after a while, knowing your units will have the same skills as others. I would not even say this is a big problem, but giving each character a unique playstyle would be totally awesome, like maybe a "Reflect Aegis" reflecting damage when taken, or like a "Piercing Shot" for the archers, as you have played AOE damage for the mystics already, or finally like "Ricochet shot" bouncing shot from enemy to enemy with the gunners, just like Rouge and Assasins, you dont have to always have to make new abilities, sometimes just give them a change.
But some of them are just too different, or to the point unusable, such as the skill from Zedd, Rune Magus, if I am not mistaken called Gaia Wall? The ability is almost unusable, unless under different circumstances, but my problem with the skill is that it hurts more of you than the enemy. 
1. The walls do not move
2, They provide no cover whatsoever
3. It can be considered kind of a filler skill?

Why would this be a problem? They provide no cover whatsoever, so what is the point of creating the walls? Maybe you can make the walls move? And maybe taunt the enemy to make them attack the walls first instead of characters. Even if the choice is not to make them move, it really would help Zedd, as a character feel significant. That itself would be a great skill for a 5 star, cause other than the stats on Zedd, he feels so weak from the skill point perspective.

Equipment:
NOT ENOUGH EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!! Sorry to say this but there is not enough equipment, or not enough branching equipment, at the start of the game it seemed more branchy, just like your guns and crossbows, compared to the straight bow, totally awesome, but the higher you go its more preset like. Instead making a new weapon for each set, you can make it so like equip 3 of the items to get the set effect, such as 1 weapon (bow,crossbow,or gun), one armor, and one boots. I don't have any problems with completing the set, just wishing there were branching weapons, I mean wouldn't it be cool to watch the gunslinger class wield a gun instead of a bow?

Auras:
This is part I have the most problem with the hero mechanics currently. Aura's do not expand and just head outward in 1 tile horizontal or vertical away from the character itself. Maybe do it so that aura's can expand 2 tiles horizontally away from the character, or even diagonally.

Why is this a major problem? 
1 . You, as the team, would like to create a tactical game, and I really commend you as the team for it, it has been such a pleasure to play your game, but as now, it feels more like a building a formation game. Once you break that formation your done, you have lost your advantage as a formation(Game). The buffs and triggers you get are broken.
2. To further my point is that lets say you have a defender, and he gets 15% defense buffs from people  around his aura, 2 on his left and right and one is at his rear, most of the time you would place a warrior, next to the defender, and maybe a rouge on his right, and an archer on his rear. Moving away from that formation means hes losing 15% of his potential buffs, and next is that lets say you place a warrior, in the same position of the defender, instead his aura is his front and back, and one to his right. Moving your unit means he is going to lose all his damage maybe to kill the enemy or such, because it is so hard to get in the positions that matter to the character. 

PS: Kai's Ninja's aura can refresh his own turn from time to time. Please check this out.

Others about character mechanics:
Nothing much to say. Just enjoying it. Awesome Work!!!!!!

Item and storage:
Too little in my opinion. Maybe reduce hero for items, as you have alot of items, that go into the item list. Characters are just characters, till you add special units until then....

Animations mechanics:
Actually quite well done in my opinion, for a game that was made quite recently. Well of course I personally would like greater animations, but as for now, it is quite enjoyable, as you would instantly know what attack he is doing, such as basic and crit, and skill wise.

Battle mechanics:
Others than previously stated, such as the aura problem, I really really enjoy the tactical feel of the game.