Jsho
Topic Author

Feedback & Suggestions for Improvement

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:44 am

First of all, I'm really enjoying the game (currently lvl 50+, Prestige lvl 10), and I would love to help make it better.  Below is a list of some of my issues with the game along with some recommendations to hopefully make it better.

1)  I think that there needs to be a wipe before OBT in order to make it fair for everyone (easiest would be to refund everyone since packages have changed, some cbt players would probably complain for refunds anyways & then you wouldn't have to figure out some elaborate system, but not sure if the company would do that), and also give us a chance to test things out we may not do otherwise knowing that we can't change it (and maybe even get gold/gem injections to try out things since it will be wiped anyways).  I also know that the packages have changed, characters have been nerfed (though I will agree the creatures needed it, it still stinks for those who put the time into leveling them to lose that), and other changes have been & will be made, and it would just be good to give everyone a fresh start as well as access to the Lulu event (which at a minimum, gave people access to a 4* mage set along with a free farmable mystic).  Maybe as compensation, let players get to pick their starter valiant rather than it being random, or some other boost/free gems/summons.  It's possible you may lose a few cbt players from this, but it would give a huge amount of goodwill from those who weren't able to play, and make it fair for everyone.

2)  There needs to be an option to speed up the gameplay by 2-3x.  If you don't want to give that option away for free, I think it would be a good bonus to put on the lower prestige levels.  It takes me forever to run any levels normally, and I hate having to be tied to my phone for 1-2 hours just to drain my energy without using tickets (which I wouldn't mind as much if you could get unit XP or special encounters when using tickers).  This has actually almost made me quit the game multiple times, as I don't want to be spending all that time next to my phone just hitting repeat (and it's annoying my wife since I'm looking at the phone a lot).  Along with this the ability to toggle animations, and toggle skills in auto mode would be great. 

3)  As someone who works 10 hour shifts without access to my phone, I hate losing what amounts to 6 hours of energy regen each day, so I would love to have a higher energy cap, especially since your paid energy refills aren't based on the max energy anyways -- as long as the energy cap continues to raise with level, this should eventually be resolved.  I understand that many people wouldn't be in my situation, but I've never heard anyone complain about being able to get a full night sleep without losing energy.  I would also love the ability to set my local time for the bonus energy and rush events. 

4)  I think the gem equipment summon is awful.  Most of the items you get from there are easily farmable, and even if you do happen to get something good, if you can't get the full set, your 3*-4* farmed gear may be better.  At least with the character pulls, getting dupes allows for limit breaks, and if you get all bad stuff, then at least you can use them as fodder for training.  With the equipment, the only thing you can do with stuff you don't need is sell it for a small amount of gold.  I would recommend making the gem equipment summon 4* minimum in order to give a better chance of getting something useful from it.  I also don't like having sets in the summons (it again makes only getting partial sets pretty much useless), but other than removing it, a good alternative would be to give bonuses for having a partial set. 

5)  I would also improve the forge (or a different building) by letting you fuse armor as well, and increasing the rarity you can combine to (even if it gets really expensive).  The combining buildings (and smiths for that matter) should increase at the same rate that it would be useful to me.  When I'm in legendary, combining 1* into 2* weapons is useless, and by the time I can farm the materials needed to make the armor, I can already farm the armor item itself.

6)  Job keys are really just an annoyance.  In the beginning of the game they are super slow and hard to come by, and then once you get your main team all upgraded, they don't matter that much.  I would remove them from being required for upgrading (just doing all of the training is expensive enough), and then give them ability to downgrade jobs rather than upgrade (i.e.:  The 1st level items would let you downgrade a hero from 4* to 3*, and the 2nd level ones can downgrade from 5* to 4* -- you can even increase the number of job items required to do it well past what it is now, as it becomes more of an end-game thing rather than something stopping progress).  This would let characters you draw with jobs you don't care about still be useful, and if someone draws an unwanted 4*-5*, or makes an upgrade and then hates it later, it can still be useful with some farming.  This method also doesn't make you change the job stages or items, so it would hopefully be easier to implement.

7)  Faith has too much of an impact, and it's hard to easily see what the difference is without going into the gallery and flipping through it (I'm still not totally sure what exactly Strong, Great, Good, Fair, Weak, etc gives or takes).  I would recommend that the characters have higher base stats, and then faith just give a smaller % bonus to a few stats.  As an example, Athena could be 20% bonus to Magic, 15% bonus to Attack, 10% bonus to Def or something.  Makes it much easier to understand exactly what impact faith has, and doesn't have the huge swing in stats like it does now, where a unit can have 2x the base stats of the same unit of a different faith in some areas.  I know you are looking at alternative ways to change Faith as well, and if that keeps the random part, the ability to roll and then have the option of keeping the original faith would be a big help.  I know that I have a couple units with OK faith that I would want to get to the ideal version, but I'm too scared to try it for fear that I'll end up with a worse faith.

8)  Runes taking up the same slots as the other equipment and items stinks.  Please either remove these from taking up inventory entirely, or give it its own category.  I've actually stopped farming the rune stage as I'm tired of trying to manage my inventory for this too (and I have expanded my item slots to 120+).

9)  I don't have a ton of experience with arena yet, but the person going first seems to have a big advantage in being able to get the best mid spot as well as getting the skills off quicker.  Not sure what can be done there, but the team going 2nd could use some kind of boost, or just always let the player go first (or second if you want to make it a little more difficult) rather than flipping the coin.