whodahackii

Re: [OPEN] Feedback about beta version of Guild Raid

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:42 pm

This is just a suggestion.
Why make the raid a competetion against your own guild instead of guild vs guild vs guild? That way the guild ladder will still be implemented but everyone on a guild will have to participate if they want their guild to have better rewards. That way more raid bosses will also be defeated than the average 1 or 2 bosses killed each raiding season?
HaHa, so in the end this is about the fun of those top 10 guild =D
Good try, but I'm suggesting to oppose this and should make it different than the so called Guild Conquest (which is pretty sums up What you've stated above, an inter-guild competition).

Pat437

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:04 pm

This is just a suggestion.
Why make the raid a competetion against your own guild instead of guild vs guild vs guild? That way the guild ladder will still be implemented but everyone on a guild will have to participate if they want their guild to have better rewards. That way more raid bosses will also be defeated than the average 1 or 2 bosses killed each raiding season?
My honest opinion is this is a very bad suggestion. I'm all fine with implementing competition between guilds (maybe like guild wars) but it's one thing to promote competition between guilds and another thing to have to depend on how other guilds do to determine a single guild's Raid rewards. This almost guarantees that a few whales guilds will always be at the top of the ladder and will be rewarded the most tokens every week (which is not unlike the current system where whales guilds should be able to down more bosses for more rewards), but this suggested G v G v G ladder for raids is in fact worse - with this G v G v G raid competition suggestion, it would even mean that different whales guilds will need to compete with each other for better rewards (that they would otherwise be able to obtain already in the original system). It will also ensure that F2P guilds(less hardcore/whales) will never ever be rewarded equal even if they are able to eventually down all the raid bosses in each dungeon. And turning this game even more P2W, which is generally not good for a game's health.

How would you even suggest to rank guilds that are able to kill all 4 bosses? By Kill time? Whichever kills first ranks higher? That would put unnecessary stress for players to use their Raid keys as soon as they reset at 5am SGT daily. Is that good? Absolutely not. If not by kill time, i don't know how else you would suggest to differentiate those guilds.

In current system (or any system), Top guilds are already been rewarded for their ability to down more bosses earlier, and earning more tokens with each boss downed. There's seriously no reason to reward 1 or a selected few even more for doing what they normally do.

The important thing is to remove competition within guilds. Competition between guilds can be better achieved by other means, and Raid is definitely not one of them.

Zyr

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:51 pm

This suggestion of mine was taught of to kill more raid bosses. I mean, does 1 guild of whales have killed all 4 raid bosses? Atleast 3? Or even 2? 2nd, im not promoting competetion between guilds, if not, guild cooperation. I mean its GUILD RAID. And about the ladder rewards, ofcourse not one guild will have the same reward! Thats the ladder are for! I mean have you seen the 1st and 2nd had the same rewards? Dont think so bro.
Now about how to rank the guilds. 1st logical answer is to 1st know how many bosses each guild have killed all one's, then all two's, so on and so forth. Then how fast/how much damage the guild has done through out the raid week. And about the the unnecessasry stress for players, dude THIS IS A GAME NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. If anyone wishes to risk their health just to use the raid keys in 5 am SGT daily, thats their choice.
In the end i also agree with you that the competetion within guild should be removed.

whodahackii

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:14 am

This suggestion of mine was taught of to kill more raid bosses. I mean, does 1 guild of whales have killed all 4 raid bosses? Atleast 3? Or even 2? 2nd, im not promoting competetion between guilds, if not, guild cooperation. I mean its GUILD RAID. And about the ladder rewards, ofcourse not one guild will have the same reward! Thats the ladder are for! I mean have you seen the 1st and 2nd had the same rewards? Dont think so bro.
Now about how to rank the guilds. 1st logical answer is to 1st know how many bosses each guild have killed all one's, then all two's, so on and so forth. Then how fast/how much damage the guild has done through out the raid week. And about the the unnecessasry stress for players, dude THIS IS A GAME NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. If anyone wishes to risk their health just to use the raid keys in 5 am SGT daily, thats their choice.
In the end i also agree with you that the competetion within guild should be removed.
if you follow the Valiant Force Global group, you might find what you wanted, there is a guild (IF******) is going your way, to the 3rd and then 4th raid boss in a single week. Bro.

Pat437

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:45 am

Hmm, if you are only thinking of "present" status, then my friend, you are not thinking far enough. There may only be 1 or 2 (or a very few guilds) that can down more than 1/2/3 boss every week currently, but that number will surely grow, as players get better or encounters start getting nerfed after weeks/months which is the general direction most raids in every other game goes by.

Designing a system based on the current status and not taking into account future developments is quite short-sighted. You want to give those guilds that can clear more bosses now even greater rewards (like they aren't already getting getting more rewards with the more bosses down???). Ever heard of the poor/rich divide (or f2p/p2w divide in gaming context)? What good does it do for the developers to widen that gap? Giving more rewards to those who are already earning more rewards so they have to pump out more content faster just for the tiny group of them while the rest 95% of their player base struggles to kill 1 or 2 bosses of their first raid? Doesn't make a single bit of sense

Regarding your "This is just a game" comment, seriously hahaha. In other games, there are people/guilds who fight for World Firsts for no additional rewards from the developers (well, except that they may have sponsors and all), and you seriously don't see a problem implementing a similar mechanic to your ladder suggestion with a REWARD (albeit a virtual one)?

Imagine guild leaders telling their guildies, "I want every single one of you to use your raid keys at 5am SGT. I don't care where you are, what you are doing, if you don't use your raid keys by 6am SGT - You're out!" 

Currently: "There are still very few guilds who can down more than 1 boss and we can squeeze into the top 50 (for example) if we are the first few guilds every week that down that boss, for better rewards!" 

Future: "Every one and their mother can down 4 bosses now, so if you guys want better rewards, wake up to piss and get those raid keys used at 5am SGT daily!"

Zyr

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Just above the above post
If youre thinking about the guild raid with its future content by looking in its current status, bro, its still in its beta phase, even alpha to some. I mean srly. My suggestion also still valied if, IF the raid bosses will not be nerfed. And offcourse more and more guild will be able to kill more raid bosses the next following weeks. Just think of the ladder as additional rewards, i mean if the rewards are still the same plus ladder rewards, would you be still rant about my suggestion?
The way i see it, guild raid and maybe the guild conquest are the end game portion of the game now, as newer members can now access arena/legend that was the end content in the past. Regarding the f2p/p2w divide. There will always be like that in gaming, i mean p2w players are the companies main source of income to begin with. And im not saying this because im a p2w, im actually at prestige 0 and still enjoy the game with what it is now. Bottom line is, if players want to pay for additional optional gems and whatnot, thats their decision.
Bro did you srly just tried to compare a moblie game to pc games? Thats like comparing a banana and a fruit salad with a martini on the side! I dont know if there are moblie games thats actually sponsored(srly?!), and no i dont see a problem implementing a similar mechanic to the ladder suggestion.
If any gm will tell that to their guildies, then thats the first. Did you had an experience like that in other games that have a ladder? I dont think so.
Botton line is my suggestion is just a suggestion, go to a bridge and get over it and post your own suggestion.

Legit questions.
1. how many guild have killed the 2nd boss?
2. Is the 1st raid boss reward always armor token, imean does the rewars for 1st boss rotate?

Ryozanki
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator
Topic Author

Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:07 pm

FYI,

There will be no adjustments done to the Guild Raid in this week's patch as changes are being tested.

unlipops

Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:37 am

how bout changing the time limit of raid into turn limit (similar to gold mine) 
this is a turn based game anyway :p

Murmur

Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:09 pm

So, thoughts and suggestions on this setup for raids:

1.Keep weekly reset time table.
2.If boss isn't dead, don't reset.
3.Flag the bosses for unlocking. If you beat it once, it's always unlocked.
4.Keep current rewards as they are (including which boss drops which pieces)
5.Add a participation reward based on how many keys are used.
6.Send rewards to mailbox so they don't get lost due to last minute boss defeat.

The thoughts behind these:
1. A week is still a good CD for the bosses.
2. If you want to let smaller or weaker guilds enjoy the raid mechanic and get rewards, let them. But at their power pace.
3. Gives guilds the opportunity to not overstock on a particular piece of armor.
4. If your guild really wants to get that head piece and you can't clear it in a week, go ahead and pass on the first boss for that week and focus on the 2nd boss even if it takes 9-10 days.
5. Fine, you want an extra reward and you can't dps worth a darn compared to the vet/whale of the guild? You want to reward the faithful? You want to punish the slacker? Here's where that mechanism goes.
6. Pretty self explanatory.

Lightwind
Official Member
Official Member

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:22 pm

By the way, is this intentional? I thought Guild Raid doesn't use any energy, but when you are at zero energy, you can't enter the Guild Raid.