obsothoth
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Updates and feedback on Guild Raid

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:32 pm

I have a kinda radical, but maybe cowardly suggestion for guild raid that I think would nonetheless solve a few issues:

Just make guild raid rewards based solely on your individual contribution. If you do a certain amount of damage you get a certain reward, end of story. If your guild manages to down the boss it's just a cosmetic achievement for bragging rights.

There's the issue of access to bosses. Since you cannot individually down a boss, how to access other bosses? You can do a combination of damage and achievement based checks to do this. If you do a certain amount of damage and complete a set number of achievements like not bringing a mystic or something then you are considered to have 'cleared' the boss and can proceed to the other bosses.

It's cowardly because it sidesteps the issue of guild building, but I think it may be better to have a casual guild environment that is not so cutthroat as it is now. Everyone can just be friends together without resenting others for not putting in damage or kicking people out.

You can have players who clear all the achievements for a certain boss grant a debuff on the boss which will allow weaker players to clear it more easily, like the Tower event. You can retain the guild ladder for an additional bonus.to entice stronger players to stay in guilds with players who have less damage potential, Yeah this a little smelly because stronger players are kinda farming weaker players for ladder rewards, but if they provide a boss debuff, I think its fair.

I think it's better to build an ecosystem where stronger players can help out weaker players, rather than grouping all the strong players together with the weaker players no chance to advance. 

YayuSheng

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:26 am

@obsothoth

i can't agree or disasgree to ur idea, because like u said it's radical, & so much to measure, bcs if the dev implement that wrong the essence of  what is called guild activities will be gone ;)

but i will agree to the foundation of ur thinking(at least to what i can understand) which is to make the ecosystem more lively & diverse to ppl choices how to play, as casual that's slowly progress or competitive player, & not like current environtment that's only the strong can have descent guild, & the casual & new player can't hope to progress. Like LeonZai said in vf facebook group, the time the minority lucky strong player get the raid gear, the gap wil be clear, without the slow progress & new player that's not lucky enough to have that kind of guild will feel hopless.

Cassiel

Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:10 pm

In addition to some posts here about showing how many attempts each members do in each raid boss, I would like to suggest that we should have all non-participants on scoreboard with 0 activity. Its so much pain to have to swipe up and down through tiny texts of scoreboard and leave the screen and enter members screen repeatedly to find 2-3 ppl that don't join raid.

Also pls improve scoreboard in the same way as members screen that pops new (and bigger) window once click. Staring at small texts are not good for eyes.
+1 to this. I have 7 excel files to record raid member activities(and still have to guess raid count), it would be good if full screen score board(and may be an extension to show raid history for each member in full screen score board?) and raid attempts count for each member are implemented.
I'm not sure if u mean all history or weekly history. So i would like to provide additional opinion to the devs that the history should show present record (weekly) of raid attempts instead of all history. The reason is that I prefer user's friendly interface. Showing all history instead of weekly will require gm or officers to take note (outside the game) of previous (weeks) attempts to be able to compare the current (week) attempts. Any interface that still requires players to do the work outside the game is not a friendly one so pls show weekly attempts only. Or if the devs would want to implement it in a way that we will have all (previous) history section and current (week) history section, I have no objection.

Genez
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:16 pm

In addition to some posts here about showing how many attempts each members do in each raid boss, I would like to suggest that we should have all non-participants on scoreboard with 0 activity. Its so much pain to have to swipe up and down through tiny texts of scoreboard and leave the screen and enter members screen repeatedly to find 2-3 ppl that don't join raid.

Also pls improve scoreboard in the same way as members screen that pops new (and bigger) window once click. Staring at small texts are not good for eyes.
+1 to this. I have 7 excel files to record raid member activities(and still have to guess raid count), it would be good if full screen score board(and may be an extension to show raid history for each member in full screen score board?) and raid attempts count for each member are implemented.
I'm not sure if u mean all history or weekly history. So i would like to provide additional opinion to the devs that the history should show present record (weekly) of raid attempts instead of all history. The reason is that I prefer user's friendly interface. Showing all history instead of weekly will require gm or officers to take note (outside the game) of previous (weeks) attempts to be able to compare the current (week) attempts. Any interface that still requires players to do the work outside the game is not a friendly one so pls show weekly attempts only. Or if the devs would want to implement it in a way that we will have all (previous) history section and current (week) history section, I have no objection.
History record shows for 2 days like this is ok, just want to see how guild member deal with each key :v  I think history record for a week may affect their server performance as they made it accessible only 2 days.

Cassiel

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:33 pm

History record shows for 2 days like this is ok, just want to see how guild member deal with each key :v  I think history record for a week may affect their server performance as they made it accessible only 2 days.
Not this one. Sorry for if i was unclear in my previous post. I meant the weekly history on scoreboard of each raid boss so we know how many attempts each member does. The max is 21 times. And thats why i mention that all history will make it difficult to see and have to take note outside the game the number of previous week.

aven

Sun May 14, 2017 12:33 pm

5645d3fab88aea74c61286b3afb24fa3
Last edited by aven on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Autumnzz

Sun May 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Time for whale problems,

I'd like to make a suggestion for default rewards (40%-100%), or something else, for guild members who are unable to hit a raid. One minor issue we've run into is needing to coordinate our damage on Idol Amphitheatre. We've asked all members to only spend one key only until a bit into the day so that all members get an equal chance to hit. When certain teams/players can do >10% per key, five players could easily kill the boss. We find ourselves needing to implement internal requests for the guild to ensure everyone gets a key in. Different players have different schedules in different time-zones, so this can be a challenge to manage.

Mr. Snek simply dies too quickly for some guilds now. It can be frustrating that "top damage" and "fastest clear" are the metrics we've been given to shoot for, but we have to balance that with ensuring we are good citizens within our guild. I completely understand that this is only a problem for the top guilds and not a majority of players. I also understand some players may find this encourages laziness and rewards those who don't try. There is always a balance, but I'd like to at least raise the concern.

Thank you,
+1.
About "encourages laziness and rewards who don't try", we can manage it manually, there are number of raid done for each person and guild leader/officers can give warning to them.

brainlessgenius

Sun May 14, 2017 8:36 pm

Time for whale problems,

I'd like to make a suggestion for default rewards (40%-100%), or something else, for guild members who are unable to hit a raid. One minor issue we've run into is needing to coordinate our damage on Idol Amphitheatre. We've asked all members to only spend one key only until a bit into the day so that all members get an equal chance to hit. When certain teams/players can do >10% per key, five players could easily kill the boss. We find ourselves needing to implement internal requests for the guild to ensure everyone gets a key in. Different players have different schedules in different time-zones, so this can be a challenge to manage.

Mr. Snek simply dies too quickly for some guilds now. It can be frustrating that "top damage" and "fastest clear" are the metrics we've been given to shoot for, but we have to balance that with ensuring we are good citizens within our guild. I completely understand that this is only a problem for the top guilds and not a majority of players. I also understand some players may find this encourages laziness and rewards those who don't try. There is always a balance, but I'd like to at least raise the concern.

Thank you,
+1 for awareness, hoping a mod or dev sees this!

rvm1975
Official Member
Official Member

Sun May 14, 2017 8:46 pm

I'd like to make a suggestion for default rewards (40%-100%), or something else, for guild members who are unable to hit a raid.
Actually we have "phase 1" reward.
But I agree to give the "Silver Raid Chest" to everyone in guild no matter participant or not

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Mon May 15, 2017 3:12 pm

Always reading your comments guys!

We are well aware of the situation. Thanks for raising it up!

We may or may not change it, but we will definitely provide clarity to all players should anything be changed!