Bunny
Valiant Sage
Valiant Sage

Re: Updates and feedback on Guild Raid

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:30 pm

I'm sure i'm not the first one saying/thinking this, but i'll be the first one to post on a feedback for the supposed changes for Raid Beta 2.0. Most of the changes can't be said until implemented but the following seriously needs to be looked at before it goes live.

Guild Raid Dungeons Beta 2.0

Contribution Rewards

Raids 2.0 will feature new contribution rewards for players who have helped bring a boss to phase 2 and will also simplify the raid rewards collection process.

• A raid boss phase indicator will be displayed in battle (phase 1 = HP > 50%, phase 2 = HP < 50%)
• Contribution rewards will be sent to members who contributed in fighting the boss once a guild clears raid boss phase 1
• All raid dungeon rewards will be sent directly to player’s inbox and will no longer need to be collected in the raid treasure tab
Having the rewards automatically sent to us is cool and good. Having contribution rewards for phase 1 is Fine and an improvement BUT Please make sure that the Phase 1 rewards are sent to Phase 2 attackers as well. If this contribution rewards are only sent to the people who fought the boss in phase 1, this will create a guild management / administration NIGHTMARE where people either are forced to use their keys as soon as possible to get the phase 1 rewards or early attackers in the guild will be forced to HOLD off their subsequent attacks just to allow other members of the guild to get the phase 1 rewards. 

This will definitely complicate and/or further divide guilds if your Raid Beta 1.0/1.1 hasn't done enough harm yet.

Just wanted to add that the above proposed change directly contradicts your next goal to simply things for guild management.

Guild-related Improvements

To encourage teamwork among guild members and simplify things for guild management, 
Please don't make it any worse than it is now.
I 2nd this, won't want guildies to need to hold runs just to be able to take part in both phase 1 and 2.

I 3rd this . Some member could wake up and phase 1 is already over.
I hope it just means if the boss is not killed but boss HP is < 50%, a milestone reward would be sent to all members who did damage after raid reset.
If for every boss, certain reward is only sent to people who do damage within the phase..we would have members waking up at 4am to make sure they get their share of loot (at least for the first boss).
Last edited by Bunny on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaeger
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:34 am

I would say, just send reward to EVERY players after boss has been killed or reach certain HP milestone.
I'm sure players can manage inactive member by themselves

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:45 pm

I would like to add a new game mechanics that is very applicable to the last raid boss. Instead of killing it, why dont we have "survival" mode instead that employs the following mechanics:

1.) Survive (At least 1 Hero unit alive) the Boss' attacks at 1 Minute mark and it automatically removes Boss' 2% of Total HP after
2.) Survive (At least 1 Hero unit alive) the Boss' attacks at 2 Minute mark and it automatically removes Boss' 3% of Total HP after
3.) Survive (At least 1 Hero unit alive) the Boss' attacks at 3 Minute mark and it automatically removes Boss' 4% of Total HP after
4.) Survive (At least 1 Hero unit alive) the Boss' attacks at 4 Minute mark and it automatically removes Boss' 5% of Total HP After
5.) Survive (At least 1 Hero unit alive) the Boss' attacks at full 5 minute duration and it automatically removes Boss' 7% Total HP After.

Points are based on the number of heroes surviving the barrage by round.

jayle

Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:54 am

I'm sure i'm not the first one saying/thinking this, but i'll be the first one to post on a feedback for the supposed changes for Raid Beta 2.0. Most of the changes can't be said until implemented but the following seriously needs to be looked at before it goes live.

Contribution Rewards

Raids 2.0 will feature new contribution rewards for players who have helped bring a boss to phase 2 and will also simplify the raid rewards collection process.

• A raid boss phase indicator will be displayed in battle (phase 1 = HP > 50%, phase 2 = HP < 50%)
• Contribution rewards will be sent to members who contributed in fighting the boss once a guild clears raid boss phase 1
• All raid dungeon rewards will be sent directly to player’s inbox and will no longer need to be collected in the raid treasure tab
Having the rewards automatically sent to us is cool and good. Having contribution rewards for phase 1 is Fine and an improvement BUT Please make sure that the Phase 1 rewards are sent to Phase 2 attackers as well. If this contribution rewards are only sent to the people who fought the boss in phase 1, this will create a guild management / administration NIGHTMARE where people either are forced to use their keys as soon as possible to get the phase 1 rewards or early attackers in the guild will be forced to HOLD off their subsequent attacks just to allow other members of the guild to get the phase 1 rewards. 

This will definitely complicate and/or further divide guilds if your Raid Beta 1.0 hasn't done enough harm yet.

Just wanted to add that the above proposed change directly contradicts your next goal to simplify things for guild management.

Guild-related Improvements

To encourage teamwork among guild members and simplify things for guild management, 
Please don't make it any worse than it is now.
Yes. I agree. I'm not sure if the dev has overlooked this or word it incorrectly by mistake, please be precise for this will create a tear within the guilds.

Also, I wish there are incentives for classes which are sitting on the benches to shine in various content like for example, a Kiera and Darrion have been benchwarmers ever since the introduction of Faye, Ronan and TLS.

I understand that Valiants Class are receiving revamp but please revamp them in a way that they can shine outwardly in future content like Conquest.

Perhaps in a way you can create a synergised team in Guild Raid for example, having both "Warlock/Mystic" class and a "Sharpshooter/Ranger" class in a team will increase entire team Crit chance by 3% or possible Knockback Rate during normal attack etc? Or a Paladin/Guardian class and a Magebane/Rogue class in a team will raise entire team HP by 1.5% and evade by 3%? It can be job specified or class specified but the idea behind this is to allow the players to freely developed their ideal teams instead of being forced to use SDD or trigger team etc because nothing else will ever benefit them from using other kind of squad.

Cassiel

Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:00 pm

In addition to some posts here about showing how many attempts each members do in each raid boss, I would like to suggest that we should have all non-participants on scoreboard with 0 activity. Its so much pain to have to swipe up and down through tiny texts of scoreboard and leave the screen and enter members screen repeatedly to find 2-3 ppl that don't join raid.

Also pls improve scoreboard in the same way as members screen that pops new (and bigger) window once click. Staring at small texts are not good for eyes.

Justinlyz
Official Member
Official Member

Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:18 am

In addition to some posts here about showing how many attempts each members do in each raid boss, I would like to suggest that we should have all non-participants on scoreboard with 0 activity. Its so much pain to have to swipe up and down through tiny texts of scoreboard and leave the screen and enter members screen repeatedly to find 2-3 ppl that don't join raid.

Also pls improve scoreboard in the same way as members screen that pops new (and bigger) window once click. Staring at small texts are not good for eyes.
This is a great idea. +1

Autumnzz

Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:50 pm

yesssss

Pat437

Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:28 pm

Great idea!

Genez
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:19 am

+1 to this. I have 7 excel files to record raid member activities(and still have to guess raid count), it would be good if full screen score board(and may be an extension to show raid history for each member in full screen score board?) and raid attempts count for each member are implemented.

YayuSheng

Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:02 pm

TBH i am kind of tired to give feedback for guild raid because my former guild also the victim of beta on the run guild raid, but because i love the game i will try my best to give some insight

I think u should consider making the snake a lot weaker, so casual guild or lesser guild have hope to achieve that, i will not go on detail to how much weaker it should be, because it will kinda subjective in my end, but i think because this is your game i guess you have statistic of  the average damage of majority damage.

The foundation of the idea :
  • i think u don't want VF player base will be stagnant as it is now
  • when i play first time vf, i analyze ur game, & many can be achievable in time for casual player, that's why that was easy for me to advertise VF to my friends (now a bit hard bcs of guild raid, some of them retired)
  • consider the snake raid boss as entry point or prologue to set the mind set of players in respective guild to decide to go casual or wanted more
  • my last words will be a bit philosophical. "Players will come & stay if there is still hope to improve, & they will pay if they comfortable with the environtment"