Pat437

Re: Summoners in arena

Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:52 am

My suggestion would be to disallow Summoned units to take any action on the round they are summoned (PVP/arena)

PVE wise it can remain as currently is.

The whole problem about summoners in arena is how the turns and rounds in arena is counted. So preventing the summoned units from taking action until a round has pass should solve the current problem.

uratex16

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:47 am

Or have a different cooldown for skills in PVP. Some online games did that.

jayle

Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:26 am

I think there should be some counter measures for this such as excluding summonered units turns into the entire team cooldown which create a deficit for the other team. In a way it's makes the first turn attacker on a complete downside.

Even for a rogue class characters, there's no way to silence or do anything against them since rogues are all melee.

But i foresee some tweaks in PvP for Rogue class to have a two turns or two movements counter or additional defence for Guardian class above their defend option. Might be fun to see some changes.

ganekon

Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:36 pm

In logic, the stronger summon you cast, the longer time it took. Weaker summon with faster cast and more quantities, or fewer with stronger one.

Jobs like ninja or assassin are known to be fast, maybe fastest of all for now. So I think fast type summoner should be around them for the skill cooldown, and the tougher summon is around mystic's cooldown or longer.

They also need to think of their defenses for survivability, so their stats will be spread. That's why they called sub job which is known for their versatility, at the cost of something.

The fastest cooldown shouldn't be too deadly, because if it does, it'll become 1 squad arena team for all. But they can bug is with numbers. While the longest cooldown will be major problem if we can't kill the summoner first.

Perhaps summoner job is to counter the ranger combo (judging by the skill cooldown). Instead, it also killed other jobs.

IMO, I think it'll be better if the ranger combo chance which reduced in arena, because the cooldown of summoners are defying their nature.

Bansky

Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:53 pm

I believe the current configuration for summoned pets is they are counted as a single unit. Devs should configure them as a non-unit entity.  Their action per turn should not have any bearing on CD counter of your units as well as your opponent and they are not supposed to get any bonus points when capturing center tiles, similar to wall pillars from RMs.

Moumoumou

Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:21 pm

I believe the current configuration for summoned pets is they are counted as a single unit. Devs should configure them as a non-unit entity.  Their action per turn should not have any bearing on CD counter of your units as well as your opponent and they are not supposed to get any bonus points when capturing center tiles, similar to wall pillars from RMs.
I agree with the last point re: pets getting points on centre tiles. It's something I've been abusing for a couple of weeks now. The board control potential of Pets is very op.

Yuutaro
Official Member
Official Member

Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:12 pm

No offense meant in asking this, but what is your arena ranking?

Try fighting Emperor for example in PvP as mentioned above. I just saw had my Faye with 9k DEF got killed by his Wyvern in a SINGLE turn. I haven't even started with Talissa yet.
Expert 2, play this game for 2 month+. Just kill his Wyvern with ur dps unit 1st?
Lol yuutaro sorry doesn't work with emperor's team - u will understand if u meet his team one day. But honestly emperor is a bad example cos his team is op even without sven in front. Ironically my win rate against him is better now with talissa in my team.

I think it's a bit too early to pass judgment on Summoners in pvp. Gotta let the meta settle a bit more first as team formations ares still changing week by week. My main gripe instead is how unvaliant the valiants are. For example Keira. Totally useless for a very long time now.

Yea Emperor is using a full MLB team so is hard to fight against him. I remember dev mentioned they will revamp the valiants soon. So lets wait for it and see how the new valiants perform. :>

To the others (feel free to assume that i am talking about you), I am comparing the summoners team i met in my ranking and some people just say their "level" of summoners is more powerful and hard to kill. So Experts ranking doesnt have those team RM Ronan + Inquisitor Lucille + Summoners team??? I have met some 40 lvl teams and still win against them. Are you saying this meta doesnt affect the ranking below Master?? Arena resets every week and i will face some top players during Monday to Tuesday just like you guys facing the "op" summoners team. Hope you having a good time in top arena rankings and dont drop to Experts tier or people may belittle you.

To be honest voicing out opinions in this forum will just get flamed randomly by some "top players". It just make people stop to reply and give up on this forum eventually. I dont know what to say anymore. A Experts ranking player is still trying and some so called top players are bragging about how op the summoners is.

Xue

Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Then go away; we don't need ignorant brats here. Crying about injustice when you cannot even take criticism in the Internet? Everyone will have different opinions. These comments aren't even that harsh - they just seem slightly aggressive in nature because everyone can see that Summoners are the one bringing true "powercreep" to the game - they can do -almost- everything others can but better - we are simply worried about the game's longevity.

In a few months the game will simply be just "get new event heroes" and everything else will be rendered obselete as someone (and me) mentioned. Eventually the game will die off because everyone is tired and sick of the same formula, like all the other failure mobile games. It's not like their marketing team are as professional as the top games and they do not have a brand name to be able to salvage this. Already, we can see the implications after the ban wave. (I am not saying it is a bad thing to do but it will affect their income, infact they did probably one of the hardest decisions yet)

I already said it and I'll say it again: Summoners are new so most players will probably have them at lvl 30 for now. But what after a month or two? Sorry to be the one saying it but you are short-sighted and present no good points to the thread. We just need to discuss what changes need to be made whether mechanic-wise (like "chrono distortion") or the Summoners themselves (like skill cooldowns on pets or Summomers themselves) so that Summoners do not take over the game completely, becoming "Summoners Force".

My point is using Emperor's team as an example only because it shows the potential of a team with Summoner(s) in it. It can and will eventually happen.

Oh, and only 2 Summoners are released so we have more cancer to look forward too. Do not let me see you crying about Summoners in a few months if no changes are made.

obsothoth
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:07 pm

YES I just got my second Talissa today. Must abuse the hell out of them before they get nerfed  :mrgreen:

They both kratos faith though...

uratex16

Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:09 pm

Expert 2, play this game for 2 month+. Just kill his Wyvern with ur dps unit 1st?
Lol yuutaro sorry doesn't work with emperor's team - u will understand if u meet his team one day. But honestly emperor is a bad example cos his team is op even without sven in front. Ironically my win rate against him is better now with talissa in my team.

I think it's a bit too early to pass judgment on Summoners in pvp. Gotta let the meta settle a bit more first as team formations ares still changing week by week. My main gripe instead is how unvaliant the valiants are. For example Keira. Totally useless for a very long time now.

Yea Emperor is using a full MLB team so is hard to fight against him. I remember dev mentioned they will revamp the valiants soon. So lets wait for it and see how the new valiants perform. :>

To the others (feel free to assume that i am talking about you), I am comparing the summoners team i met in my ranking and some people just say their "level" of summoners is more powerful and hard to kill. So Experts ranking doesnt have those team RM Ronan + Inquisitor Lucille + Summoners team??? I have met some 40 lvl teams and still win against them. Are you saying this meta doesnt affect the ranking below Master?? Arena resets every week and i will face some top players during Monday to Tuesday just like you guys facing the "op" summoners team. Hope you having a good time in top arena rankings and dont drop to Experts tier or people may belittle you.

To be honest voicing out opinions in this forum will just get flamed randomly by some "top players". It just make people stop to reply and give up on this forum eventually. I dont know what to say anymore. A Experts ranking player is still trying and some so called top players are bragging about how op the summoners is.
Dude. Apologies if the points stated here hurt your ego but man, that's life. We were just trying to describe how we think Summoners are op in arena and how will it impact the direction this game is heading. They are op. Discussion should not even debate whether they are op or not, but rather on how they could be balanced in the pvp setting. Do not take it offensively.