ashenwind

Re: Talent Tree Feedback and Suggestions

Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Maybe also add 'cast misdirection to self when defending' for Guardian's fortification. It's useless in Arena, but can be a gem in PVE content, as that way guardians can maintain aggro from the get go at the cost of lowering their dps (which is already abysmal in the first place). They can then aid in attacking after their innate taunt skill activates.

In fact, maybe it'll be much better to make additional effect when defending to be available from the start.
Mystic: reduce skill cooldown when defending (fortification talent may improve skill reduction further)
Guardian: cast misdirection on self while defending
Shadow: gain 15% dodge while defending
Archer: gain 10% attack and 5% critical for 1 turn after defending
Champion:  reflect 15% of damage taken while defending.
Healer: reduce skill cooldown when defending

This, once again, to address the problem where mystics, guardians, and healer, tend to be only useful on occasional time and certain condition. I believe most of this suggested feature won't tilt the balance in arena as AI barely ever defended.

WildmVtt
Official Member
Official Member

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi MiloD,

I hope mystics get a resilience immune talent. A talent which reduces resilience percentage or whatever you may think abt. Mystics get too useless sometimes bc of resilience. Sth like a talent of max 60% or sth like that

Silmeria

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Bump. Because #MakeMysticGreatAgain
Calculating mystics and healers attack damage from ATK is truly a flaw.
Attunement talent is useless compared to other classes, because mystic draws skill damage from MAG, Not ATK. Transferring mag to atk would result in firepower decreasement.
While Rangers transfer mag to crit, and extra crits will be replaced to atk by using Rune, resulting into increasement of firepower.

Resistance talent is also useless on mystic.
Mystic require resistance from physical damage, not from debuff. Talent system need to be reworked on mystic.
Because I've stated that mystic normal atk should be calculated from MAG, then the whole +ATK section should be changed to +MAG, and the whole MAG section should be changed to +1% skill damage potential, and 0.5% skill damage potential from the half and half talent grid. (140% damage to 141% etc.)
Resistance talent should be 10% chance to dodge attack, 20% and 30% chance.

I've stated these on another thread... And because it's related to talent tree, I'm posting here too.

Bansky

Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:02 pm

I completely agree that mystic talent tree needs some revamp.  I was hopeful with the talent skill Desperation.  It looked great on paper, but having tried it in arena, the 75% damage reduction if hp less than 30%, never saved me in arena, not once.  Archers just kept on destroying my Mage.

On a side note. I am just completely dumbfounded why the Devs have been clearly biased with archer teams since the beginning. We have seen other classes got nerfed here and there, and yet the archers just keep getting stronger and stronger despite very strong calling for its nerfing from way way back. The introduction of the talent system, just broke the game for Archer teams.  Probably 7/10 teams in arena right now are composed of archer triggers.  I mean come on, VF has a great tactical aspect, one of the best compared to other strategy games.  It almost feels like playing chess.  And yet, I feel like the Devs just want to dumb it down, by making archer teams too strong.  Instead of playing great strategy games, we just end up with point and click gaming.  There, that should be the end of my rant.... for now.

Silmeria

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:29 pm

I completely agree that mystic talent tree needs some revamp.  I was hopeful with the talent skill Desperation.  It looked great on paper, but having tried it in arena, the 75% damage reduction if hp less than 30%, never saved me in arena, not once.  Archers just kept on destroying my Mage.

On a side note. I am just completely dumbfounded why the Devs have been clearly biased with archer teams since the beginning. We have seen other classes got nerfed here and there, and yet the archers just keep getting stronger and stronger despite very strong calling for its nerfing from way way back. The introduction of the talent system, just broke the game for Archer teams.  Probably 7/10 teams in arena right now are composed of archer triggers.  I mean come on, VF has a great tactical aspect, one of the best compared to other strategy games.  It almost feels like playing chess.  And yet, I feel like the Devs just want to dumb it down, by making archer teams too strong.  Instead of playing great strategy games, we just end up with point and click gaming.  There, that should be the end of my rant.... for now.
Because ranger attack multiple times...
Even miracle doesn't help much when you fight highly talented ranger team.

Desperation should be changed to 'add 75% of mag to def when HP is under 30%' so mag can serve as something like mana shield.
Attunement should also be reworked, either transfering ATK to MAG or ATK to DEF.

Rangers are Like the golden child of this game while Mystics and Healer are the step-child.... Sad.

Sonny6166

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:56 pm

Because ranger attack multiple times...
Even miracle doesn't help much when you fight highly talented ranger team.

Desperation should be changed to 'add 75% of mag to def when HP is under 30%' so mag can serve as something like mana shield.
Attunement should also be reworked, either transfering ATK to MAG or ATK to DEF.

Rangers are Like the golden child of this game while Mystics and Healer are the step-child.... Sad.
For so long, they don't seems like taking care of this issue... I don't see any news about rework and making improvement. I guess we just have to play archer and guardian and ignore mystic...

Silmeria

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:36 pm

How long this 'beta' period will be?
I'm concerned about my talent investment in case there are talent balancing.

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator
Topic Author

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:01 pm

What I can tease is that... You will have ways to get more Talent Points daily in the future :)

whodahackii

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 pm

What I can tease is that... You will have ways to get more Talent Points daily in the future :)
You know what, I trashed about this statement with the Bazaar Only or Ladder Top 100 only reward.
but then I noticed the word DAILY, so does this mean this is a Freebies for everyone to advanced in Talent Tree?
Like doing a quest daily will give a free 5% or 10% fodder (like the Enhance Kit or Phoenix Hatchling)
Point 1 : Yea i know it will not be grand, but who else premium summon EVERY DAY just to burn all 3* into 5%.
Point 2 : Dev never said it is 5% only, it was all my guess.
Finally, thank you for this Tease. I really do!

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator
Topic Author

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:15 pm

Did I say the word Daily??!?! Oh no....

Just kidding. YES DAILY.