MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator
Topic Author

Talent Tree Feedback and Suggestions

Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:57 pm

What’s up everyone! Let’s talk Talent Tree!

First of all, a quick introduction to using the Talent tree! You are able to fuse 3*, 4* and 5* units into your Hero to help them gain Talent Points. Using units with the same name will grant bonus talent fusion %!

100% from 3*, 200% from 4* and 300% from 5*!

(And no, don’t try Mecha Drake with Drake)

We have been using the term MLB for far too long! But what about MTT? ;) Which hero will you MTT first? MiloD here to break down the eight different skills for the six different classes for easy viewing!

In case you guys haven’t gotten the chance to figure out the different skills for the classes, this should give everyone a clearer picture!

What do you guys think? What are your recommendations and feedback for this new feature?

Do remember that Talent Tree is currently in beta phase and will only cost 1000 gold to reset and play around!

Cheers!

Silmeria

Re: Talent Tree Feedback and Suggestions

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:17 pm

The talent tree is nice :D
It's a nice addition to the game, but there's some problems imo

1. The cost is too high.
You need too much hero to maximize the talent point. This made the gap between the paying players and not paying players wider and made pvp a battle between who has more money.
The solution would be to increase the base talent bonus from fodder to 2x or 1.5x.
I also have suggestion that each hero should have 3 base talent points (1 from the start, 1 gained by training to +1, and the last 1 from training to +2). 1 base talent points is too low imo. Another idea is that heroes gain 1 talent point from limit breaking. So heroes will have 5 talent point at max limit break.

2. The bonus magical damage in the mystic and healer class should come from Mag, not Atk.

Other than that I have no complain.
Keep going, guys !

Genez
Official Member
Official Member

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:54 pm

The talent tree is nice :D
It's a nice addition to the game, but there's some problems imo

1. The cost is too high.
You need too much hero to maximize the talent point. This made the gap between the paying players and not paying players wider and made pvp a battle between who has more money.
The solution would be to increase the base talent bonus from fodder to 2x or 1.5x.
I also have suggestion that each hero should have 3 base talent points (1 from the start, 1 gained by training to +1, and the last 1 from training to +2). 1 base talent points is too low imo. Another idea is that heroes gain 1 talent point from limit breaking. So heroes will have 5 talent point at max limit break.

2. The bonus magical damage in the mystic and healer class should come from Mag, not Atk.

Other than that I have no complain.
Keep going, guys !
+1 to this
In addition, is it possible that same unit on the same job path(ex. Hunter or Marksman path)share the same Talent point pool? Making all hero cost too much for F2P or even a dolphin like me :v

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Im most excited to see Spirit Walkers Matilda and Luthor with Weapon Mastery!! They will look like long range shadows! 

General observations:
-I think mystics will straightforward go for the Skill Overdrive branch for maximum damage output. However, I'm also seeing possibility of a defensive/High HP Mystics to dominate the arena!
-Most people would build their champs/rangers/shadows through the weapon mastery branch for added ATK but then again, squishy characters might have the chance to survive in the arena with the Desperation tree.
-Guardians might have the choice to further improve their toughness through the Survival and Fortification branches or be a converted offensive tanks through Weapon Mastery or Enchantment branches
- I'm seeing tougher Healers as the trend now goes with building high HP/Def since shields are better than the usual Heal.
- I'm having second thoughts with the Resistance skill tree as resistance runes/equip can do the job.
-Attunement seems to be unclear. Does "transfer" mean that the base stats would be lost then added to the target stat or a percentage would be added to the target stat without losing some of the base stats?

My personal suggestions:

1.) Improvement on Desperation such as shadows casting poison on enemies, rangers casting misdirect, or other skills rather than having a boosted stat/HP Shield.
2.) Weapon mastery on mystics could have a Burn effect rather than the obstruction penalty.
3.) Change that "Resistance" skill tree to branch that can offer other utility such as refresh, chance to double attack, etc.
4.) RESERVED FOR EDITING LATER
Last edited by Ferico on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Krutz

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Agree that it is costly.

I hope ranger has the mystic weapon mastery instead bcoz that suits what they do, but it will probably break the game AGAIN.
Guardian to get the least damage reduction for survival is also a dissappoinment.

May i know how does the attunement works?
Did it decrease the 1st stat to trnasfer it into the 2nd stat?

Hope there will be more variety for fortification instead of everyone defend and heal.

Justinlyz
Official Member
Official Member

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:09 pm

I've used attunement and I think it's incredible for Rangers.

The MAG switch to Crit has allowed me to turn a Hera archer into Ares (MTT Cybella) and still get almost max crit.

Btw, you will lose the stat that you transfer from.

ashenwind

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Copy pasting my post from the other thread, since this one is the official thread :lol:

After some discussing with my guildsmates concerning the talent system, we came into conclusion that some heroes might profit more in using talent system more than limit break. Some heroes like Drake who can ignore the growth of other stats outside of his attack will benefit more in using copies of himself to raise talent points rather than be used to limit break.

A max limit break Dragoon Drake with Ares faith has 5585 base attack, while a +2 lvl 30 and fully trained Drake has 4509 base attack (source: VF gallery)
That means Drake gains around 1k base attack from sacrificing 5 copies of himself to reach max limit break.

In contrast, using 5 copies of 5* Dragoon Drake to fuel talent tree will garner us 20 talent points. There are 16 nodes in the talent tree that adds base attack only. Each nodes on attack talent tree gives 125 base attack. Which mean it will give us 2000 base attack, plus extra 5 talent points (4 + 1 free talent point we get from max train and level +2 hero) that we can freely use on anything else (increasing secondary damage from Dragoon's pierce attack, or maybe to other stat path), at the same cost needed to Max Limit Break Dragoon Drake.

Dragoon Drake being the core member of SDD team that can continuously deal attack trigger damage right from the start  may ditch defense and hp stat because if everything went well, enemy won't even have the chance to attack at all.

Other heroes that can benefit well from talent tree more than limit breaking also include: Victoria CK (pumping Defense for extreme amount of survivability and more benefit from her aura), all Sharpshooters (because they generally scale well with higher attack stat), Nadia (all of her classes), all shadows that can take kensei path (kensei paths tend to scale on attack more than crit. One talent skill can convert base crit into attack. And to reach that node, we have to get past several nodes of attack tree, which translates to more attack), Vincent Gladiator (you'd want to pump his attack anyway in order to toughen his hp shield and benefit more from his aura), Sven (berserker wyvern's stat scales from his attack. Also being part of trigger team which makes counter attack from enemies less worrisome).

For now that's all the heroes I can think about. Feel free to add more into the list if you find any worthy addition

As for suggestion, I think I'll stay to my thought on other thread: make 1-2* heroes/units available to be used as talent tree fodder.

Keep up the good work!

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:21 pm

The MAG switch to Crit has allowed me to turn a Hera archer into Ares (MTT Cybella) and still get almost max crit.

Oh god, I really wish it was just added and not lost. That lost MAG could mean a difference in receiving magical attacks/skills.

ashenwind

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Justin, do we need to get past the HP talent trees in order to get Atunement? Was wondering if we can get it just from raising attack trees.

Justinlyz
Official Member
Official Member

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:52 pm

You can go down ATK path!

As long as one of the paths lead to the end point, it works. Amazing!

My Archer can max ATK main and 2 side skills. Sadly, I can't pump the raw MAG to attune more. 

Agree with Ferico that if it's added it's pretty cool. But that's kinda straightforward then.. This has risk involved. I still love it!