Justinlyz
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Mystic is still the worst class in the game.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:49 pm

So what's bad about Taegen and Zoey?

EDIT: and Emilia, and Valerie?

If you think Zedd needs some buffing, then maybe you should be championing for all old heroes rather than lumping the "Mystic, Healer" stuff and still saying they are bad. The few that they've released so far have been great. I mean, please open your eyes to Arathos top 50.
Last edited by Justinlyz on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justinlyz
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:54 pm

Looking at zoey, I think every mystics (and healers) should have 'on spawn skill' specific to their classes.

Mind warder : increase cooldown of all enemies by 1 turn
(Because all other classes don't need earlier cooldown! So all Shadows should prolly get on spawn stealth and on spawn swap :D)
Rune Magus :  15% def buff to all allies based on mag for 2 turns
(A bonus persistent for 2 turns wow, which cleans resilience)
Elementalist : Cast tile burn damage by 35% of mag to all enemies for 2 turns
(WOW this helps to clean resilience too!)
Warlock :  Cast poison damage by 25% of mag to all enemies for 3 turns
(Sweet, let's add bleed too)

Archbishop : Heal all allies by 20% of mag for 3 turns
(Nice, now let's get rid of that resilience. Double heal from turn 1! Heal trigger anyone?)
Inquisitor : Reduce incoming damage received by all allies by 15% for 2 turns
(This is probably the only one that looks ok)
Spiritwalker : Reduce cooldown of others in aura by 1 turn
(Oh this is not too bad also)
Witch Doctor : Poison enemies by 20% of mag for 3 turns and leech 100% of damage to heal all allies
(So nobody dies for 3 turns woohoo! BUT WHY U MAKE WD MORE OP THAN WARLOCK. SO UNBALANCED. MAKE MYSTICS GREAT AGAIN)

Why? To counter resilience because guardians are already OP with 30% swap/knockback resist and you can always use another resilience rune to resist it. As for healers, they can finally support/heal the team from turn 1.
(Yeah man natural 30% resist yknow!)
(And yeah man all my persistent healers are trash)

Anyway, it's almost 2 months from when this thread started, developers should at least have an idea about how to work on mystics and healers... Don't let us down :D
I really hope the devs don't follow your ideas.

Silmeria

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:31 am

Looking at zoey, I think every mystics (and healers) should have 'on spawn skill' specific to their classes.

Mind warder : increase cooldown of all enemies by 1 turn
(Because all other classes don't need earlier cooldown! So all Shadows should prolly get on spawn stealth and on spawn swap :D)
Rune Magus :  15% def buff to all allies based on mag for 2 turns
(A bonus persistent for 2 turns wow, which cleans resilience)
Elementalist : Cast tile burn damage by 35% of mag to all enemies for 2 turns
(WOW this helps to clean resilience too!)
Warlock :  Cast poison damage by 25% of mag to all enemies for 3 turns
(Sweet, let's add bleed too)

Archbishop : Heal all allies by 20% of mag for 3 turns
(Nice, now let's get rid of that resilience. Double heal from turn 1! Heal trigger anyone?)
Inquisitor : Reduce incoming damage received by all allies by 15% for 2 turns
(This is probably the only one that looks ok)
Spiritwalker : Reduce cooldown of others in aura by 1 turn
(Oh this is not too bad also)
Witch Doctor : Poison enemies by 20% of mag for 3 turns and leech 100% of damage to heal all allies
(So nobody dies for 3 turns woohoo! BUT WHY U MAKE WD MORE OP THAN WARLOCK. SO UNBALANCED. MAKE MYSTICS GREAT AGAIN)

Why? To counter resilience because guardians are already OP with 30% swap/knockback resist and you can always use another resilience rune to resist it. As for healers, they can finally support/heal the team from turn 1.
(Yeah man natural 30% resist yknow!)
(And yeah man all my persistent healers are trash)

Anyway, it's almost 2 months from when this thread started, developers should at least have an idea about how to work on mystics and healers... Don't let us down :D
I really hope the devs don't follow your ideas.
Bruh, do you even calculate?
First of all, of course not all class will cleanse resilience, if all skill cleanse resilience there won't be any diversity on classes.
I don't get what you mean on the Mind Warder part so I'll just skip. if only you write like a normal human being and not in sarcasm maybe I can understand.
Rune Magus' 15% def only last 2 turns which will only be good against rangers, by the time skills are not on cooldown, the buff is already gone. This buff will also be decent on PvE.
Elementalist's will bypass resilience, which renders resilience useless, but not for normal skill. Resilience would still help but will not be as powerful as before.
Bleed? What does it have to do with poison? Am I thinking too far? Or are you thinking too far?

Heal trigger might be a problem, but do you actually see anyone with a decent heal trigger team owning arena? healers don't have base high atk anyway, and in order to have high atk you would need to spend investment on her/him. Just like... I don't know... Rangers?
Okay, let's calculate rather than objecting other's ideas with unhelpful statements. Let's say a witch doctor has 10.000 mag. 20% of it is only 2000 which if you decrease with 1000 mag (and also def reduction) it's only 1000 damage. You must remember that healing is halved in arena so it's only 500 healing. Which part of it is actually more OP than warlock ? I wonder.

Now do you see any Taegen in everglades top players? I can only see one. While Zoey is different because she is valiant's evil counterpart. Then again you can make crit debuff and poison/tile damage as one instance of skill so it will only remove one layer of resilience.
Every hero needs a talent to maximize their potential. And the matchmaking In arena will match you with people with similar talent investments (survival of the fittest). But let's calculate the final result, guardians > mystics, because of the talent resistance, Guardians can own the tile easily with this talent. While mystics need to wait to cast a skill every 6 turns. I actually calculate rather than making assumptions.

These buffs also make mystic and healer slightly better in PvE imo.

I've given my ideas throughout the past 2 months.
Do you actually give any idea how to improve the game? I can only see sarcasm.

Vincyblue

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:49 pm

Just want to keep this thread going...

A CALL FOR JUSTICE FOR THE MYSTICS

Let me speak the unspoken: Mystics, in all respects are still underpowred.

It was great to see Kiera getting revamped but still aint enuf.
It is entirely impossible for them to shine at higher arena (expert up). Just waiting for their CD already made them dead or already gave the enemy tile control guardian team 40+ arena points.
They are too squishy, often 1-shot KO by any phyical arena hero. What is expected of them is to dish out huge nuke damage when they manage to survive until their skills are ready. But do they? There is a great imbalance primarily among mystics and guardian mechanics.
It is so hard to invest in a Mystic. Unlike Champions wherein you can escalate their attack easily from set bonuses and individual item stats, getting a mystic's MAG stat above the 10k mark is a pain in the ass.

Okay so lets say that you put lots of resources into a mystic and is able to attain a huge MAG stat (around >10k). Then what happens?
The release of countless accessible sources of resilience (Perci set, rune, TP) have hurt Mystics so much. Not considering guardians who have innate resistance to spells. Both their garguantan def stats and considerable MAG stat both mitigate damage from spells. (unlike from physical damage only their def stats reduces damage)

As of the current arena META the path is clear, Mystics will never shine.

Well Zoey is great (3 turn cooldown, wtf), but who have Zoey??? All the other mystics have more than 5 turn cooldown. By that time they would already be dead or the enemy Faye already have her shield ready.

Aside from dealing nuke damage or doing crowd control stuff(which they cant, due to arena mechanics. Resilience, high CD, squishy stats), what are mystics good at? Well they aren't picked at PVE because well you know why. Their normal attacks are mehhh.
Archers and shadows are squishy too, but see what they can do. Archers can combine to create a trigger team. Shadows have incredibly low CD, they can stealth, swap or break formation so fast. Additonally their normal attacks are incredible.

So we come to the question, Is it worth it raising mystics? The current answer will be NO (unless you have $$$$$ to TP them and equip them to OPness). But even high stat mystic does little to no efficiency to high rank guardian teams. They aint good at PVE, so we expect them to be good at PVP but they are mehhhh too squishy, too long CD, resisted too many times.

I just wish and hope that a game-changing meta would get mystics back in the game. Its quite boring to see the same arena meta over and over again. -_-

-from a frustrated mystic user
#makemysticsgreatagain

ashenwind

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Just want to keep this thread going...

A CALL FOR JUSTICE FOR THE MYSTICS

Let me speak the unspoken: Mystics, in all respects are still underpowred.

It was great to see Kiera getting revamped but still aint enuf.
It is entirely impossible for them to shine at higher arena (expert up). Just waiting for their CD already made them dead or already gave the enemy tile control guardian team 40+ arena points.
They are too squishy, often 1-shot KO by any phyical arena hero. What is expected of them is to dish out huge nuke damage when they manage to survive until their skills are ready. But do they? There is a great imbalance primarily among mystics and guardian mechanics.
It is so hard to invest in a Mystic. Unlike Champions wherein you can escalate their attack easily from set bonuses and individual item stats, getting a mystic's MAG stat above the 10k mark is a pain in the ass.

Okay so lets say that you put lots of resources into a mystic and is able to attain a huge MAG stat (around >10k). Then what happens?
The release of countless accessible sources of resilience (Perci set, rune, TP) have hurt Mystics so much. Not considering guardians who have innate resistance to spells. Both their garguantan def stats and considerable MAG stat both mitigate damage from spells. (unlike from physical damage only their def stats reduces damage)

As of the current arena META the path is clear, Mystics will never shine.

Well Zoey is great (3 turn cooldown, wtf), but who have Zoey??? All the other mystics have more than 5 turn cooldown. By that time they would already be dead or the enemy Faye already have her shield ready.

Aside from dealing nuke damage or doing crowd control stuff(which they cant, due to arena mechanics. Resilience, high CD, squishy stats), what are mystics good at? Well they aren't picked at PVE because well you know why. Their normal attacks are mehhh.
Archers and shadows are squishy too, but see what they can do. Archers can combine to create a trigger team. Shadows have incredibly low CD, they can stealth, swap or break formation so fast. Additonally their normal attacks are incredible.

So we come to the question, Is it worth it raising mystics? The current answer will be NO (unless you have $$$$$ to TP them and equip them to OPness). But even high stat mystic does little to no efficiency to high rank guardian teams. They aint good at PVE, so we expect them to be good at PVP but they are mehhhh too squishy, too long CD, resisted too many times.

I just wish and hope that a game-changing meta would get mystics back in the game. Its quite boring to see the same arena meta over and over again. -_-

-from a frustrated mystic user
#makemysticsgreatagain
I suppose you haven't met Taegen yet :lol:
But yeah, other than him and Zoey, it's kinda hard to consider mystic as a whole a good class. They are decent, but still not good overall.

duskaco
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:17 am

Random Lewild Suggestions

Spell Breaker
Basic Attack - Hit a target with 100% MAG(physical) and bounce to adjacent targets once. Each bounce deals 20% less damage (100,80,64...)
Shield - Uses 15% of MAG as additional DEF. (Ever heard of magic shields? Values may have to be tweaked, but the concept is that you add some MAG to your overwhelmingly lacking DEF)

MW/RM 
Normal Attack - Hit a target with 100% MAG(physical) and bounce to adjacent targets 3 times. Each bounce deals 20% less damage. 
Shield - Uses 25% of MAG as additional DEF. (Values may have to be tweaked)
Critical Attack - Bounce damage reduction is removed. Changes damage type to magical for primary target. 

Invoker 
Standard Attack - Strike the primary target for 100% of hero's MAG(physical), then all directly adjacent targets for 25% of her's MAG(physical)
Energy Shield - Starts battle with a Energy Shield equal to 30% of hero's MAG. If shield is less than 30% of hero's MAG at the beginning of the turn, gain shields up to 10% of hero's MAG, to a max of 30% of hero's MAG. (A little lazy to explain how this will work. Basically, Invokers gain more max hp that recovers automatically, but do not have the damage reduction Spell Breaker gets)

Elementalist/Warlock
Regular Attack - Strike the primary target for 100% of hero's MAG(physical), then all directly adjacent targets for 50% of her's MAG(physical)
Energy Shield - Starts battle with a Energy Shield equal to 50% of hero's MAG. If shield is less than 50% of hero's MAG at the beginning of the turn, gain shields up to 15% of hero's MAG, to a max of 50% of hero's MAG. 
Critical Attack - Damage type for all targets change to magical. Ignore backline damage reduction. 

Staff - Change the stat of staves from ATK to MAG. 

(That being said, something for healers too)
(Apply the ATK to MAG change for all Healer classes too, but no need to change their single target property). 
(Priest - Priority Cover - Reduces damage taken by 20/40% as long as unit is not in front line)
(Sage - Spirit Barrier - Every hit dealt to user deals 10/15% of hero's MAG less damage)

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:23 pm

Hmmm the current idea VF had to "fix" or "improve" mystics/healers was to have a mechanics that is based on their ATK (MW Taegen is a battle mage and some healers have attack triggers when healed)

So we are now heading to the direction where every one is now based on ATK and not creative skill effects. Damn healers and mystics having ripped abs and bicep flexes are not the ideas I had on top of my mind to buff them.

EDIT: From my observation from other MMORPGS, magicians tend to be nukers with high damage in cost of either large Mana/MP or high skill cooldown and VF seems to think that way too. Why dont we think the other way around? The problem still lies to the fact that mystics are literally useless in the first 5-6 turns before they nuke their skill on the 6th -7th turn. If we can make them have low CDs like 1-3 turns but with marginally lower skill damage, then they will be the real SKILL-based heroes in VF.

Example:
(Current) Kiera Elementalist Skill (6 Turn Cooldown) - Damage based on 180% MAG, 100% MAG burn for 2 turns, and 50% chance to stun enemies for 1 turn.
(Suggested) Kiera Elementalist Skill (2 Turn Cooldown) - Damage based on 60% MAG, 33% MAG burn for 1 turn, and 50% chance to stun enemies for 1 turn

Doesn't it make mystics more viable? It will still have the damage output of a 6 Turn skill. It is just divided for 3 skill usage. That's a magician for you - cast and cast and cast!

Vincyblue

Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:01 am

Is this thread already dead? Its been two months and we've been seeing little progress. Zoey was released with the OP on spawn skill that pops resilience but still no fix on genesis mystic mechanics, even Kiera too.

Silmeria

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:36 am

It's still alive... Although I have no good idea ATM aside of those I've mentioned.
MiloD replied one time saying it's not easy to revamp mystics but developers do plan to.
Idk when or whether the idea was scrapped or they're thinking of something.

Silmeria

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Bump.
3months have passed and I still don't see any improvement for at least kiera.
Are they abandoned forever?