Sonny6166
Topic Author

Hero Re-balance request

Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:03 pm

Please balanced out the hero.....  

(im so sorry to be this salty and rude but.....)
I hope to see usable mystic and healer in both pvp and pve and not just the same old archer and guardian meta.

Before summoner meta, all i see was archer team.

After summoner came to play, the meta was sven, guardian, archer and talisa meta.

after valiant rework. the meta is archer and guardian again....
Do we really have to repeat this cancerous cycle that only the SAME formation in PVP again and again?

Is like facing the same team with different names.

I still don't understand that the last hero change log purpose?
https://forum.playvaliantforce.com/view ... =26&t=4075

isn't that suppose to balanced out heroes and also letting we player try out NEW formation?

well? even in new server, the top tier pvp team is still archer team.....

so turn out this to be a ARCHER force huh...
Some might say that, archer requires more time and resource to make full use of them....

WELL, building mystic is harder than building archer!
They're soft, they are weak in atk and def, most importantly they deal lower dmg than archer....

JUST instead of REDUCING THE CD,

why not design new skills set for them?

well, balanced zedd is so balanced you will never meet him in arena.

TL:DR:

IF HERO AREN'T BALANCED, CALL IT ARCHER FORCE

Nekonase
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Hero Re-balance request

Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:26 am

I don't see the need to re-balance the heroes again since it's not the underlying issue that is causing the problem.

To me, the main problem is the inflexibility of changing the lineup due to the mass amount of resources that needs to be invested to make any unit useful. It takes months to fully train a unit, get its aura and faith right, fill up its talent tree, and upgrade the equipment and runes. And this needs to be repeated for a few more units.
So for player who are invested in archer team, it's hard for them to switch to a mystic team straight away after the re-balance is made. More time (around 1 years) have to be given to see the effect of the re-balance.

And to be honest, I faced quite a lot of guardian+mystic+priest team at my arena bracket (expert 3). This is likely because players of my bracket are not too invested in any unit so we have more flexibility of changing our lineup than players in upper brackets.

As for PVE, situation is changing. If the developers continues to throw in 'crit down', archer will lose its usefulness in event and players will have to switch for priest or mystic.

ashenwind

Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:34 am

The crit down isn't that affecting archers actually. What I really like about current Dimensional Gate event is that Eliza will stun every single party members if she is attack triggered too many times (even when she's disabled by CC effect). :lol:

Anyway, back at talent tree feedback thread I made a suggestion about imparting more use to the defending command.
Mystic: Reduce skill cooldown when defending (Talent tree Fortification skill may improve the reduce cooldown effect)
Guardian: Cast misdirection on self while defending
Healer: same as Mystic, but Talent tree does not improve the reduce cooldown
Shadow: gain 15% dodge while defending (Talent tree may improve dodge chance)
Champion: gain 15% reflect damage while defending.(Talent tree may improve reflect damage rate. Paladins will still have best reflect damage rate.)
Archer: gain stealth while defending.

All the additions shouldn't affect arena so much as you'd want all members to do another act instead of defending. What do you guys think?

Otherwise, I think limiting a trigger type character to be only able to activate their aura once or twice per turn will suffice to make every other heroes that has good persistence aura, slower dps capability, and non-dps alike to see some use, as well as adding more strategic value to the game instead of just building trigger team, attack once, see them trigger like crazy until boss die, repeat  the attack if boss has not die from first barrage.

Or just apply the current dimensional gate boss' auto stun after several attack trigger to all big bosses in the future. :lol: (though I suppose that'll felt like some lazy but quick fix)

Munilet

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:43 am

Mystic and other Hero have a chance to shine in the Abyssal Gate..
Hmm, nice move Developers!

whodahackii

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:45 am

I actually use Ronan Mind Wanderer for his FOUR COUNTDOWN increase, and Lucille's Blessing of the Sun for EVERY single battle against Eliza since lv35 xD
maybe i'm weak, but these two 'soft' heroes helped me clear them in breeze, only downside = have to skip 6 turns in Stage 1 so i can use Berserker's skill on the Jailer.

whodahackii

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:51 am

The crit down isn't that affecting archers actually. What I really like about current Dimensional Gate event is that Eliza will stun every single party members if she is attack triggered too many times (even when she's disabled by CC effect). :lol:

Anyway, back at talent tree feedback thread I made a suggestion about imparting more use to the defending command.
Mystic: Reduce skill cooldown when defending (Talent tree Fortification skill may improve the reduce cooldown effect)
Champion: gain 15% reflect damage while defending.(Talent tree may improve reflect damage rate. Paladins will still have best reflect damage rate.)

All the additions shouldn't affect arena so much as you'd want all members to do another act instead of defending. What do you guys think?

Otherwise, I think limiting a trigger type character to be only able to activate their aura once or twice per turn will suffice to make every other heroes that has good persistence aura, slower dps capability, and non-dps alike to see some use, as well as adding more strategic value to the game instead of just building trigger team, attack once, see them trigger like crazy until boss die, repeat  the attack if boss has not die from first barrage.

Or just apply the current dimensional gate boss' auto stun after several attack trigger to all big bosses in the future. :lol: (though I suppose that'll felt like some lazy but quick fix)
**Intended to direct at Developers**
From what Ashenwind said, I need to point out my opinion on this, not against him, just on point.
The problem now is that the so-called infinite trigger (which ends in finite number, but still trigger many times before failing).
If Dev is really going to 'nerf hammer' the trigger aura for Rangers, I guess, the OVERALL difficulty in THIS WHOLE GAME have to be tweaked lower abit.
As of now, the Whole High HP bosses, including Raid, and Tower of lost soul (lv35 and up) is a freaking 'Ranger Trigger' power check, without them Kanes and Cybellas (hey there Gwen, welcome to the club), you LITERALLY lose the game.
TL:DR : if want to adjust the ranger trigger times (not percentage rate, but the total trigger CAP), please also adjust the difficulty levels throughout the game.

Nekonase
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:21 am

I was quite surprised by the aoe stun on my team when it happened. I stunned Eliza with pot beforehand yet it still occurred. Totally caught off-guard.

ashenwind

Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:09 pm

I was quite surprised by the aoe stun on my team when it happened. I stunned Eliza with pot beforehand yet it still occurred. Totally caught off-guard.
I know right? Was also quite surprised when she did the trick on my team when I attempted the fight using Drake SDD team.

Well, I did finished up to lvl48 Eliza using SDD based team with Freya berserker as main dps. Just have to stall on first wave so I can use Freya's super attack buff on boss wave, and hope Kahuna trigger Freya to kill Eliza before the stun appear, as well as the two lifesteal heroes' attack to make Freya trigger herself should Kahuna's trigger was cut short before Eliza dies. It's plenty easy to stall for skill on wave one since the Jailer deal less than 100 damage to my heroes :lol:
**Intended to direct at Developers**
From what Ashenwind said, I need to point out my opinion on this, not against him, just on point.
The problem now is that the so-called infinite trigger (which ends in finite number, but still trigger many times before failing).
If Dev is really going to 'nerf hammer' the trigger aura for Rangers, I guess, the OVERALL difficulty in THIS WHOLE GAME have to be tweaked lower abit.
As of now, the Whole High HP bosses, including Raid, and Tower of lost soul (lv35 and up) is a freaking 'Ranger Trigger' power check, without them Kanes and Cybellas (hey there Gwen, welcome to the club), you LITERALLY lose the game.
TL:DR : if want to adjust the ranger trigger times (not percentage rate, but the total trigger CAP), please also adjust the difficulty levels throughout the game.

I must agree. Tower of Lost Soul (even as early as floor 30) is indeed about how often the rangers can triggers. D:<

As for reducing trigger activation per turn cap, I do know that it will also amount to massive adjustment on enemies we will encounter on PVE stages. That, I also know will require quite a lot of time (seeing that it took a little over a month to get raid bosses to be at the current level of difficulty). Which is why I also noted about the alternative path that is easier, albeit kinda feel like a lazy man's answer (even if it's pretty creative in its' own right) to the whole problem: this event's stun punishment when our team over-triggered the enemy.

However, even if all future enemies or bosses have this 'over-trigger punishment' feature on, they do still need to adjust their skill cd accordingly. Or make the wave(s) before boss fight to be more bearable even without too much trigger.

But the way I see it, something really must be done in order to address the problem. Even if it takes a while for adjusting.

I can confidently say that some of us players will still be here to help bring the game to a better way. Though of course too much waiting will still kill us.. :lol:

Sonny6166
Topic Author

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Sorry... But just because mystic is maybe usable in eliza quest doesn't make things balanced..... You guys are just avoiding master event quest and tower of lost soul lvl 40 and above...

Sonny6166
Topic Author

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:21 pm

I don't see the need to re-balance the heroes again since it's not the underlying issue that is causing the problem.

To me, the main problem is the inflexibility of changing the lineup due to the mass amount of resources that needs to be invested to make any unit useful. It takes months to fully train a unit, get its aura and faith right, fill up its talent tree, and upgrade the equipment and runes. And this needs to be repeated for a few more units.
So for player who are invested in archer team, it's hard for them to switch to a mystic team straight away after the re-balance is made. More time (around 1 years) have to be given to see the effect of the re-balance.

And to be honest, I faced quite a lot of guardian+mystic+priest team at my arena bracket (expert 3). This is likely because players of my bracket are not too invested in any unit so we have more flexibility of changing our lineup than players in upper brackets.

As for PVE, situation is changing. If the developers continues to throw in 'crit down', archer will lose its usefulness in event and players will have to switch for priest or mystic.
wait what.... you said there were no need of hero re-balanced.....
 did you just agree that ZEDD rework was well balanced? and ok to use him.... JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION, even MLB ronan got easily killed in arena with 3 protection. Do you get my point? I am not complaining that archer is killing everyone.... this only thing im not ok with is the DMG that mystic can deal....  instead of using trigger team to clear story quest. THERE are no other option you can use. CAUSE MYSTIC OFTEN GOT ONE SHOT and their CD is too long.
Is either they rework the skills or we bench mystic.