angelohh17
Topic Author

Trading and/or Gifting Equipment

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:01 am

I think it would be really interesting to be able to trade and/or gift equipment. I'm in a pretty casual guild and I think it would be nice if I could gift extra sets, i.e. the Red Baron equipment, to some of the less geared members. I understand a system of this type would be prone to abuse, but certain freebie things could be made "non-trade". 

From the developer perspective, this might be counterproductive to your business model. If people can get free stuff they might be less inclined to buy gems and gear, but one could impose a small gem fee (around 25 gems the cost of a 3-5* equipment ticket?) to offset this. 

What do you guys think? Doing too much?

ashenwind

Re: Trading and/or Gifting Equipment

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:35 am

It's not actually too much. Some players will definitely want this kind of function to exist.

Just that trading/gifting items from our own inventory run the risk to make hacking into our account (which is possible) then trade/gift the content of inventory to other account, or making use cheat to clear contents then send the item acquired to other save account to be a profitable things to do.

There is also that function in older games where we can send one item from a preset list as a gift to our friend, but this also raise the possibility of someone running multiple accounts to abuse this.

All in all, I think it's a bit early to implement such feature yet. After all, VF still has lots of things to do when it comes to in-game communication.

But yeah, imposing some fee to do this is a good idea as well as a sort of limiter to avoid abuse.

angelohh17
Topic Author

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:44 am

Those are definitely valid concerns. I wonder if it would be possible to dissuade some of those attempts by making things you've equipped and/or enhanced permanently attuned to the account. So they only things you could trade/gift are things that dropped from monsters/crafted.

But you're right there are plenty of other things they could work on to improve the state of the game.

Silmeria

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:51 am

One thing to note is that this will encourage account selling, since you can get multiple copies of prestige items. Just saying, I'm not against nor supporting.

angelohh17
Topic Author

Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:57 am

Something like that could easily be addressed by making those prestige items non-trade.