whodahackii
Topic Author

August 17th - Shadows of Betrayal's Carnival Mechanic

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:44 am

Hi there, I know a lot is not unfamiliar with town building : Wishing Well, where when maxed, a player can have a free spin for incredible loots, or just a few thousands of gold. This event here has also implemented a Event Gimmick which needs player to spend energy to beat the guardian, then spend even more tokens to spin 3 times, and every 12 hours player may choose to attempt again.

The basics of Carnival:
Carnival 1 (right side) - requires 10 Energy to attempt the boss, after winning need 180 Tokens to Spin 3 times (60 token each)
Carnival 2 (left side) - requires 15 Energy to attempt the boss, after winning need 180 Tokens to Spin 3 times (60 token each)

The question here is, the Dev want player to spin more in the carnival or just horde all the tokens for Event Bazaar? As I cannot see the clear intention of the Dev clearly.
Outside of Ladder, some player may not have enough time to attempt the event achievement while still hope to enjoy this event's mechanic. But the energy and token requirement, really beats us down to it.

Inside of Ladder, most player might not want to waste their precious energy on this, as you need at least 10 energy for 3 times only, or go 50 energy for both carnival, twice per day.
Then spend another 720 tokens for total of 12 spins.

My suggestion is:
1) Lower the energy to 5 or less (optimally I hope it's actually free like the Dungeon Key, which reset by the countdown)
2) Lower the Token needed to spin the wheel (optimally I hope it's around 1 normal stage worth or half of Master stage)
Because it is 60 tokens per spin, while Legendary and Master stages give up to 30 & 40 tokens respectively.
(You expected the player to already had spend energy to clear the guardian, AND spend another 75 - 90 energy to gain the 180 tokens)

duskaco
Official Member
Official Member

Re: August 17th - Shadows of Betrayal's Carnival Mechanic

Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:46 am

Basically sums up my review about the carnival. Totally and utterly pointless for a large part of the player base. 

Additional suggestions
1) 10 Energy to challenge. After capture, players unlock the carnival for 6 hours. Players can roll the carnival free twice, then it costs 2^n (n=3,4,5...) (2^n = 8,16,32...) tokens to roll. The carnival will then be reclaimed (by the server/game) in 6 hours. The free carnival rolls as well as the cost resets when the carnival is recaptured (by the player)

or

2) 5 Energy to challenge. After clear, players get 2 free rolls. The carnival will then be reclaimed in 2 hours. 

The first is more... whale friendly. They would at least have somewhere they can burn their tokens on. It is also significantly more usable for everyone. Even new players could capture the normal carnival easily. Furthermore, since it is likely more rewarding than the event quests, this system would actually not be redundant.