Silmeria

Re: A Buff Proposal for support Healers and Mystics

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:38 am

What makes mystic underused is the fact that they're almost useless in PvE.

Their skill cooldown are too long and in the meantime they inflict almost no damage compared to other units usable in PvE.
Some guardians have party shield and taunt/misdirect which makes them usable, but mystics don't. What's funnier is that most of their skill effects are RESISTABLE by bosses which only make them totally useless in high-end PvE.

To make them good, they should be buffed in PvE; because some mystics are already good in PvP.

Some of my suggestions would be :
- Convert some mag stat into atk, so mystics can deal decent damage while waiting for their skill cooldown, if this mechanic breaks the balance for PvP, give another mechanic to cope with mystic's weakness in PvE, like -2 skill cool down per turn in PvE, or give another effect of mag stat (like extra magical damage or % skill effect increase).
- REMOVE RESISTANCE FROM BOSSES, FOR GOD'S SAKE. WHAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING DEBUFFS IF HIGH END BOSSES SIMPLY RESIST ALL DEBUFFS ?
ahem. Resisting stun, sleep and charm is common, but resisting poison, atk/def debuff, and also hex is simply ridiculous.
- Doubles the healing effect in PvE, but lowers the healing to 25% in PvP, so that the current healing effect stays the same in PvP. Also, lower some skill cooldown. 6-7 turn skill cool down is too long, in 7 turn, it's either all allies or all enemies are dead (what's the point of having a healer then? A healer who can't heal is like a dysfunctional society member).

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:50 am

On MAG having a percentage of decreasing physical attack damage (Similar to DEF lowering MAG-based skill), I think it's plausible, probable, and possible. Though, I fear that the already annoying and sturdy Guardian-Mystics Team will dominate further so we wont be able to properly address the widespread of cancer squads. AND I fear that devs will just turn a blind eye on this. We had calls to balance archer squads but they shoved to us new skins and insignias that further strengthen them. On the other hand, I like having a meta shift even for a period of time to see diversity in arena but I guess it's too late for this game as Nightingale has pointed out in his open letter.

Fortheluls

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:18 am

Just going to clear up some common misconceptions on Rangers here-
1) People use them because they are OP - No, people use them because they provide the most bang for buck. Ranger teams can generally be used for PVE and PVP, atlhough they aren't the best at either, SDD teams and guardian+mystic holds the mantle for that. They require relatively little investment to make work- you only need 1 set of eq for PVE and PVP as opposed to a whale who can build both. But hey don't take my word for it, look at the raid and arena leaderboards at the end of every week.
2)Rangers easily reach 18-20k atk- Yes, they might have 1 ranger with 20k attack, but I guarantee you the rest of the squad will be nowhere close to that.
3) Evil eye/Ronin insignia made things worse in arena- These are the things that kept rangers viable. Since the addition of Zoey and less significantly, the Siren insignia, there has been a decline in ranger squads in the upper brackets. People said that Evil eye insignia would make Rangers overpowered- have you seen many new ranger squads in the top 10? or 50 for that matter. Most whales have decked ranger squads but are sticking to guardian/mystic- guess why?
4) Rangers have dominated since the beginning- Ever since summoners came out, rangers have not been on top bar maybe a week or two after summoners got nerfed and people were figuring out what squads to run

Just because rangers are annoying in your bracket, it doesn't mean they are overpowered in general.

Sn1v33
Topic Author

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:33 am

I don't find ranger squads the most annoying(but they're annoying to deal with imo). I'm using a guardian-mystic squad in PvP and ranger squads aren't exactly the hardest counter to my squad. My squad's main counter is Warlock Merlin(hate that bitch to death) and a guardian team. However, I'm still quite certain that ranger squads are the best in general. Yes, they are not the best in PvP but they perform well in that area. In PvE, however, I think they're definitely up there. Therefore, it's safe to fully invest in them because they would serve two purposes. However, I think mystics and healers need some buff to bolster their usage. Most mystics are useless in PvE while their problem for PvP is being bursted down without doing anything. I don't think they need a buff in damage because they do enough. What they need is a sustain buff that increases their survival until their skill is ready to cast. Mystics and MAG healers have great MAG stats but all their other stats are simply bad. It would do them good if their MAG stats were utilized more which is why I was suggesting the MAG stat as a source of physical damage mitigation, akin to how the DEF stat decreases skill damage.

It is also possible to reduce cd of all mysticsand healers to a maximum of 5 turns but nerf their heals and nukes if originally, their skills have >5 turn CD.

To compensate for the guardian-mystic squad that may dominate even further, what if guardians naturally took more damage from skill damage(like make them defensively vulnerable to skill damage)?

Sn1v33
Topic Author

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:51 am

PVE-wise, the devs should just use 75% ATK+75% MAG as their normal attacks. This way, offensive healers won't be affected too much while Mystics and MAG Healers at least can do damage outside of their skills. I fear this might break Taegen into OPness, though. Still, it's easier to nerf one hero than to rework an entire hero class so I think this is possible.

Sn1v33
Topic Author

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:00 am

Would it be OP if mystics and healers decrease their skill CD if they defend(for example, if Ronan defends, his skill CD is reduced by 1 on top of the -1 for turn end) in PvP? What if mystics and healers' CDs are halved in PvE?