Sheryl
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Stop This Stupid Daily Raid

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 pm

The daily raid of Aladdin event gives 500 event token per day, which worth 500/40x15=187.5 energy if you run master and get 40 tokens per run.
This is too good to ignore...
But it is a nightmare for guild management.

Only one key means you have only one chance to hit.
If you don't hit, you don't get the reward. 
If you hit too little, you don't kill the boss in time and you don't get the reward either.
If you hit too hard, you kill the boss in short time and your guildmates don't have a chance to hit and get the reward.
So if you run a guild, you need to make sure everyone hits hard enough so the damage adds up can kill the boss, while also hits little enough so the boss doesn't die before the 35th member hit and kill it.
And you need to make sure of this EVERY DAY for 14 days.
THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!

What makes it worse... the boss have a buff, which appears randomly and reduce 100% damage. 
So when the boss has the buff, it is extremely hard to kill the boss. 
When the boss doesn't have the buff, it takes only one shot to kill the boss since it has no def and only 1.5k hp.
And due to a known bug, the buff appears completely RANDOM.

So you have to organize 35 people to hit in order, not too little so you don't miss the boss, not too hard so you don't kill the boss before the 35th member can hit and kill it.
And you need to make sure every member check whether the boss has the 100% damage reduction buff or not before they hit the boss, EVERY DAY for 14 days.

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!

This stupid raid has lead to a lot of arguments in our guilds. The people who hit first complain about why no one kills the boss, the people hit later complain about why boss died before they hit. When people accidentally killed the boss they complain about why the boss has no buff. When people wasted too many keys and the boss still alive they complain about why boss still have the buff when arms are dead.

My guild is full of complaint about this raid. Because the dev want us to do something IMPOSSIBLE and when we can't do it, everyone SUFFER.

I can imagine...in the office...
BOSS: Our players are united in their guilds, let's do something to make them hate each other! That's fun, isn't it?
DEVS: Yah, that's interesting! How about introducing a daily raid which no guild can run it perfectly?
BOSS: That's a nice idea, I can't wait to see their face!
DEVS: Yah, can't wait to see their face!

-----------Edited 23 Nov--------------

Thanks for all who have replied.

This post means to raise the issue that we DO NOT love the mechanic of this daily raid.

There're things I do love about this raid:
1) By introducing the 100% damage reduction buff, everyone in the guild does similar damage, regardless of their strength. In this way, everyone is important.
2) The milestone reward is nice(as mentioned my MiloD), even those who didn't have the chance to hit the boss doesn't really complain much.
3) There is no ranking, everyone gets the same reward. This makes much more sense than normal guild which we need to compete with our own guild members for MVP, and this is what a guild event should be.
4) It is daily, so even if we missed a boss it is back soon, no need to wait 2 weeks.

But we DO NOT love the mechanic that everyone has only one chance to hit the boss.
As I have noticed, most top guilds use a strategy that let guild members hit the boss first and the officers camp until daily reset to kill the boss.
They do not complain about this because their guildmates never let them down (hence they are top guild).
But for most guilds, it's not that easy to coordinate all members hit the boss in turn while the hp remain is little enough for the camping officers to kill the boss. The risk for someone killing the boss before the camping officers are much high in casual guilds than in the very competitive ones.

We should have given 2 keys per day, so we can tag the boss with one key after reset and kill the boss with another key before next reset. 
By having only 1 key, our officers either risk missing the reward to ensure killing the boss, or risk not killing the boss to ensure tagging it for reward. 

Yes, we can work around the problem...but we cannot pretend this is not a problem... it is... and it needs to be noticed, considered and solved.
Last edited by Sheryl on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kitsuneblue

Re: Stop This Stupid Daily Raid

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:41 pm

I highly doubt the devs sit in their office with big hard ons over how to piss off guild members.
it's all about coordination!
it's really trivial to be honest just get your guild to listen to raid rules.
Never experienced the bug myself but, if you're consistently having it (which i doubt) just message them in game and have them take a look at it 

Munilet

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:44 pm

Well the current Raid will stop in a few days..
Let's hope they didn't bring the current mechanic to the any future Raid..

Munilet

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:45 pm

I highly doubt the devs sit in their office with big hard ons over how to piss off guild members.
it's all about coordination!
it's really trivial to be honest just get your guild to listen to raid rules.
Never experienced the bug myself but, if you're consistently having it (which i doubt) just message them in game and have them take a look at it 
That sound easy to do, but hard to be done..
Trust me..

Miyu
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:12 am

Cassiel

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:01 am

I pretty much agree that this Genie raid sucks a lot. It creates too much burden on players than fun. And what Munilet said, its easier to say 'we need to coordinate' but its tougher task in real action. Stressful.

By creating a raid boss that is not enough to share. Withhold too much to wait for other members (u miss out the kill). Damage too much and Genie dies before the rest can hit. We finally managed it through but no one likes it. 1/3 of members ignore but will always step in if we need a kill.

Also the new reset time is very bad IMHO. Not sure if majority likes it. Its kinda subjective. But US based members dont find it convenient at all.

zWix

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:03 am

The genie raid had one primary limitation: Inconsistency.
A few top guilds in everglades suffered for the first day or two as they were unsure if the shield continued spawning when the left hand died.
This was quickly mitigated with a simple solution, which was executed by a few guilds I know.

1) Have 30 members deal 42 damage to the head. A top guild should not have any issue coordinating the guild, since members are usually active.Don't even bother with the arm, as it is inconsistent
2) 30 members would result in 1260 damage to the head. The last 5 members (usually officers), decide on a set time to kill the boss. 

Did 12 Braves screw up with the inconsistency over the bugging of the left arm's shield? Yes.
But, is it easy to workaround? Yes.

In fact, this raid is easier to track members who are intentionally griefing the guild, or inactive members who don't bother to contribute. I'm not really a fan of the system but I appreciate what it tells me of my guild members

animianacs

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:42 am

i dont find this raid hard at all.. the only thing is you need your guild member to hit it .. and it would wear down quickly.

i am in a guild .. with no communication (no one chats around), but we manage to secure the raid rewards, every single time. It's all in the members consistency.

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi all,

Thank you for your concerns. Apologies for being away as MiloD was down with a serious bout of illness for more than a week. T.T

I would like to say a few things.

1) The Genie Raid boss was meant to be a gift to all players (50% milestone being the huge bonus for all players even if they don't hit the raid.)
2) The final reward was a token congratulations to all players who have contributed and successfully taken down the Genie. Therefore the final reward was the SAME as 50%. There was never any intention to turn this into some power struggle or complaints etc. Thus, we sincerely apologize if we caused any of those.
3) Unintended Bugs. T.T
4) We love our players and thus we always want to create fair game for all, thus we did this Raid for the super low levels and new players to be able to participate as well. After all, anniversary is about inclusion and togetherness. 

From me, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Devs if we caused any grief among your guildies. 

Xinhuan

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:39 pm

The bug:

The boss' left arm casts a -100% damage shield while alive. The bug is that when the left arm is killed, it sometimes still buffs the shield (it shouldn't cast it).

The problem:

Guilds could not reliably plan to "Kill just the left arm to 10% HP, and have 2 last hitters kill the left arm then head", or "Kill both arms, assume the boss will bug, then brute force the head". The first strategy involves dividing 1500 HP among 35 members. The second strategy involves dividing 3500 HP among 35 members, but since the bug is random, you could screw yourself either way.

The solution:

The solution is simple. Avoid the bug by not killing either arm, and just attacking the genie's head directly. This makes the boss 100% predictable. My guild runs the following raid rules:

1) Deal 42 damage towards the head of the boss.  It usually takes 2-3 turns before the damage is done.
2) End turn after that. Your squad will take about 7 ish turns before they all die. We would designate a person to help in boss kill at around 12pm server time.

Basically, at 1.30pm server time (about 30 minutes before the genie resets for the day), I would go in and kill the genie head that has about 100-200 HP remaining, ignoring the 2 arms that are still healthy and alive.

It's alright if some members do more, and some members do less damage, as long as it averages to about 40+ damage per person. Members should be aware that they should do more than usual if they see most people have tagged but the head HP is still high, and do less if head HP is low.

Results: 13 genies so far, all 13 killed with no accidental early kills.
Average Libra participation (Arathos): 30 of 31 members tagged boss daily.
Average Pandemonium participation (Everglades): 24 of 31 members tagged boss daily. (The ones that didn't tag are busy, have exams, or announced quitting the game).
Yes I play on 2 servers.