Zvalmiekloranesh

Re: Cassandra (Assassin) balance?

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:58 am

There is something I don't understand. It seems like Cassy was born from a good intention, to counter ranger trigger team in high ranked matchs, but this kind of team was so powerful that Cassy needed to be OP. And now the only solution to kill her is what she was supposed to counter, because she's too powerful ?
Eh I think you missed the point. Magebane Cass counters trigger teams easily. Hex trigger teams counters Assassin Cass. Different units, different job paths, different counters.
You're right, but I wasn't really easy to understand in what I wrote. Or I wasn't good enough to explain.

What I meant is :

1) Cassandra teams were born (?) to counter the already powerful ranger trigger teams. Or even to counter everything, in fact, depending on her job. They (Cassandras) took the 1st place in arena, and Cass is so powerful now that only few teams are able to compete with her now. (Trigger rangers ?)
2) Not anyone can have her. She's a super premium character.
3) So, she has widen the gap between F2P and P2W players, and Cass is way too powerful for "normal" players to hope for victory. That's why I, or even other people, tell she's OP. And Cassassin is a hell of an opponent just by herself for those players.

You're telling hex trigger counters Cassassin, but what if there is Cassassin, Cassandrane and idk, Cassandraï ? Just play hex trigger ranger team or die ? That's what I meant. I feel like we don't have a choice anymore if we don't have Cassandra ourselves. I hope I'm wrong.

Xinhuan

Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:41 am

Well, I don't think you're wrong. Cass is indeed a very strong hero, and clearly worth every dollar that people have paid for. Cass is also more widespread than Zoey was because the devs added more ways to obtain Cass (shards, and chests with shards, summons with shards, etc), than Zoey (only top 100, and a bundle 3 months later). Perhaps the power of Cass should be toned down a little given that she is much more accessible than Zoey was, even if Zoey was really powerful, there were only a 100 of them while there are probably 300 Cass running around per server right now and you weren't likely to meet Zoeys as much as Cass.

It is possible that 1 of 3 things can happen.

1. Cass gets a slight nerf.
2. A new hero comes out to counter Cass.
3. New arena game modes (capture the flag mentioned in the dev blog) that drastically change what heroes are desirable.

vOnElith

Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:01 am

Hi there,

From a mod (player)'s point of view, I noticed that Cassassin is quite silly in the sense that she doesn't cast her skill as priority if she's unable to lock onto two targets at the same time. I noticed this by accident as I was using a Rhea Dragoon to play around and it caused my team to split into single positions.

What I suggest players can also try is to use heroes like Lancelord, Rhea Dragoon etc. basically heroes with movement capabilities.

Try to rearrange your squad midway through the battle to be in a vertical formations rather than horizontal ones. I think it will prevent Cassassin from casting her skill! :)

*I am not the most up to date with the arena metas btw! So correct me if I'm wrong*
Soooooo, to beat cAss, split your formation, or do a ranger trigger hex team ?

There is something I don't understand. It seems like Cassy was born from a good intention, to counter ranger trigger team in high ranked matchs, but this kind of team was so powerful that Cassy needed to be OP. And now the only solution to kill her is what she was supposed to counter, because she's too powerful ?

Thanks for answering MiloD, but as Sn1v33 said, answer about the valiants rework too. Bring back hybrid teams in the meta. Bring back many solutions for many teams. Many different counters. Many different good ideas for team building. Not for 3-4 archetypes ruling all over the arena.

I don't want to rely on a bug to be able to kill a character. But at least, thanks for the tip...
Snow white(Healer), Rhea Dragoon(Champion), Kane(Archer), RRH ( Archer), Gwen (Archer). 3 classes out of 5. isn't it diverse enough?

Zvalmiekloranesh

Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:55 am

Snow white(Healer), Rhea Dragoon(Champion), Kane(Archer), RRH ( Archer), Gwen (Archer). 3 classes out of 5. isn't it diverse enough?
Well, I know mystics aren't seen a lot, but they exist, trust me, there are 6 classes x)

And you've just given one exemple of a trigger ranger team. Snow has become the best non-ranger aura slave for trigger rangers. About Rhea, she's a hidden valiant  :mrgreen: (RIP Freya) but I prefer to see her instead of a full square of rangers like Gwen-Kane-Red-Vivi with Snow, who will make the arrows fall like a heavy rain, like there is no tomorrow. It's still about trigger rangers anyway.
Well, I don't think you're wrong. Cass is indeed a very strong hero, and clearly worth every dollar that people have paid for. Cass is also more widespread than Zoey was because the devs added more ways to obtain Cass (shards, and chests with shards, summons with shards, etc), than Zoey (only top 100, and a bundle 3 months later). Perhaps the power of Cass should be toned down a little given that she is much more accessible than Zoey was, even if Zoey was really powerful, there were only a 100 of them while there are probably 300 Cass running around per server right now and you weren't likely to meet Zoeys as much as Cass.

3. New arena game modes (capture the flag mentioned in the dev blog) that drastically change what heroes are desirable.
What about the 3 ideas at the same time ?  :twisted:

vOnElith

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:53 am

Well, I know mystics aren't seen a lot, but they exist, trust me, there are 6 classes x)

And you've just given one exemple of a trigger ranger team. Snow has become the best non-ranger aura slave for trigger rangers. About Rhea, she's a hidden valiant  :mrgreen: (RIP Freya) but I prefer to see her instead of a full square of rangers like Gwen-Kane-Red-Vivi with Snow, who will make the arrows fall like a heavy rain, like there is no tomorrow. It's still about trigger rangers anyway.

What about the 3 ideas at the same time ?  :twisted:
You do realise th cost of making one single unit is a few hundred dollars right? Or due to limited resources, it might take weeks and months to fully realise a theorycrafted team’s capability?

Zvalmiekloranesh

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:01 am

That's why the devs will prefer to do another ultragood unit to counter Cass instead of nerfing her... I'm pretty sure of it.
Oh, how it would be good to be wrong now...

Seriously, listen to players already, not your craving for money.

#NerfCassDamnit

BiggusDikkus

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:23 am

Runes, gear, Max Limit Break and Max talents, mean NOTHING when Cass uses that ability.

Why do we even build DEFENCE or even HP on heroes at all?!

The Devs are just telling me that I've wasted my time.