Zvalmiekloranesh

Re: Cassandra (Assassin) balance?

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:03 am

True. Zoey was already really powerful, but now it's just insane. 
Anyway, Cassandra is just the manifestation of the developers' desire to get more money out of us... But let's get back to the subject.

As said before, the 4 turns cooldown would resolve everything. And not only the assassin, the ninja deserves the nerf too... When I've read "the clone ONLY has aura skills", I was surprised to see the clone could attack too. 

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:32 pm

I still think Cass Assassin should have at least 5 CD since her skill is truly devastating. Her aura also complements the effect of Death Roullete ensuring target heroes are 1 shotted.

Possible solution:
1) Increase CD to 5 Turns
2.) Retain 3 CD but makes it only 1 Target
3.) Retain 3 CD but lowers the chance of the stupid roulette
4.) Devs ignore that Cass Ass is OP (Best solution)

Zvalmiekloranesh

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:18 pm

If you put her CD from 3 to 5, players who chose her would feel betrayed from this huge gap and will ask for compensation.
But I like the "one target only" idea. The AoE is just illogical for a 3 turns CD that kills anything. Or/And remove the damn poison.

Putting units to 1 HP is insane enough.

Sn1v33

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:32 pm

If you put her CD from 3 to 5, players who chose her would feel betrayed from this huge gap and will ask for compensation.
But I like the "one target only" idea. The AoE is just illogical for a 3 turns CD that kills anything. Or/And remove the damn poison.

Putting units to 1 HP is insane enough.
I think the feasible solutions could be: 

a. Make it single targeted. This will still be broken as I assume this will bypass 100% immunity, heal x% of damage dealt(like Snow White's skill) but this means that a square ranger formation would still function, even with one of them down. By making it single targeted, this still doesn't negate it being a ridiculous spell but I feel like this is already manageable for opposing team. 

b. Make the damage instances separate. What I mean is 'x% chance to decrease enemy HP by 33% for 3 turns'. This means the spell will still be powerful but it wouldn't feel like it's broken. In essence, that cuts off 99% of a hero's HP but you need some luck on your side more than before. Still, it's a high reward for a low CD spell. 

I think making it 5 turn CD makes it kinda just an okay spell, not DL worthy imo. I don't even own Cass so I have no reason to defend her but by turn 5, the enemy could already counter your Cass in so many ways like adding CD, stunning, etc. On a side note, it should be dispelable as this skill doesn't have a counter once it is already cast. That, in itself, already screams OP.

Zvalmiekloranesh

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:45 pm

So, the ideas exposed until then :

- More CD
- Single Target
- Split the skill effect/damage in more turns
- Wheel of death can be dispelled
- Reduce the Wheel of death's chance to proc

Hungshu
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:20 pm

TBH 
I'm find with 2 target
Just increase her CD should be enough, 4 turns should be on same level as other Darklord
but I don't think dev will listen sadly, they might just release new Mystic farie tale MW path with 2 CD

Hungshu
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:22 pm

I also send this topic to dev. some time ago, and they suggest to use hex team...WTF

Zvalmiekloranesh

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:00 pm

Well, my wife has been using Red turn 3 and Snow T4 on her F2P account, it's really effective in the arena, and her units have reaaaaaaally bad equipment and almost no runes.
She's using Rhea GLD too, but Rhea almost never attacks because using Red again is more effective.

I'm waiting to see what it can do against Cassandra assassin in higher rank in arena.
Last edited by Zvalmiekloranesh on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sn1v33

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:06 pm

Well, my wife has been using Red turn 3 and Snow T4 on her F2P account, it's really effective in the arena, and her units have reaaaaaaally bad equipment and almost no runes.
She's using Rhéa GLD too, but Rhéa almost never attacks because using Red again is more effective.

I'm waiting to see what it can do against Cassandra in higher rank in arena (she's not expert yet, just got Red few days ago).
Totally out of topic but you playing the game together is goals.

Back to topic, best solution is make valiants' skillsets tailored to combat DLs. It also fits story-wise as they are the main heroes of the game.

Zvalmiekloranesh

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:26 pm

What I meant was the fact that I don't know if Hex team can beat Cassandra assassin.
In this previous case, it's 50% chance to have Red CD before Cassandra (they both have 3 turns CD), and 60% to silence her. Meh. I don't really call that a counter.