Hungshu
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Cassandra (Assassin) balance?

Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:47 am

This is just my point of view 
Right now Cassandra is most OP unit in arena, she has great aura, great skill 
To be honest I not really have much problem when she alone, but when combo with some good range unit like Rhea (gl) or any strong ranger
I got around 20% or less chance of wining when I move first

So is it possible to 
1. Increase her CD to 4
or
2. Reduce CD of counter unit to 2 turns such as: Ellis (WL), Taegen (MW), Reager (MB)

Bansky

Re: Cassandra (Assassin) balance?

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:10 pm

True, Cass assassin just way too OP, but I doubt this will get nerf because players who got her will be up in arms also. It's simply a mistake that cannot be undone.  I've been consistently protesting how dark lords are OP in general to no avail.  The VF team just simply explain that its only natural for DL to be OP because they are premium character, with total lack of regard for game balance.

Silmeria

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 pm

+1 for this. 3 cooldown is just too quick for such OP skill.

Sn1v33

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:41 pm

I don't think nerfing Cassandra will be considered by VF devs at all. It's too risky messing with their beloved whales so I think buffing some existing heroes that will counter Cassandra(and the existing one Zoey at the moment) would be the most feasible option for the greater good. Please don't introduce a Dark Lord that will counter them because it's like a whale meets whale in PvP scenario again devs. Some options I've come up with is reintroducing Valiants as a blanket Check to the Dark Lords with a revamp some are hoping for(myself Included); it also fits nicely story-wise so that's a bonus. Buffing Darrion's cleanse to a hard cleanse, as well as giving Lucille one probably would be nice. Valiants are rare but not as rare as DLs so they are more easily available for use.

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:20 am

True, Cass assassin just way too OP, but I doubt this will get nerf because players who got her will be up in arms also. It's simply a mistake that cannot be undone.  I've been consistently protesting how dark lords are OP in general to no avail.  The VF team just simply explain that its only natural for DL to be OP because they are premium character, with total lack of regard for game balance.
I laughed at this since it's really true then I cried since it got real and my grasp to see a decent balance is loosening.

Hungshu
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:46 am

That why I suggest to reduce CD other unit that can stop her too

However, I still think just increase Cassandra CD by 1 not make her weak, just stoppable but still one of most dangerous unit 

If they didn't change at all this game arena will just be coin toss, move first = lose (since you can't stop Cassandra by any mean)

Zvalmiekloranesh

Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:22 am

Well, it's true the most dangerous units skills were often turn 4, like Aladdin, Snow, Leah, Zoey, Tess...
And there were some solutions like Lancelot Warlord, Altima Holy Defender, etc. to counter them (or at least trying to).

Turn 3 is an heresy. It broke the arena rules. Agressive skills where turn 4, except Rhéa (but that was not instant-killing moves). Defensive skills could be sooner, or at least also turn 4.

Let's get back to Cassandra Assassin.

It's just way too soon for that kind of skill. I've been thinking the devs aren't trying to play in arena before releasing her, just money-money-money... Yeah, there're right to get money from the game, but not to kill it that soon when some players are trying to get some fun out of it. Are they playing their own game ? 

Nowaday, it's Kane GS, Cassandras, Kane, Cassandras, Kane, Cassandras... They've killed the diversity of playable characters.
The solution for now ? Using Red Sharpshooter and pray to be able to use her skill first, and then pray for the 60% chance to succeed ?

Or praying to not encounter cassandra in arena. Woah, so fun nowadays. Valiants definitely need a huge rework, and some tanks need a silence turn 2 or 3 ?

Xinhuan

Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:17 pm

That why I suggest to reduce CD other unit that can stop her too

However, I still think just increase Cassandra CD by 1 not make her weak, just stoppable but still one of most dangerous unit 

If they didn't change at all this game arena will just be coin toss, move first = lose (since you can't stop Cassandra by any mean)
It doesn't really solve the problem. Let's say Raegar Magebane or Taegen cooldown is reduced by one to 2 turns, both sides would just use her to stop each other. i.e if I went first, his Raegar can skill delay my Raegar, if I went second, my Raegar can skill delay his Raegar, so the side that went second will still get the Cass Assassin cast off first.

People are already using Raegar/Taegen to skill delay to stop 4-turn skills, its just this one Cass that has a really powerful 3-turn skill. I've seen players start to use Kane GR to stun her from using it, or stun Rhea Glad from entering CF first, or use trigger rangers to apply multiple copies of Hex to kill the Assassin. There are counters, but the counters are quite specific and will of course lower your win rates against other players. And that's how the arena meta evolves.

Zvalmiekloranesh

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:10 am

There are counters, but the counters are quite specific and will of course lower your win rates against other players. And that's how the arena meta evolves.
The meta is evolving for trigger rangers ? Wait, I've missed something. They're everywhere already, aren't they ? x)

Well, seriously speaking, it doesn't change the fact that only ONE character is making the meta change just to counter her. That's proof enough she's OP. Arena will be Rangers triggers, Cassandras team, and counter-cassandras team, which will be... trigger rangers ? Wow, thanks Cassandras to allow diversity.

Silmeria

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:13 am

4 of them are OP in their own ways.
Assassin is the most OP of them because of the rhea glad+ Cass assassin combo wombo.

Even zoey falls out of meta with cassandra's coming. When a dark lord outshines another dark lord, that's when you know it's unbalanced.

And cassandra is a shadow, zoey is a mystic.
Why would a shadow cast a skill better than a mystic ??????????