Sn1v33
Topic Author

Re: Can we Talk about Lucille

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:30 pm

With 5 CD, I think it's still balanced to keep inquisitor's invulnerability at 2 turns. 1 turn is too short for PvP, honestly. And 5 cool down feels so long now with cassandra and zoey.

I have nothing to say for AB since any improvement will work, and she does need 2 or 3 skill cooldown.

The problem with spiritwalker is also located in her aura. She only protects herself, not allies.
She needs her aura to be changed from 'self' to 'allies+self' her cool down needs to be lowered to 3 and yeah, the healing is also underwhelming.

Witch doctor needs cool down lowered to 4 too, and add 1 skill delay to all enemies.
Her current aura sucks. Maybe make WD to an offensive healer?
'When allies in aura is healed, trigger this hero to attack with 120% atk'
What about making the WD/SW an offensive support on par with Snow White? Change it up to 'when hero is healed, trigger allies in aura to attack with x%". And by that, I mean all heroes in aura having separate chances(like one could attack, or two or three based on luck). 
two heroes have this aura :
Kahuna WD with 80% atk
And
Siena inquisitor with 100% atk plus 20% atk buff from her mag.
The problem with this is that these kinds of hero are only good to be put in healer trigger team.
I'd love to see a versatile unit rather than specific utility unit. Honestly I have no idea about the aura, I just put a random aura in there.
But Lucille's proposed aura will actually have a chance to trigger everyone in aura, just in separate instances. To illustrate, Lucille gets healed, she can trigger at most everybody to attack. However, I don't see which teams would love to have her on the formation. Anyway, let's keep brainstorming and make this thread be known to the devs. Justice for healers, and Lucille, especially. 

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:23 pm

We Wantz Our Lucille Back in Meta!

Anyway, what if devs give Lucille new signature effects (or total rework)?

Inquisitor - Mass Heal + Dmg Reduction Shield + Stats Debuff to Enemies (Aura is Stat Buff)
Archbishop - Mass Heal + Stats Buff to Allies + Lure to Enemies (Aura is Persistent Heal + Dodge)
Spirit Walker - Mass Heal for 2 Turns + CD Increase to Enemies + CD Decrease to Allies (Aura is "Heals when allies are hit")
Witch Doctor - Mass Heal for 3 Turns + Mass Poison to Enemies for 3 Turns (Aura is "Hero Heals when allies cast skill")

Sn1v33
Topic Author

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:01 pm

I think defensive skills should be given a CD max of 4 turns. The early cast time of most aggressive spells just kills the potential of most defensive spells, no matter how great they are. If a new player looks at Inqui/AB Lucille's skill, for sure they'll be like 'wow 100% immunity'. In practice, however, 2 or 3 and possibly even all of your party are already killed by rangers or Cassandra by the time your healing is ready for use. With how they designed the PvP, defensive healers have no place in a formation just because of so many handicaps imposed on skills. It's not that the existing defensive spells suck. It's just that the timing of utilizing defensive spells are hard to take advantage of when the fastest healing spell you could get is a 3 turn spell(Warlock Kiera. Ironic that a mystic could perform healing duties faster than true healers.). 

I think imposing a 100% healing would encourage a defensive meta. No healer could actually bring a maxxed guardian to full HP in PvP. I know there are guardian teams to represent a defensive formation but a maxxed ranger can 3-4 shot a guardian invested in DEF, considering their crit abilities. Barely anybody uses healers for defensive purposes in PvP, anyway. Maybe it's time to lift that crappy 50% healing. 

On a side note, make MAG as a source of physical damage reduction. Why do guardians and rangers receive all the love while caster heroes are given the short end of the stick? (50% skill efficiency, 50% heal efficiency, DEF as skill damage reduction) The only good thing that has come by for casters are the insignias but guardians and rangers loved the introduction of them, just as much. 

Sn1v33
Topic Author

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:10 pm

But even if they nerf cass assassin skill from 3 turns to 4 turns, Lucille NEEDS a rework, and I like your idea Sn1v33.
I forgot to acknowledge this but thanks. Just sharing my thoughts just because I feel like Lucille is so shitty right now. When I invested in my Lucille 2 months ago, I was like 'yeah 100% immunity is what's lacking in my team'. Then when I finally got to use her, I eventually felt 'why is she even here?' Knowing that valiants are supposed to be one of the best, it doesn't feel right that she feels so useless. She isn't for PvE in most cases so if she still sucks in PvP, what's the point of using her? 

Zvalmiekloranesh

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Well... Yeah, there is no point using her.
My friend took her at the beginning, she went 5* +2, and two weeks later, he got Snow.
Good bye Lucille.

When you prefer "ordinary unit" over Valiants, there is a huge problem.
#VRN

Bansky

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:14 am

I would like to add one more suggestion to Lucille Spirit Walker.  They should decrease CD of skill from 4 to 3.  Her 4 CD skill is practically useless.  Almost every arena meta now has at least CD 5.  Anything ore than that is just not feasible in arena anymore.  So having 4 CD will not help anyone at all.  We all do know, the end result of every arena game is mostly decided in the first round because of the very fast CD of current meta heroes.  Hope this is something the devs will consider if and when they revamp lucille.

Zvalmiekloranesh

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:49 am

Oh... I just had an idea. Dunno what you'll think about it.
I've thought of that kind of skill :

"Lower enemy's atk by 90% for 1 turns. Heals squad for 30% of the value lowered." Or something like that. The idea sounded good to me.

Sn1v33
Topic Author

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:55 am

"Lower enemy's atk by 90% for 1 turns. Heals squad for 30% of the value lowered." Or something like that. The idea sounded good to me.
Unless it's a 0CD spell, it's a nerf to Inquisitor and AB while I can't say for SW since that class is horrible. Even if you put it at 3CD, supposing your up against a ranger team, They have 2 turns to pepper at your squad. With how much the actual trigger numbers are, you'd be long crippled if not completely pummeled to the ground.

Sn1v33
Topic Author

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:57 am

I would like to add one more suggestion to Lucille Spirit Walker.  They should decrease CD of skill from 4 to 3.  Her 4 CD skill is practically useless.  Almost every arena meta now has at least CD 5.  Anything ore than that is just not feasible in arena anymore.  So having 4 CD will not help anyone at all.  We all do know, the end result of every arena game is mostly decided in the first round because of the very fast CD of current meta heroes.  Hope this is something the devs will consider if and when they revamp lucille.
I think it should be 2CD, tbh. If you make it 3CD, the only skills it affects are 5+CD spells and most skills from meta heroes are at 4-5. It would be one of those 'good in theory, useless in practice' skills if it is a 3CD. 

Zvalmiekloranesh

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:07 am

Unless it's a 0CD spell, it's a nerf to Inquisitor and AB while I can't say for SW since that class is horrible. Even if you put it at 3CD, supposing your up against a ranger team, They have 2 turns to pepper at your squad. With how much the actual trigger numbers are, you'd be long crippled if not completely pummeled to the ground.
It was a suggestion, it could have more effects in the spell, like damage reduc, shield, etc. but honestly, that was just a 10s idea that came through my mind. Still, didn't want to lose it.