Bansky

Re: (VRN) Valiants Rework Needed

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:15 pm

I truly believe this is the only way they can rectify the mistake of introducing Dark Lord characters, by making Valiants on par with Dark Lords. Yes, I said it should be on par and not cheap imitations of dark lords.  If not for the community, Kiera revamp would just have been a useless affair.  Although, in my personal view, I still think that revamp still falls short.  That's why we need to push for better revamp of other Valiants.  Valiants in essence should even be stronger than dark lords or at least cancel each other out.  I really don't like that BS explanation that Dark Lords should be superior to Valiants because they are premium characters.
You cannot hope they'll do Valiants as strong as DL if they're "free". BUT.

- Grand pixie for Valiant's faith really hard to get
- Random Valiant in arena ticket and monthly present
- In loading screen, often says "Valiants are the best heroes in Arathos" and something like they are invaluable to any team. lol...

So you're kinda right. Valiants are becoming slightly better "normal" units, instead of OP units.
I know its pushing too far.  But as far as I can see, it seems devs are revamping valiants to stay in the shadow of Dark Lords, which should not be the case.  Valiants are the heroes of Arathos, while the Dark Lords are the big baddies.  All valiants should at least have a good fighting chance.

Zvalmiekloranesh
Topic Author

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:20 pm

Yep. But right now isn't the case, which is why I opened this topic ;)

I'll make some changes in the first message tonight, working on freya atm.

Sn1v33

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:49 pm

I truly believe this is the only way they can rectify the mistake of introducing Dark Lord characters, by making Valiants on par with Dark Lords. Yes, I said it should be on par and not cheap imitations of dark lords.  If not for the community, Kiera revamp would just have been a useless affair.  Although, in my personal view, I still think that revamp still falls short.  That's why we need to push for better revamp of other Valiants.  Valiants in essence should even be stronger than dark lords or at least cancel each other out.  I really don't like that BS explanation that Dark Lords should be superior to Valiants because they are premium characters.
You cannot hope they'll do Valiants as strong as DL if they're "free". BUT.

- Grand pixie for Valiant's faith really hard to get
- Random Valiant in arena ticket and monthly present
- In loading screen, often says "Valiants are the best heroes in Arathos" and something like they are invaluable to any team. lol...

So you're kinda right. Valiants are becoming slightly better "normal" units, instead of OP units.
I know its pushing too far.  But as far as I can see, it seems devs are revamping valiants to stay in the shadow of Dark Lords, which should not be the case.  Valiants are the heroes of Arathos, while the Dark Lords are the big baddies.  All valiants should at least have a good fighting chance.
I think it's fine that DLs are SLIGHTLY stronger but that's as far as it can go.

Valiants should still be able to justify themselves for using them. The gap should be close like "I got Zoey but I feel Kiera is better in this squad" instead of "Oh, I got a Zoey! Adios Kiera". I think RM and Ele Kiera were able to achieve that versus RM and Ele Zoey to a certain extent but I can't say for the other valiants.

Zvalmiekloranesh
Topic Author

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:20 pm

Valiants should still be able to justify themselves for using them. The gap should be close like "I got Zoey but I feel Kiera is better in this squad" instead of "Oh, I got a Zoey! Adios Kiera".
Can't be more true...

Zvalmiekloranesh
Topic Author

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:25 am

I made changes to Kiera, Kane and Shizu, doing Lucille and Freya but there are complications. 
Freya isn't simple... and Lucille is too, even if Sn1v33 opened a good topic on her (which helps).

EDIT : Darrion done.
EDIT : Freya, done.

Zvalmiekloranesh
Topic Author

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:13 am

Valiants are the heroes of Arathos, while the Dark Lords are the big baddies.  All valiants should at least have a good fighting chance.
May the devs hear you... And look at this thread d***** ! To see them answer "yeah, you're all right, we'll think of something"
He's (Kane) usually partnered with a gang of rangers, though so I don't think he needs the skill CD badly.
The goal is to be able to use Kane efficiently without other rangers x) or at least two or his four forms. That's why I edited Gunslinger a little bit and Sharpshooter a lot to bring a new gameplay to this valiant (in fact, the Royal Huntsman could be good in other teams but noone takes the risk of doing him. I got Kane Arès in 400 gems invocation, I'm doing the tests atm)