Zvalmiekloranesh

Re: I give up (Cass + Raid 2 issue)

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:07 pm

One more point I would like to say is, we are lazy, we don't want to change. we build up an archer team and we hope it will be good enough... we build up an guardian team to counter archers, and we hope it will be good enough... we build up cass/rhea team to counter guardians... and we hope it will be good enough...

However, the devs don't think in this way, they actually want us to change... frequently, dramatically... so our resource will not enough to cover the cost of the massive change... and we need to spend some cash to make it up...

This is the very purpose of dark lord, and many new mechanics of new heroes. devs want to shift meta quickly... so people will make changes in their squad, and invest more resources on new heroes(actually getting new heroes itself is a lot investment already).

So my point is, if cass/rhea is so dominate that everyone just need to build cass/rhea team and win 90% of the arena match... the devs will be crazy and do something for it...
So we just need more time... anyway devs only tends to fix things when they notice their profit drops...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe cass is OP, but she actually only OP in arena, where the turn flows so fast that it is possible to use a shadow as a mystic. Cassassin is so OP... yet no one use her in PvE... it is an issue but not very serious considering the reward of pvp is so little... I used to reach 4.6k point per week, but it dropped to 4.3k when everyone started to use cass/rhea team. so I lose A LOT in pvp, namely 20 gems and 40 blood tokens per week.

On the contrary, snow sdd is something you can actually use in pve, use in every floor of tower, use in every event map if boss have not 15-hit counter... ... This is a serious problem (as it will make players ignore upcoming heroes just focus on building a snow sdd)... so devs choose to fix that first... honestly I feel this is a reasonable, logical move of the devs.
I forgot to mention one or two things in your comment Sheryl (btw thanks, I like those kind of message)

First, we talk too much already about how much we need more Job keys, some players explained why, but the devs don't care at all. "Buy bundles."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secondly, it's not only about the arena rewards : it's about the game itself, the arena itself, the pleasure you can have playing this game. I don't care one bit about the arena reward (not much difference if you're not champion or legend)

Sheryl
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Secondly, it's not only about the arena rewards : it's about the game itself, the arena itself, the pleasure you can have playing this game. I don't care one bit about the arena reward (not much difference if you're not champion or legend)
Yah arena is basically the only PVP feature in this game by now, and therefore it's the only place you challenge other player's strategies and tactics. However even arena is not real time pvp, it's just fight against ai. And we all know ai is somehow stupid...
back to cassassin/rhea problem, it's basically the optimal late game arena squad that... will likely to win every other team except another cassassin/rhea team. And it is very easy to build as long as you have 2xcass. 
As xin said, one solution is hex-based trigger archer team. but trigger archer have their own problem and the win rate is not as high as cassassin/rhea... so probably wont be a popular counter. if one day 50% of the teams in arena are cass/rhea team, probably hex-based trigger archer will be the dominate squad for exactly the same reason, they win cass/rhea team and have a 50% chance to win other trigger team...
Like I said... devs won't fix the problem before the notice their loss by releasing cass. What devs expecting is.... they release an OP hero to shift the meta, and then they release new heroes to counter it... so people will first buy the OP hero and then buy the new heroes that counters it... See, how devs want player to frequently change their squad... Devs want to say "your old squad is outdated, build a new one!" by releasing cass, and soon they will releasing someone else and say"your cass squad is outdated, build a new one... ..." This is what exactly happned to zoey as well.
However, Cass is limited hero, at most 100 players in each server will possibly have 2 cass to build a cass/rhea team. I highly doubt if people will actually build a team to counter cass instead of just repick their opponent...
I personally expected to see something like this: 1/3 players use cass/rhea team and they skip hex rangers, 1/3 players use anti-trigger team and they skip cass/rhea team, 1/3 players use hex-ranger team and they skip anti-trigger team. So they reach a balance that no one will ever need to build a new team.... and make devs crazy...
we have a lot more dark lords, and maybe grand valiant in the future... The game will still subject to change, probably everything we use today will no longer be effective in the future...
-------------- this is a cute divider line ----------------
When I was a child, my father buy a telephone from market for $10 and we use the exact same phone in my home for more than 10 years. However, nowadays I no longer expect buying a mobile phone and use it more than 10 years... I basically need to buy a new one every 2-3 years...the same concept applies to the game as well. We are lazy and we don't want to change. so it's the dev's job to do something to force us to make a change. We get angry an we blame the devs but they won't hear us. They will only look into balance issue when they noticed people stopped buying new heroes after they got cass...this happened once on svenzerk, and will probably happen to cass sooner or later...

Zvalmiekloranesh

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:16 am

Well, after all those messages, those ideas, many players expressing themselves, I feel the urge to see how the devs and mods will answer to this issue.

In the next episode : Nefariel is coming, Cass is crap...
Last edited by Zvalmiekloranesh on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sheryl
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Well, after all those messages, those ideas, many players expressing themselves, I feel the urge to see how the devs and mods will answer to this issue.

In the next episode : Nefarion is coming, Cass is crap...
however, not a single official member appears during the long time of discussion...
I highly doubt whether any staff from 12B will even check the forum... they seems only reachable if you reply on a post started by a 12B member... All other post are basically NOISE to them...
same applied on facebook comment... and not to mention reddit/discord community...
I really feel the developer of VF don't really care much about their players now... what they do is just... release some hero to buff tank team(Cass), and then release some hero to buff archer team(snow/rrh) and then back to tank team... ...
I personally can't wait to see what on-spawn skill other dark lord will possibly have... I like -25%hp on spawn... 

Zvalmiekloranesh

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Ryozanki wrote : As gamers ourselves, the team behind Valiant Force is very much open to criticisms, or negative comments, about the game.

We value all constructive feedback and suggestions from the community, so here are a couple of tips to catch our attention!

[...]

Note: The admins will not always reply, but the development team will be constantly viewing the topics and replies.
I would like them to prove that. Spirit of Ryozanki, if you're here, knock 3 times...

Sheryl
Official Member
Official Member

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:44 am

devs know cass is OP for sure... that's why they give cass calendar and rhea bundle this week...

"join the cassasin/rhea meta today and give us your money" said the devs.

It's a trap, devs will release someone to counter cass and get more money from us soon...this is how they make money...

Zvalmiekloranesh

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Well, that's it. I'm bored of being insulted. They will NEVER, EVER get any money from me anymore. What could make them realize their sh*t making everyone stop paying anything unless Cass gets her nerf. But this won't happen. Ok dev, you won, but without me. I'm not falling for your Cass trap.

HouseofOrdos
Official Member
Official Member

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:30 am

We will be seeing this Cass set up in the upper ranks for a longtime. the Trigger Archer teams are already getting counter units but the 3 kingdom units are also premium stuff and unattainable for most people. 
 The balancing is terrible old and units are obsolete... (Rhea, and Arthur are probably the only unit to stay relevant the rest meh...) it's like they were neglected especially the Valiants, so you be forced to buy the new units. The game isn't friendly to new comers and free to play players with the OP units like the dark lords. I understand, it's business after all  but I wish they could Improve the old units and Balance the game. 

I Also notice 8-hit attack of cass and the 6-hit attack of Aladdin doesn't stop even if the return damage already killed them. Only After dealing all the 8-hit or 6-hit attack they die. 
I guess it's a limitation of the game engine, a bug or a really OP game mechanic or am i missing or overlooking something? 

Lastly, I wanna express my disappointment for Mercia, She is the weakest Darklord compared to other Darklords.  But compared to other Gaurdian Class she's okay but only in the Arena not in PVE.  

Nekonase
Official Member
Official Member

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:50 am

We will be seeing this Cass set up in the upper ranks for a longtime. the Trigger Archer teams are already getting counter units but the 3 kingdom units are also premium stuff and unattainable for most people. 
 The balancing is terrible old and units are obsolete... (Rhea, and Arthur are probably the only unit to stay relevant the rest meh...) it's like they were neglected especially the Valiants, so you be forced to buy the new units. The game isn't friendly to new comers and free to play players with the OP units like the dark lords. I understand, it's business after all  but I wish they could Improve the old units and Balance the game. 

I Also notice 8-hit attack of cass and the 6-hit attack of Aladdin doesn't stop even if the return damage already killed them. Only After dealing all the 8-hit or 6-hit attack they die. 
I guess it's a limitation of the game engine, a bug or a really OP game mechanic or am i missing or overlooking something? 

Lastly, I wanna express my disappointment for Mercia, She is the weakest Darklord compared to other Darklords.  But compared to other Gaurdian Class she's okay but only in the Arena not in PVE.  
Isn't Mercia a dark discipline like Miu, Eliza, Valeria and Rem?

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:31 pm

I beg to differ, I think Mercia (Blood Knight) is doing a better job than Arthur.