Bansky

Re: I give up (Cass + Raid 2 issue)

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:17 pm

I am from Gevalon Server. Current at top 300 Crystal 3 Rank. The Top 20 here are mostly use Cassandra, Rhea, Arthur, Guan Yu, ZL warlock and Snow white and lastly trigger hex and archer squads.
I’ve encounter Mercia CK once and she was not a problem to me. More people are actually using Guan Yu paladin now because her active skill and aura is insanly good and synergize well with Rhea and archers.
If we are simply talking about ranks, currently I am rank 29 in arathos server and above 4.3k. I fight the top and most fed squads in PvP. Mercia CK appeared in top 20 for a short while but Guan Yu was released so yeah. I also know from experience that a fed cass, guan yu and rhea are a nightmare to deal with especially since I am using a defensively-inclined squad.

By using your same argument, can I say that rangers are garbage because I almost never lose to them? Doesn't mean that you have no issues facing that particular hero is tantamount to them being useless. You most likely just have the tools to deal with her effectively and guardian AI is wonky tbh. 
Rangers and Gaurdians have different roles. Rangers are designed to deal damage not withstand blows.  i can win against rangers too but not without a casualty they either hurt my units badly or take out 1 or 2 of my units. ranger are damage dealers! they Excell in damage dealing and triggering department and because of you have to set up your squad in a certain wat and need to have a certain unit to counter their endless trigger. You don’t even need to counter mercia she isn’t even a threat. AI usually ignores Gaurdians and focus on squishy units so Gaurdians is mostly useful for their protection aura.

In short:
I beat ranger because i have to set my squad to counter them, i beat mercia without even a counter unit or counter squad for her. So there, the context of argument

Gaurdians are designed to take punishment but since AI would prefer to pick off weaker units them tanking isn’t really a main role anymore. Gaurdians are only useful if they have a really good protective or retaliatory aura. Return damage, absorb damage and damage reduction aura for me are the most useful aura for a Gaurdians.

Mercia would have been really good if her aura was
Like 100% to return 40% damage when adjacent ally is hit. Return damage is a death sentence to Rangers and Shadows. Shadow like cass and aladin would be kill them self with return damage especially if they Crit.

Mercia bk has heal and increase mag but there are other attainable Gaurdians that has similar aura. Yeah Mercia BK has a good active skill but i rather have snow white AB for her slot or a guan Yu pl.
Mercia CK also has a good active skill useful for breaking formations or taking the mid tile but her aura is just mediocre stat boost aura are one of the worst auras in my opinion.

She is good depending on your strategy, to me she is plain bad. Her are my other reasons
1. Her aura BK or CK is not that special there are other attainable gaurdians with the same aura. Leon, Victoria and Faye.
2.Her skill maybe good but I didn’t play PVP to take the center tile. I play pvp to kill every opponent. Hence I’ll have my tanks protect Rhea from an Archer onehit kill. Arthur PL + Guan Yu can effectively buffer off 70% incoming damage from rhea. Mercia BK has heal but Heal isn’t effective in the Arena unless she has 20k hp but even that still only heal 2000 HP and that’s it counting arena’s reduce heal. Def doesn’t scale well against ATK and CRIT so i would definitely go Auras that has damage reduction or damage absorb.
3. She is hard to limit break unlike Leon, Victoria and Faye. unless you are really luck with the gem summons and were able to pull mercia consistently. Although not necessary limit breaking your hero will still give you an edge in PVP
Mercia can be a pretty good counter for Rhea Glad.  She can almost recover most of the damage dealt by rhea granted she does not get stunned on first strike.
Everglades has the same prevailing arena meta as you mentioned, GY, Rhea Glad, Cass sin, etc., As a non-dark lord user, I had been struggling in climbing back in arena rank for quite some time after Cass came out.  When Mercia was released, I was instantly smitten with the BK and I am now able to compete at the top level of arena against all the Cass, Rhea, GY combo.
 But of course, the strength of your squad does not depend on the strength of each characters, but how you combine them to come up with the strongest possible comp to combat variety of meta.

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:45 pm

If we are simply talking about ranks, currently I am rank 29 in arathos server and above 4.3k. I fight the top and most fed squads in PvP. Mercia CK appeared in top 20 for a short while but Guan Yu was released so yeah. I also know from experience that a fed cass, guan yu and rhea are a nightmare to deal with especially since I am using a defensively-inclined squad.

By using your same argument, can I say that rangers are garbage because I almost never lose to them? Doesn't mean that you have no issues facing that particular hero is tantamount to them being useless. You most likely just have the tools to deal with her effectively and guardian AI is wonky tbh. 
Rangers and Gaurdians have different roles. Rangers are designed to deal damage not withstand blows.  i can win against rangers too but not without a casualty they either hurt my units badly or take out 1 or 2 of my units. ranger are damage dealers! they Excell in damage dealing and triggering department and because of you have to set up your squad in a certain wat and need to have a certain unit to counter their endless trigger. You don’t even need to counter mercia she isn’t even a threat. AI usually ignores Gaurdians and focus on squishy units so Gaurdians is mostly useful for their protection aura.

In short:
I beat ranger because i have to set my squad to counter them, i beat mercia without even a counter unit or counter squad for her. So there, the context of argument

Gaurdians are designed to take punishment but since AI would prefer to pick off weaker units them tanking isn’t really a main role anymore. Gaurdians are only useful if they have a really good protective or retaliatory aura. Return damage, absorb damage and damage reduction aura for me are the most useful aura for a Gaurdians.

Like 100% to return 40% damage when adjacent ally is hit. Return damage is a death sentence to Rangers and Shadows. Shadow like cass and aladin would be kill them self with return damage especially if they Crit.

Mercia bk has heal and increase mag but there are other attainable Gaurdians that has similar aura. Yeah Mercia BK has a good active skill but i rather have snow white AB for her slot or a guan Yu pl.
Mercia CK also has a good active skill useful for breaking formations or taking the mid tile but her aura is just mediocre stat boost aura are one of the worst auras in my opinion.

She is good depending on your strategy, to me she is plain bad. Her are my other reasons
1. Her aura BK or CK is not that special there are other attainable gaurdians with the same aura. Leon, Victoria and Faye.
2.Her skill maybe good but I didn’t play PVP to take the center tile. I play pvp to kill every opponent. Hence I’ll have my tanks protect Rhea from an Archer onehit kill. Arthur PL + Guan Yu can effectively buffer off 70% incoming damage from rhea. Mercia BK has heal but Heal isn’t effective in the Arena unless she has 20k hp but even that still only heal 2000 HP and that’s it counting arena’s reduce heal. Def doesn’t scale well against ATK and CRIT so i would definitely go Auras that has damage reduction or damage absorb.
3. She is hard to limit break unlike Leon, Victoria and Faye. unless you are really luck with the gem summons and were able to pull mercia consistently. Although not necessary limit breaking your hero will still give you an edge in PVP
Mercia can be a pretty good counter for Rhea Glad.  She can almost recover most of the damage dealt by rhea granted she does not get stunned on first strike.
Everglades has the same prevailing arena meta as you mentioned, GY, Rhea Glad, Cass sin, etc., As a non-dark lord user, I had been struggling in climbing back in arena rank for quite some time after Cass came out.  When Mercia was released, I was instantly smitten with the BK and I am now able to compete at the top level of arena against all the Cass, Rhea, GY combo.
 But of course, the strength of your squad does not depend on the strength of each characters, but how you combine them to come up with the strongest possible comp to combat variety of meta.
Exactly. As long as Mercia is contributing to the core of the survivability of my squad, she does not deserve to be called a disappointment. lol

HouseofOrdos
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Rangers and Gaurdians have different roles. Rangers are designed to deal damage not withstand blows. i can win against rangers too but not without a casualty they either hurt my units badly or take out 1 or 2 of my units. ranger are damage dealers! they Excell in damage dealing and triggering department and because of you have to set up your squad in a certain wat and need to have a certain unit to counter their endless trigger. You don’t even need to counter mercia she isn’t even a threat. AI usually ignores Gaurdians and focus on squishy units so Gaurdians is mostly useful for their protection aura.

In short:

Guardians have terrible AI. They are easy food in PvP if AI controls them. It's simple as that. They usually move and break formation and they are not designed to deal damage like you said so you are under no threat against most guardians, obviously. And btw, you are underestimating her mag buff to her allies. You don't realize that a mercia bk with high investment can feed ~4k mag to her mystic allies. You don't even use Mercia BK yet you're calling her bad lmfao.

You yourself also mentioned she is good depending on strategy but most lineups have their own strategy. Would a guan yu and 4k atk mystic be a good combo if you are going to use that 4k atk mystic to be procced by guan's aura? Ofc not. It's simply bc guardians have a trash AI so. I don't think Guan yu herself is the threat but it's the allies she can use which makes her threatening lol. Tell me if Guan Yu pala is threatening if she is alone/her attacking allies are dead.

The thing is, you're only seeing Mercia BK as an opponent, not considering how you can use her if you are her controller lol. Having a squad that the AI can use effectively isn't exactly a must in PvP since you gain no points if AI wins using your squad.

And btw, your argument is nonsense abt comparing guan yu and Mercia. They do different things. It's like comparing SW and Rhea. There is no point comparing them since they do different things.
Yes AI is bad but not as bad as when you are up against rangers and cass + rhea. The context of my argument is base on countering those trigger teams and cass + rhea combo. I don’t really care if AI is using my team. I only care when i am using my team against a crappy ai that can still beat me if they get a lucky with crits and trigger.

Ah yeah the magic buff... Good if you are using a team of mystics that be good. if mercia has 40k hp that would be 4000 bonus mag right... but your mystic or what ever hero adjacent to mercia bk must survive an attack for that buff to be applied. Miracle rune might help but not against a double strike rune plus a follow up from triggered attack and trust me 4000 mag and a 4000k heal won’t save your mystic from a 30k crit.

I don’t use mystics other than merlock and ZL warlock in PVP and I use them mostly to break trigger formations because that’s what iam facing most of the time trigger and hex teams.

i’m using mercia and i’ve tested her in the arena. Like i said there are easily obtainable gaurdians with similar aura like her so she isn’t a must have for most teams but like i said if she works for ya then good I won’t change your opinion on that but here i am sharing my opinion why she is bad and there are alternatives to her

If i want to break formation i can just use Rhea Dragoon... much better CD at 3turns and has a higher attack. Again I said there are other alternatives to mercia and me saying that suggest that i’ve been using her for quite a while now.

Guan yu is a threat for the AI And for me because if i see a rhea + guan yu combo and i went 1st that’s a certain lose to me unless i stun or silence guan yu before she cast her skill on rhea. Also That 150% return damage can make a ranger, and shadow cry. So compared to ck mercia’s 110% magic damage to all... i’ll take pl guan yu’s 150% return damage for 3 turns coz those shadows and rangers will be killing themselves if they ever attack gaun yu in some instances they do after they kill ZL lock

Guan yu and Mercia, Both are gaurdians so it’s comparable because they have the same job, protect teammates and soak in the damage. Obviously... Snow white is a healer and rhea is a champion so yeah they aren’t comparable.

What doesn’t make sense to you? Because you disagree? That’s harsh Man

Sn1v33

Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Rangers and Gaurdians have different roles. Rangers are designed to deal damage not withstand blows. i can win against rangers too but not without a casualty they either hurt my units badly or take out 1 or 2 of my units. ranger are damage dealers! they Excell in damage dealing and triggering department and because of you have to set up your squad in a certain wat and need to have a certain unit to counter their endless trigger. You don’t even need to counter mercia she isn’t even a threat. AI usually ignores Gaurdians and focus on squishy units so Gaurdians is mostly useful for their protection aura.

In short:

Guardians have terrible AI. They are easy food in PvP if AI controls them. It's simple as that. They usually move and break formation and they are not designed to deal damage like you said so you are under no threat against most guardians, obviously. And btw, you are underestimating her mag buff to her allies. You don't realize that a mercia bk with high investment can feed ~4k mag to her mystic allies. You don't even use Mercia BK yet you're calling her bad lmfao.

You yourself also mentioned she is good depending on strategy but most lineups have their own strategy. Would a guan yu and 4k atk mystic be a good combo if you are going to use that 4k atk mystic to be procced by guan's aura? Ofc not. It's simply bc guardians have a trash AI so. I don't think Guan yu herself is the threat but it's the allies she can use which makes her threatening lol. Tell me if Guan Yu pala is threatening if she is alone/her attacking allies are dead.

The thing is, you're only seeing Mercia BK as an opponent, not considering how you can use her if you are her controller lol. Having a squad that the AI can use effectively isn't exactly a must in PvP since you gain no points if AI wins using your squad.

And btw, your argument is nonsense abt comparing guan yu and Mercia. They do different things. It's like comparing SW and Rhea. There is no point comparing them since they do different things.
Yes AI is bad but not as bad as when you are up against rangers and cass + rhea. The context of my argument is base on countering those trigger teams and cass + rhea combo. I don’t really care if AI is using my team. I only care when i am using my team against a crappy ai that can still beat me if they get a lucky with crits and trigger.

Ah yeah the magic buff... Good if you are using a team of mystics that be good. if mercia has 40k hp that would be 4000 bonus mag right... but your mystic or what ever hero adjacent to mercia bk must survive an attack for that buff to be applied. Miracle rune might help but not against a double strike rune plus a follow up from triggered attack and trust me 4000 mag and a 4000k heal won’t save your mystic from a 30k crit.

I don’t use mystics other than merlock and ZL warlock in PVP and I use them mostly to break trigger formations because that’s what iam facing most of the time trigger and hex teams.

i’m using mercia and i’ve tested her in the arena. Like i said there are easily obtainable gaurdians with similar aura like her so she isn’t a must have for most teams but like i said if she works for ya then good I won’t change your opinion on that but here i am sharing my opinion why she is bad and there are alternatives to her

If i want to break formation i can just use Rhea Dragoon... much better CD at 3turns and has a higher attack. Again I said there are other alternatives to mercia and me saying that suggest that i’ve been using her for quite a while now.

Guan yu is a threat for the AI And for me because if i see a rhea + guan yu combo and i went 1st that’s a certain lose to me unless i stun or silence guan yu before she cast her skill on rhea. Also That 150% return damage can make a ranger, and shadow cry. So compared to ck mercia’s 110% magic damage to all... i’ll take pl guan yu’s 150% return damage for 3 turns coz those shadows and rangers will be killing themselves if they ever attack gaun yu in some instances they do after they kill ZL lock

Guan yu and Mercia, Both are gaurdians so it’s comparable because they have the same job, protect teammates and soak in the damage. Obviously... Snow white is a healer and rhea is a champion so yeah they aren’t comparable.

What doesn’t make sense to you? Because you disagree? That’s harsh Man
Nah I disagree abt your argument abt Mercia saying she is not good. Yes, Mercia and guan yu are both guardians but their skillsets are different from each other. Aura-wise, an on-hit counterattack aura is different than an on-hit heal. An on-hit counterattack is an offensive manuever while an on-hit heal aims to sustain your team against damage. Skillwise, a party heal + self-shield is different from making an ally attack x times. Aside from being guardians, the utility they offer is very different. To illustrate what I mean, I don't think you would use mercia to replace guan if you plan to utilize rhea's offensive capabilities. On the other hand, guan yu won't be able to effectively support zoey ele in both her nuking power and survivability while Mercia bk does both. Basically, you consider what the heroes does for the team and not just slam some random guardian bc you want a guardian or smth.

I think you should not underestimate the mag buff. In the highest tiers, that potential 4k mag buff can mean the difference of killing a cass sin in one shot and letting her survive to cast another roulette. The small details matter a lot if you want maximum potential for your squad. Yeah, Vic BK can heal more but mercia has a dmg absorb skill that lets her allies take less damage. From my experience, that 30% dmg absorb has let my Kiera survive cassbane's skill which w/o the absorb would've killed her

Also, I didn't mean that you should care abt how AI uses your squad. I meant opposing guardians controlled by AI is dumb so ofc they will not be a threat. At present, my zhuge usually survives even against 18k atk rangers thanks to Mercia's heal and the mag buff lets her to get to the next empower benchmark. I'm still bulking her up atm so hopefully, she will soon be able to tank >20k atk crits.

ps: my zhuge is my frontline tank. She can tank those crits w/o row dmg reductions so she is quite tanky.
Last edited by Sn1v33 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.