Sn1v33

Re: I give up (Cass + Raid 2 issue)

Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:48 pm

We will be seeing this Cass set up in the upper ranks for a longtime. the Trigger Archer teams are already getting counter units but the 3 kingdom units are also premium stuff and unattainable for most people. 
 The balancing is terrible old and units are obsolete... (Rhea, and Arthur are probably the only unit to stay relevant the rest meh...) it's like they were neglected especially the Valiants, so you be forced to buy the new units. The game isn't friendly to new comers and free to play players with the OP units like the dark lords. I understand, it's business after all  but I wish they could Improve the old units and Balance the game. 

I Also notice 8-hit attack of cass and the 6-hit attack of Aladdin doesn't stop even if the return damage already killed them. Only After dealing all the 8-hit or 6-hit attack they die. 
I guess it's a limitation of the game engine, a bug or a really OP game mechanic or am i missing or overlooking something? 

Lastly, I wanna express my disappointment for Mercia, She is the weakest Darklord compared to other Darklords.  But compared to other Gaurdian Class she's okay but only in the Arena not in PVE.  
I beg to differ, I think Mercia (Blood Knight) is doing a better job than Arthur.
To add to Ferico's statement, I'm using Mercia BK in PvP and I'm already 4.3k in arathos. If you think Mercia is bad, I wonder why some of the top 20 is using Mercia. The issue is probably you don't know how to abuse her utility.

Bansky

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:53 pm

We will be seeing this Cass set up in the upper ranks for a longtime. the Trigger Archer teams are already getting counter units but the 3 kingdom units are also premium stuff and unattainable for most people.
The balancing is terrible old and units are obsolete... (Rhea, and Arthur are probably the only unit to stay relevant the rest meh...) it's like they were neglected especially the Valiants, so you be forced to buy the new units. The game isn't friendly to new comers and free to play players with the OP units like the dark lords. I understand, it's business after all  but I wish they could Improve the old units and Balance the game.

I Also notice 8-hit attack of cass and the 6-hit attack of Aladdin doesn't stop even if the return damage already killed them. Only After dealing all the 8-hit or 6-hit attack they die.
I guess it's a limitation of the game engine, a bug or a really OP game mechanic or am i missing or overlooking something?

Lastly, I wanna express my disappointment for Mercia, She is the weakest Darklord compared to other Darklords.  But compared to other Gaurdian Class she's okay but only in the Arena not in PVE.  
I beg to differ, I think Mercia (Blood Knight) is doing a better job than Arthur.
To add to Ferico's statement,  I'm using Mercia BK in PvP and I'm already 4.3k in arathos. If you think Mercia is bad, I wonder why some of the top 20 is using Mercia. The issue is probably you don't know how to abuse her utility.
Nice to see a fellow Mercia BK user.  After experimenting with various squads to death, I'm now settled with mercia BK.  Still using Dark Lord-less squad, but I am faring so much better now in arena than before with her.

Sn1v33

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:10 pm

To add to Ferico's statement,  I'm using Mercia BK in PvP and I'm already 4.3k in arathos. If you think Mercia is bad, I wonder why some of the top 20 is using Mercia. The issue is probably you don't know how to abuse her utility.
Nice to see a fellow Mercia BK user.  After experimenting with various squads to death, I'm now settled with mercia BK.  Still using Dark Lord-less squad, but I am faring so much better now in arena than before with her.
I'm also using a non-DL squad, bansky. My setup is Zhugelock, Arthur HD, MErcia BK, SW inq and Kiera RM. I barely scraped a top 30 finish last week. Without the on-spawn debuffs, the res from raid sets are honestly annoying.

Bansky

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:49 pm

I'm also using a non-DL squad, bansky. My setup is Zhugelock, Arthur HD, MErcia BK, SW inq and Kiera RM. I barely scraped a top 30 finish last week. Without the on-spawn debuffs, the res from raid sets are honestly annoying.
Yeah, without DL, it's always a struggle especially fighting in top tier arena.  But it's not insurmountable.  My squad is composed on MerciaBK, Arthur HD, ZLlock, Aden CK, and Merlock.  Fighting Rhea, Cass, and GY can be really troublesome. Because without onspawn resilience debuff, ZL cant silence GY on first round. What I do to counter this is to cast Merlin on GY just to remove resilience, and pray for ZL to silence the proper targets in succession.  It's not foolproof, but I can manage to win against this new meta to a good degree of success.

Sn1v33

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:06 am

Yeah, without DL, it's always a struggle especially fighting in top tier arena.  But it's not insurmountable.  My squad is composed on MerciaBK, Arthur HD, ZLlock, Aden CK, and Merlock.  Fighting Rhea, Cass, and GY can be really troublesome. Because without onspawn resilience debuff, ZL cant silence GY on first round. What I do to counter this is to cast Merlin on GY just to remove resilience, and pray for ZL to silence the proper targets in succession.  It's not foolproof, but I can manage to win against this new meta to a good degree of success.
Don't forget cassbane, singlad and SW inq freeze combo. The disable and nuking power of that is batsh*t crazy.

HouseofOrdos
Official Member
Official Member

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:04 am

The balancing is terrible old and units are obsolete... (Rhea, and Arthur are probably the only unit to stay relevant the rest meh...) it's like they were neglected especially the Valiants, so you be forced to buy the new units. The game isn't friendly to new comers and free to play players with the OP units like the dark lords. I understand, it's business after all  but I wish they could Improve the old units and Balance the game. 

Lastly, I wanna express my disappointment for Mercia, She is the weakest Darklord compared to other Darklords.  But compared to other Gaurdian Class she's okay but only in the Arena not in PVE.  
To add to Ferico's statement, I'm using Mercia BK in PvP and I'm already 4.3k in arathos. If you think Mercia is bad, I wonder why some of the top 20 is using Mercia. The issue is probably you don't know how to abuse her utility.
I am from Gevalon Server. Current at top 300 Crystal 3 Rank. The Top 20 here are mostly use Cassandra, Rhea, Arthur, Guan Yu, ZL warlock and Snow white and lastly trigger hex and archer squads.
I’ve encounter Mercia CK once and she was not a problem to me. More people are actually using Guan Yu paladin now because her active skill and aura is insanly good and synergize well with Rhea and archers.

Sn1v33

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:42 am

I am from Gevalon Server. Current at top 300 Crystal 3 Rank. The Top 20 here are mostly use Cassandra, Rhea, Arthur, Guan Yu, ZL warlock and Snow white and lastly trigger hex and archer squads.
I’ve encounter Mercia CK once and she was not a problem to me. More people are actually using Guan Yu paladin now because her active skill and aura is insanly good and synergize well with Rhea and archers.
If we are simply talking about ranks, currently I am rank 29 in arathos server and above 4.3k. I fight the top and most fed squads in PvP. Mercia CK appeared in top 20 for a short while but Guan Yu was released so yeah. I also know from experience that a fed cass, guan yu and rhea are a nightmare to deal with especially since I am using a defensively-inclined squad.

By using your same argument, can I say that rangers are garbage because I almost never lose to them? Doesn't mean that you have no issues facing that particular hero is tantamount to them being useless. You most likely just have the tools to deal with her effectively and guardian AI is wonky tbh. 

Silmeria

Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:56 pm

Mercia BK is very good for raid 2 boss 2.
The game is slowly giving you various PvE style, so you can utilize mystics, healers and guardians more. And she's not a dark lord but dark disciple. Compared to other dark disciples she's actually quite good. And her first copy is basically free to get.

Well there are people coming up with strategies to win 75% against cassandra regardless of coin flip.
So you should research on them.
75% is already good for me because no team should win 100% of the time.

HouseofOrdos
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:26 pm

If we are simply talking about ranks, currently I am rank 29 in arathos server and above 4.3k. I fight the top and most fed squads in PvP. Mercia CK appeared in top 20 for a short while but Guan Yu was released so yeah. I also know from experience that a fed cass, guan yu and rhea are a nightmare to deal with especially since I am using a defensively-inclined squad.

By using your same argument, can I say that rangers are garbage because I almost never lose to them? Doesn't mean that you have no issues facing that particular hero is tantamount to them being useless. You most likely just have the tools to deal with her effectively and guardian AI is wonky tbh. 
Rangers and Gaurdians have different roles. Rangers are designed to deal damage not withstand blows. i can win against rangers too but not without a casualty they either hurt my units badly or take out 1 or 2 of my units. ranger are damage dealers! they Excell in damage dealing and triggering department and because of you have to set up your squad in a certain wat and need to have a certain unit to counter their endless trigger. You don’t even need to counter mercia she isn’t even a threat. AI usually ignores Gaurdians and focus on squishy units so Gaurdians is mostly useful for their protection aura.

In short:
I beat ranger because i have to set my squad to counter them, i beat mercia without even a counter unit or counter squad for her. So there, the context of argument

Gaurdians are designed to take punishment but since AI would prefer to pick off weaker units them tanking isn’t really a main role anymore. Gaurdians are only useful if they have a really good protective or retaliatory aura. Return damage, absorb damage and damage reduction aura for me are the most useful aura for a Gaurdians.

Mercia would have been really good if her aura was
Like 100% to return 40% damage when adjacent ally is hit. Return damage is a death sentence to Rangers and Shadows. Shadow like cass and aladin would be kill them self with return damage especially if they Crit.

Mercia bk has heal and increase mag but there are other attainable Gaurdians that has similar aura. Yeah Mercia BK has a good active skill but i rather have snow white AB for her slot or a guan Yu pl.
Mercia CK also has a good active skill useful for breaking formations or taking the mid tile but her aura is just mediocre stat boost aura are one of the worst auras in my opinion.

She is good depending on your strategy, to me she is plain bad. Her are my other reasons
1. Her aura BK or CK is not that special there are other attainable gaurdians with the same aura. Leon, Victoria and Faye.
2.Her skill maybe good but I didn’t play PVP to take the center tile. I play pvp to kill every opponent. Hence I’ll have my tanks protect Rhea from an Archer onehit kill. Arthur PL + Guan Yu can effectively buffer off 70% incoming damage from rhea. Mercia BK has heal but Heal isn’t effective in the Arena unless she has 20k hp but even that still only heal 2000 HP and that’s it counting arena’s reduce heal. Def doesn’t scale well against ATK and CRIT so i would definitely go Auras that has damage reduction or damage absorb.
3. She is hard to limit break unlike Leon, Victoria and Faye. unless you are really luck with the gem summons and were able to pull mercia consistently. Although not necessary limit breaking your hero will still give you an edge in PVP

Sn1v33

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:03 pm

Rangers and Gaurdians have different roles. Rangers are designed to deal damage not withstand blows. i can win against rangers too but not without a casualty they either hurt my units badly or take out 1 or 2 of my units. ranger are damage dealers! they Excell in damage dealing and triggering department and because of you have to set up your squad in a certain wat and need to have a certain unit to counter their endless trigger. You don’t even need to counter mercia she isn’t even a threat. AI usually ignores Gaurdians and focus on squishy units so Gaurdians is mostly useful for their protection aura.

In short:
I beat ranger because i have to set my squad to counter them, i beat mercia without even a counter unit or counter squad for her. So there, the context of argument

Gaurdians are designed to take punishment but since AI would prefer to pick off weaker units them tanking isn’t really a main role anymore. Gaurdians are only useful if they have a really good protective or retaliatory aura. Return damage, absorb damage and damage reduction aura for me are the most useful aura for a Gaurdians.

Mercia would have been really good if her aura was
Like 100% to return 40% damage when adjacent ally is hit. Return damage is a death sentence to Rangers and Shadows. Shadow like cass and aladin would be kill them self with return damage especially if they Crit.

Mercia bk has heal and increase mag but there are other attainable Gaurdians that has similar aura. Yeah Mercia BK has a good active skill but i rather have snow white AB for her slot or a guan Yu pl.
Mercia CK also has a good active skill useful for breaking formations or taking the mid tile but her aura is just mediocre stat boost aura are one of the worst auras in my opinion.

She is good depending on your strategy, to me she is plain bad. Her are my other reasons
1. Her aura BK or CK is not that special there are other attainable gaurdians with the same aura. Leon, Victoria and Faye.
2.Her skill maybe good but I didn’t play PVP to take the center tile. I play pvp to kill every opponent. Hence I’ll have my tanks protect Rhea from an Archer onehit kill. Arthur PL + Guan Yu can effectively buffer off 70% incoming damage from rhea. Mercia BK has heal but Heal isn’t effective in the Arena unless she has 20k hp but even that still only heal 2000 HP and that’s it counting arena’s reduce heal. Def doesn’t scale well against ATK and CRIT so i would definitely go Auras that has damage reduction or damage absorb.
3. She is hard to limit break unlike Leon, Victoria and Faye. unless you are really luck with the gem summons and were able to pull mercia consistently. Although not necessary limit breaking your hero will still give you an edge in PVP
Guardians have terrible AI. They are easy food in PvP if AI controls them. It's simple as that. They usually move and break formation and they are not designed to deal damage like you said so you are under no threat against most guardians, obviously. And btw, you are underestimating her mag buff to her allies. You don't realize that a mercia bk with high investment can feed ~4k mag to her mystic allies. You don't even use Mercia BK yet you're calling her bad lmfao.

You yourself also mentioned she is good depending on strategy but most lineups have their own strategy. Would a guan yu and 4k atk mystic be a good combo if you are going to use that 4k atk mystic to be procced by guan's aura? Ofc not. It's simply bc guardians have a trash AI so. I don't think Guan yu herself is the threat but it's the allies she can use which makes her threatening lol. Tell me if Guan Yu pala is threatening if she is alone/her attacking allies are dead.

The thing is, you're only seeing Mercia BK as an opponent, not considering how you can use her if you are her controller lol. Having a squad that the AI can use effectively isn't exactly a must in PvP since you gain no points if AI wins using your squad.

And btw, your argument is nonsense abt comparing guan yu and Mercia. They do different things. It's like comparing SW and Rhea. There is no point comparing them since they do different things.