Cassiel
Topic Author

Please consider removing inactive guilds to help new players finding active guilds

Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:24 pm

4 months ago we had a rookie joined the guild. And he exclaimed in joy that he finally found an active guild.

I didnt pay attention much back then. But yesterday for some reason, i wanna see how some old guilds in Everglades are doing (still playing or become inactive). By doing that, i discover that almost all guilds shown when searching some word have become inactive. It can clearly be indicated now coz the devs reset skill point when they released conquest beta. So all inactive guilds’ max number of members have turned back to 12 while the members they have are a lot more (e.g. 35/12).

I think this is very bad situation and something must be done. When new players start the game, the game should help them filter active guilds so they can continue playing and growing in this game. If all guilds that they apply to are inactive or if almost all guilds shown after many refreshes are inactive guilds, this will end up causing new players to quit the game.

The devs already create problem by creating too many servers and spreading VF population thin. I think the devs should at least do something to facilitate new players for the longevity of the game. Please remove all inactive guilds so that new players have easier time finding a home (it should clearly be seen after guild skill points reset). And players that are still in the guild with inactive GM will move to new home as well. Help grouping activity and reduce the number of inactive guilds to prevent new players getting the impression that this game is abandoned and there is hardly any active guild.

Silmeria

Re: Please consider removing inactive guilds to help new players finding active guilds

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:39 pm

Inactive guild doesn't mean that it's not used.
Some inactive guilds were used to split back then for raid 1.
Removing inactive guild also seems to be a bad idea Imo, since leveling guild is hard and there's a slim probability of people coming back to the game...

Well, if a player is seriously looking for a guild, s/he would search in various community platforms, like FB, Line, Reddit, and Discord. So it's back to player's effort itself.

But it's back to the basic problem about In-game Communication features, they're so bad to the point of almost nobody using it.
VF should implement a Guild Recruitment board screen where people can post their guild recruitment ads, like how it is in other games.

Cassiel
Topic Author

Re: Please consider removing inactive guilds to help new players finding active guilds

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:35 am

Inactive guild doesn't mean that it's not used.
Some inactive guilds were used to split back then for raid 1.
Removing inactive guild also seems to be a bad idea Imo, since leveling guild is hard and there's a slim probability of people coming back to the game...

Well, if a player is seriously looking for a guild, s/he would search in various community platforms, like FB, Line, Reddit, and Discord. So it's back to player's effort itself.

But it's back to the basic problem about In-game Communication features, they're so bad to the point of almost nobody using it.
VF should implement a Guild Recruitment board screen where people can post their guild recruitment ads, like how it is in other games.
Its not a good idea at all if we try to protect interest of ppl that quit instead of caring for the interest of ppl that play. If quit player returns and finds their guild is inactive or removed, they can easily find an active guild with better filter system. There is no point playing alone in high lv dead guild.

About a few guild using inactive guild as a tool to split members for better raid 1 rewards, i think u have a conflict of interest because your guild uses this method. I will refrain from making an opinion on this issue.

I think u also know the game itself lack facility for players when u mentioned about in-game communication. But i think its wrong to go tell ppl to find something they should be able to find outside the game. Its like going to a place with so many products and when u ask for the list of products, ur told to walk 3 blocks away to see the list and pictures (that someone who is not the owner makes it) while the owner of the place should have one. Thats of course not how u deal with customers if u want long term business.

Not all guilds in Everglades recruit low lv. Many guilds set conditions (explicitly or inexplicitly) and only hunt for high lv players. So i think its also wrong to not facilitate new/low lv players to find active guilds that they can grow and have ppl to play with. It will just shorten their lives in game. Some new guild that can group and play together since low lv can grow and become big guild. Or when some new guild eventually dies out, players will move on. Many guilds in this game want mature players but currently there is not enough supporting facility to help new players. One day there will be no mature players for top guilds to cherry pick as well.

There is also a compromised way to protect the conflict of interest area as well. Like the guild that has been inactive for more than specific period will be removed for better filter. This way your other guild that is used as tool wont fall into this category coz such guild will be used every 2 weeks.