Fenicks719
Topic Author

The lore behind all jobs.

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:00 pm

It would be interesting if there is a page devote to the lore behind each job. Whats the story behind the gladiator? What kind of things that a mystic see that bestow them the ability to control time (mind warder)? Where is this hidden ninja village that shadows have to find? What the hell happened during the training to become a berserker (the girls become more badass while Vincent become like uncle)?

Maybe someone can write some fanfiction about this. I will when I have time but it would be interesting to see anyone else's input on it.

ashenwind

Re: The lore behind all jobs.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:39 am

Based on their name and what they actually do, I don't think the mind warder actually tinkers with time. More like, they are manipulating their opponent's mind, causing them to be forgetful/very distracted/disillusioned, thus explaining the delay in the skill cooldown.

Rune Magus is probably the closest to what we usually call 'Battle Mage'. They are mages who also train their body (considering their higher ATK and DEF compared to all other mystic branches) though this doesn't mean they forget to sharpen their trade on arcane department. They act as the second line of defense, repelling enemies that strays to close to the archers or other mytics, as well as supporting their companions with array of strengthening spells or some additional fire power.

Each class path basically branches to what I think a honorable path and the dishonorable path. It's quite easy to perceive that being a warlord will be more honorable than being a berserker, right? Though this doesn't apply to the inherently good-natured class branch like crusader and priest (also perhaps Archers since the differences in both class branch is merely their weapon preference. Well unless the use of guns and rifles is actually banned by the kingdom)

Due to their practice on tinkering with people mind, I can only concluded that Mind warder is the dishonorable branch of the spell breakers, while the rune magus is the honorable path seeing their skill set is more toward support than aggression

As for Invoker and Spell Breaker, I suppose the former is the one inventing newer arts of magic under the support and protection of royal kingdom (thus legally acclaimed, explaining their more 'classy' outfit), while the latter is an opposition group seeking way to defend against the magical threat (thus might be seen as radical faction.) I can hardly sees spell breakers as government approved group judging from their costume design (which portray them looking rogue-like, except for Ronan). Rune Magus is probably their attempt to show that their group's presence can also prove to be beneficial to the kingdom.

Shadows can be perceived as a sword wielding warriors who relies on swiftness more than brute force. The class becomes somewhat defamed outside Kalryn (the homeland of all shadows with Japanese-styled name) due to the fact that most of them usually deal with the shady part of society (spying, murder, etc). This might be why the higher class branches are not available to others that weren't originated from Kalryn. We can also assume that, in Kalryn, Shadows is their very own version of Champion.

Both samurai and ninja can be considered as the honorable path (as, considering the name, both supposedly have a fixed lord that they serve, and their skillset is more toward support role, with samurai offering coordinated attack with others and ninja is more toward espionage behind enemy line, less toward murder though they still do so), while magebane and assassin is the dishonorable path (the former choose to remain free without lord (judging from how they dress themselves), while the latter choose an even more revolting and despicable method of killing than their counterpart)

Just leaving this little theory-crafting here for now. Might make another for the remaining classes.

ashenwind

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:18 pm

Both Lancer and Slayer seems to be decent and to-look-toward class, as both most likely affiliated with the military. Grunt or foot soldier at best, but still a better position in social hierarchy. Some lancers are geared toward fighting enemies normally unreachable or for laying surprise attack to the the back row, by passing enemy defense line with a sky-high jumping attack. This kind of lancers are usually taught by dragon slayers, as this jumping technique is the distinctive feat of a dragon slayer.

The battle on arena seems to be done as team fight, seeing the gladiators who fight in it has abilities that allow them to shine better in combat if there are companions on their side. However, I presume that the gladiator's skill and aura is based more on Phalanx, instead of true 'gladiator' (I suppose if it concerns true gladiator, it should be somewhere along the line triggering something when they attack/defeat their enemy). Should they are enlisted to fight in a war, then the gladiators will most likely be placed under one same platoon as they can work more effectively together. Though, in a way it's some sort of discrimination from the higher ups, not wanting to meld their knights with the 'rowdy' and 'barbaric' arena gladiators.

The Dragoons are warriors prepared as a means to fight dragons and similar monstrosity. They are capable of subduing even the fiercest of beast with their lance strikes, as well as reaching places most normal close-ranged fighters would have trouble to get to  with their distinctive jumping technique. As this technique itself is exclusive to those who learned the art of dragon slaying, Dragoons are not that many in amount, as dragon slayers tend to keep their technique to their own family or only for those whose valor they've approved of. Since they are equally lethal in a fight against human beings, coupled with their short quantity, Dragoons are usually treated as elites among Military personnel. (thus explains their gaudy armor compared to the gladiators)

ashenwind

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:58 pm

When I saw the preview of the new hero (Drake), I was thinking, "Oh, they actually made the aura something that resembles a true gladiator."

Now that he is different from the sneak peek, I have a mixed feeling about the current change..

Anyway,

let's continue.

Many people might wonder why Berserkers always have white hair. Why the girls remain good looking while the one and only male berserker looks like old man (compared to his other incarnation)? There might be lots of way for this to happen. Perhaps due to their method of drawing power from within themselves taxes their body so much that overuse cause the loss of hair pigment? Perhaps it quicken their aging process?

Well, the technique they use might've caused their hair to permanently turn gray. As for why Vincent looks like angry old man, I can only theorize that the way of berserkers might requires the practitioners to act like wild animals. Females rarely have facial hairs other than eyebrows and eyelashes, so they can go for months without worrying about having to shave. Vincent? Imagine how much beard and moustache he had accumulated during those months of learning the way without shaving at all? :lol:

Munilet

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:25 am

When I saw the preview of the new hero (Drake), I was thinking, "Oh, they actually made the aura something that resembles a true gladiator."

Now that he is different from the sneak peek, I have a mixed feeling about the current change..

Anyway,

let's continue.

Many people might wonder why Berserkers always have white hair. Why the girls remain good looking while the one and only male berserker looks like old man (compared to his other incarnation)? There might be lots of way for this to happen. Perhaps due to their method of drawing power from within themselves taxes their body so much that overuse cause the loss of hair pigment? Perhaps it quicken their aging process?

Well, the technique they use might've caused their hair to permanently turn gray. As for why Vincent looks like angry old man, I can only theorize that the way of berserkers might requires the practitioners to act like wild animals. Females rarely have facial hairs other than eyebrows and eyelashes, so they can go for months without worrying about having to shave. Vincent? Imagine how much beard and moustache he had accumulated during those months of learning the way without shaving at all? :lol:
Woah nice!

And about Berserker..
Vincent had HP reduction instead of DEF, that's mean Freya and Leah still better at possesses their technique..
Imagine, in battle - Freya and Leah going crazy in fight without thinking anything..
They don't even care if enemies hurting them, this is called DEF reduction..
And Vincent, he had more control with his mind in battle..
He isn't just cleave anything in front of his eye, but also withstand enemies sword come to his body..
But, his body cannot hold so much power like Freya and Leah does..
So it give he damage and risk his body..
XD

Fenicks719
Topic Author

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:56 am

I think the berserkers are like Gouki in Street Fighter, where he practices the Satsui no Hadou to the point of insanity, causing their hair to grow like super sayans.

ashenwind

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:00 pm

I think I must correct my own theory about mind warder. After looking through their active skills, some of them really do have some connection with time. Plus, those wheel rolling behind them most likely represents the symbol of wheel of time.This makes me wonder why they named the class 'mind warder' when there is only one person, among the currently three who are capable of ascending to this class, comes with ability that relate to mind (Mind Warder Ronan's aura Mental Break).

But I still stand with my theory that this class is a less honorable side compared to Rune Magus. Mind Warder Zedd's aura imply that he can manipulate space to better accommodate himself and his allies. Kiera's aura imply the harsh and vicious mentality of a mind warder that will take revenge upon his/her enemies without so much hesitation. While Ronan's aura imply the ability to invade other people's mind with magic. All of those, coupled with the ability to bend time, is usually borderline taboo practice to an upright mage.

Mikut

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:25 am

I would like to leave my input , although its short i would like to leave it all to imagination.

Chaos Knight: Succumbed to chaos and uses it's powers to sow confusion on the enemy. 
Blood Knight: A even more twisted version of a knight that enjoy's blood and uses it in battle.

Gunslinger: Now i imagine these guys like some wild west gang, but it doesnt exactly fit their lore that well. They are skilled and fight using dirty tricks, stuns, silences, sleeps. Hence they have all the status debuffs.
Sharpshooter: Again vagabonds, but they are more focused , something like snipers. They also draw power from others; infact they wait for the perfect chance, while their ally's lead the fight (hence they get stat buffs from people in their auras.).

Grand Ranger: Servants of the kingdom, and experts in fighting using bows. 
Royal Hunstsman: Something like the equivelent of Sharpshooters but more loyal to the kingdom, since they have all those high military class outfits, and noble postures. Also experts in misguiding and using their teammates to their advantage.

Elementalists: Mystics that have started to live with spirits and use their powers to help their friends, now this might change with the introduction of the summoning mechanic where they might summon elementals.

These are all the classes that i met with and that i know by heart, although i might add more to this, since i really enjoy thinking about this :).