ashenwind

Re: New Characters: Elves

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:40 pm

The thing about Rhea Dragoon is, if her aura activates, it gives her a shield, preventing her hp to be reduced further. Unless she is attacked multiple times within one turn, it's impossible for her to activate her aura more than once per turn. Moreover, she's melee, even during CF. In order for her aura to activate and make her hard to kill, 1. she has to be in the melee range to be able to hit her enemy. 2, the attack MUST not kill her. 3, the attack must not stun her.

Moreover, her CF makes her detaches herself from formation, meaning she won't be able to make full use of her aura unless she's in melee range and is fighting against mega boss or immovable unit.

I've been meeting several team with Rhea Dragoon on arena. Each time she jumped one of my squad member, she'll die next turn without being able to utilize her aura or CF on-attack skill due to being attacked by an atk talent Leon (plus AI somehow seems to always choose the same unit every single time I fought her). I imagine any other high attack unit can do the same. This is because she's still fairly squishy even after entering CF.

Also, about her CF on-attack skill refreshing herself, it is limited to 2 refreshes. Once she did the third manual attack and got out of CF, the refresh somehow got cancelled too.
There is also some problem when activating CF against non-mega boss type or non-immovable type enemies. It flung the target to a random tile, sometimes very far away from the point of origin. Sometimes making her waste her AP due to having to move to re-approach the enemy

Against mega-boss and immovable enemies, she won't even jump and simply enter CF (without dealing damage as it will be resisted by the target). This means she has to be on melee range before activating CF in order to make full use of it. Similar to Freya Berserker.

If anything, she's only winning in term of survivability and the quick availability of her burst damage. But her total dps will probably still sit slightly under Berserker Freya if the battle goes to the point when Freya is able to use her skill.

In my opinion, she's like a pierce hero version of berserker. With a bonus where she actually can be more durable than both normal Dragoon and Berserker. Her melee range and jump simply balanced her out.

She's good, I give you that. But not as good as the gladiator counterpart.

Silmeria

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:55 pm

A decently equipped rhea will hit 12k atk pretty easily, and with celestial form it will be close to 15k.
Her energy shield will be 80% of attack which is around 12k, That's enough to withstand a few hit.
And because she has used her skill she will be surrounded by at least 2 unit nearby.
If you manage to at least trigger 2 unit to attack her in a single turn she will be dead.
If not, she can attack the next turn, triggering her healing 30% of atk (which is around 4500). and increasing her hp to above 50%.
Back row units are usually weak and with her 15k atk she can kill one unit.
Now if you use someone to attack her she will trigger her aura and counter attack, killing another unit and healing herself (again).
Those who can withstand her are guardians which only encourage people to build guardian teams.
Ranger, healer and mystic will be 1-hit killed by her and she can heal, shield, and refresh her own self continuously unless you can kill her in a single turn,
She has a great sustainability with her aura and celestial form skill which is OP for me.

Now that is with decent equipment. now imagine 18k atk rhea with 15k hp shield and 5400 healing per hit.

Meanwhile you can only hope to get Freya randomly from Valiant tickets... rendering Freya way harder to limit break and weaker unless you're lucky enough to get her again and again.
And also, her 20% stats boost are from total stats. while valiants 20% extra stats are only from base stats... 

Btw this is strictly PvP. Because i'm comparing her to Freya Dragoon as Dragoon is also good for PvP.

ashenwind

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:21 pm

As I previously said, I've been able to easily deal with any Rhea Dragoon that jumped to my squad pretty easily because she dies in a single attack from an atk talent BK Leon. If she dies in single attack, she won't be able to activate her aura at all. If she is stunned, she won't be able to activates her aura too.

Yes, she killed my GS Gwen when she jumped and fling Gwen away, but she also die on the next turn. Alas, I'm not foolish enough to hit her with my other archer. I'd rather use Kane to trigger Leon to kill mid-laner after he's done with Rhea.

But yes, If I use mystic-guardian team, or pure archer team (none of them are lb-ed or talented), I might've given up already once I saw Rhea Dragoon.

In a way, her jumping CF activation is one of her weakness. It's good when it's player controlled, but losing function if used by AI.

If compared to Freya Dragoon, I actually fear her too. Mainly because I can't immediately kill her after she jumped, and that she usually kill off one more victim since she refresh herself after jump. Her being placed usually on the back corner doesn't help either. But yes, Rhea Dragoon has more survivability if used well.

In term of pve, as I also previously said, her quickness and her durability against anything that can't disable or one-shot her are the two things that makes her better than Freya. But in terms of DPS and ease of use, a berserker Freya still does better. More because Freya Berserker can activates her aura through the attack of a non-attack trigger unit, and her immense attack buff can potentially deal a lot more than Rhea Dragoon can deal in two CF activations.

I've also mentioned about Rhea Dragoon's shortcomings in my previous post, which pretty much balance her out. I've tested her out on both case of mega boss and normal enemies. Feel free to test it out yourself if you don't believe me.

About availability, it's all RNG. You can only guarantee getting Rhea during this event through event hero selector. After that, it's all back in the hand of luck.

Silmeria

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:02 pm

I do read and understand your point.
What I'm pointing is only strictly PvP because in my perspective, just like Sven Berserker, she can potentially be cancerous with the correct setting and I don't want players experience the same disappointment like what I experienced with Sven Berserker.
Getting too OP in PvP, complained, and nerfed later.
Also tipping the PvP balance, resulting in all formation using her and limiting diversity.
Because any nerf affect all aspect of this game, which might just hurt her performance in PvE.

Well her availability might just be covered by ladder alone because top 100 players in ladder are also top players in 3600+ bracket in arena.

This is just my perspective, because her presence alone beat the hell out of my already weak Mystics, also she can be built with Zeus and Trinity suffixes to ensure she does not get one shotted and that's just enough to destroy the whole squad in the end game situation.

ashenwind

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:13 am

She's indeed a bane for mystic-guardian team  :lol:

But against a decent full archer trigger or pure tank team with several percival set equipped, I don't think she can do so much. Either she died before activating CF, or unable to deal substantial damage at all.

Not that a lot of things can defeat archer trigger or tank team anyway. But if properly TPed, I think she can put a dent on a tank team rather reliably. Rhea Dragoon also seems to be tailor made to be a soft counter for archers if she's surrounded by allied archers (or other heavy damage ranged attacker).

In case of more availability on ladder, not everyone can get her through ladder, thus why I said the only definite way to get her is through the current hero selector.

A lot of people complaining about Sven was mostly because almost everyone has him :lol:

Silmeria

Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:22 pm

Also because of how long the balancing took after the release of Sven.
If they're consistent about rhea it's fine but if she's nerfed after 3 months... Prepare for complain waves lol.