Sn1v33

Re: 2018 Roadmap

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Lol at how they cast the nerf hammer to SDD while turning a blind eye to rangers. If I understood correctly, only SDD teams are subjected to reduced multiple triggers and not rangers/healers triggers?

Furthermore, this game has lots of unresolved bugs runnin for months now but since fixing those won't generate profit, they'd much rather invent more "innovations" that could do it. Lol is all I can say.

Ruminate

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:20 pm

As a turn based tactics game, we hope to see more variety and style in which players overcome challenges, instead of using an SDD setup to clear all content.

There is a glaring problem with that statement. Raids are not actually turn based. Its easy to figure this out because raids are all about DPS (damage per second) and not DPT (damage per turn). It is more important to minimize anything that is detrimental to time such as player response time and animations. SDD teams minimize both, which is why they're so effective with worse equipment compared to other team setups with superior equipment.

If you want raids to be actual turn based tactics, then remove the 6 minute countdown and implement a X turn countdown like the gold mine daily.

Sn1v33

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:23 pm

As a turn based tactics game, we hope to see more variety and style in which players overcome challenges, instead of using an SDD setup to clear all content.

There is a glaring problem with that statement. Raids are not actually turn based. Its easy to figure this out because raids are all about DPS (damage per second) and not DPT (damage per turn). It is more important to minimize anything that is detrimental to time such as player response time and animations. SDD teams minimize both, which is why they're so effective with worse equipment compared to other team setups with superior equipment.

If you want raids to be actual turn based tactics, then remove the 6 minute countdown and implement a X turn countdown like the gold mine daily.
+1 for this. I like this suggestion.

Ruminate

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Lol at how they cast the nerf hammer to SDD while turning a blind eye to rangers. If I understood correctly, only SDD teams are subjected to reduced multiple triggers and not rangers/healers triggers?

Furthermore, this game has lots of unresolved bugs runnin for months now but since fixing those won't generate profit, they'd much rather invent more "innovations" that could do it. Lol is all I can say.
As far as i'm aware, aura triggers already suffer from diminishing returns the higher the trigger count gets. Rangers could extend the trigger chain indefinately if they use a double strike rune because it resets the count everytime the rune activates.

Sn1v33

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:42 pm

As far as i'm aware, aura triggers already suffer from diminishing returns the higher the trigger count gets. Rangers could extend the trigger chain indefinately if they use a double strike rune because it resets the count everytime the rune activates.
Not really as rangers could hit possibly 18-20k. An aura trigger from Kane at 80% and Gwen at 85% iirc means ~15-16k ATK which would still hit like a truck when it crits. I doubt any guardian could reach 25k DEF w/o auras so crits would still hurt them a lot. Double strike runes only make them ever more vicious but a square formation already feels broken even w/o the double strike rune. Those crits would especially hurt versus mystics who could hardly reach 10k DEF when maxxed out. In addition, rangers could start rampaging at turn 1 while mystics could only do so every time their skills are off CD.

All that is even made worse with RRH adding hex damage for skill damage. I'd expect her to replace GS Cybella as she is a full upgrade of her.
Last edited by Sn1v33 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iCantPlayDiz
Official Member
Official Member

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:47 pm

I'm not too pleased with all these new changes as a new player.
For the past 3 months ive been struggling to catch up / make a decent and useable team in the game.
The game has so many customizable variations to a unit/hero that the investment that it takes is insane.
Now that I've figured out what I should be working on in a squad, you guys are going to change it up again. 
I agree with some things like SW being too strong but it really annoys me that I'm not sure if I should go for a trigger squad now or an SDD squad because all these changes dont explicitly say Squad X isnt going to work anymore. 
That said, if the investments I make turn out to be worthless useless, I'll just quit the game. Because where is the fun in catching up if there is never an option in catching up.
Might as well find a game where I can start from scratch in who doesnt pull this tom foolery.

So I really hope you consider wisely what your next steps as a game and team are going to be.
Tip for new players: Ignore everything and focus on building 3 crit-max archers along with 1 strong champion & 1 strong shadow. Once you have that, then start playing the game. If u try to do everything, u end up accomplishing nothing.

This game is very punishing for new players as growing heroes take too long and content changes too fast.
Which is what im currently doing.
I have a Limit broken Assassin Kai, Working on either Freya Berserker or Rhea Gladiator
As for archers, currently focussing on my Kane / RRH and my 3rd archer ill see 

Sn1v33

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:51 pm

I'm not too pleased with all these new changes as a new player.
For the past 3 months ive been struggling to catch up / make a decent and useable team in the game.
The game has so many customizable variations to a unit/hero that the investment that it takes is insane.
Now that I've figured out what I should be working on in a squad, you guys are going to change it up again. 
I agree with some things like SW being too strong but it really annoys me that I'm not sure if I should go for a trigger squad now or an SDD squad because all these changes dont explicitly say Squad X isnt going to work anymore. 
That said, if the investments I make turn out to be worthless useless, I'll just quit the game. Because where is the fun in catching up if there is never an option in catching up.
Might as well find a game where I can start from scratch in who doesnt pull this tom foolery.

So I really hope you consider wisely what your next steps as a game and team are going to be.
Tip for new players: Ignore everything and focus on building 3 crit-max archers along with 1 strong champion & 1 strong shadow. Once you have that, then start playing the game. If u try to do everything, u end up accomplishing nothing.

This game is very punishing for new players as growing heroes take too long and content changes too fast.
Which is what im currently doing.
I have a Limit broken Assassin Kai, Working on either Freya Berserker or Rhea Gladiator
As for archers, currently focussing on my Kane / RRH and my 3rd archer ill see 
Rhea is a good investment, I'm telling you. She imo is the best champion and maybe the only relevant one, tbh.

Ruminate

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:55 pm

Not really as rangers could hit possibly 18-20k. An aura trigger from Kane at 80% and Gwen at 85% iirc means ~15-16k ATK which would still hit like a truck when it crits. I doubt any guardian could reach 25k DEF w/o auras so crits would still hurt them a lot. Double strike runes only make them ever more vicious but a square formation already feels broken even w/o the double strike rune. Those crits would especially hurt versus mystics who could hardly reach 10k DEF when maxxed out. In addition, rangers could start rampaging at turn 1 while mystics could only do so every time their skills are off CD.
Okay, but your statement was, "If I understood correctly, only SDD teams are subjected to reduced multiple triggers and not rangers/healers triggers?".
The fact that the crit cap can easily be reached without an opposing mechanic to counterbalance it is a different matter entirely.

Sn1v33

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Okay, but your statement was, "If I understood correctly, only SDD teams are subjected to reduced multiple triggers and not rangers/healers triggers?".
The fact that the crit cap can easily be reached without an opposing mechanic to counterbalance it is a different matter entirely.
I guess the nerfing of DS can affect trigger teams but I think in the bigger picture, trigger teams could make do w/o double strike runes while SDD teams are heavily nerfed by the reduced triggers as more triggers occur. I can imagine some raid lineups being essentially dead after the implementation. Furthermore, controlling raid mechanics is largely controllable by the devs(changing stats as an example) which is the only place SDD teams can shine. Meanwhile, PvP is something more player-based. The only control they have is the base stats of a hero and almost all other things are up to the player. Given that trigger teams are effective in all PvP, PvE and raid simultaneously while SDDs are really only for raid and maybe PvE, why did the devs give little consideration against trigger teams?

Anyway, I'll read it again and maybe I can understand.it better.

Edit: So only specific skill runes take the nerf. It's an ample nerf to SDD and an insignificant nerf to rangers. I still think they should implement this for aura triggers altogether so rangers/healers don't hit 20+ triggers.

WildmVtt
Official Member
Official Member

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

I agree with the p2p f2p issues here. Also with the raid 2 balance so that it wont be another sdd. Im still reluctant to give up on you vf. Win me back please. Also I've been supporting you alot before, spent so much i reached prestige 9. But with the release of cassandra and all your other p2w features, i felt like the game lost its fun. Which made me not wantto spend in this game anymore. Valiant force is a great game but i guess it got tainted by greed.