iCantPlayDiz
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Quite a few questions from a new player:)

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:33 am

Hey everyone!

So, I started...two days ago. I couldnt really find an "easy" guide explaining things for newbies.
So I went to youtube and looked up a few things. Though they were mostly about how to spend gold etc, how to build town, this still leaves me with quite a few questions.

To start off, first things first.
I'm currently level 24. Joined a random dutch Guild (iridiscence?). Did two 400 Gem Summons. 
In my town, I have a Goldmine 12/12. Armorsmith 8/8. Workers Hut 12/12 ( this was a quarry but Workers hut is better in the early game) and recently build a Bazar 1/1. Havent done much Arena, currently @ rank 1300. Storywise I'm at around Heroic 10-1. Currently also have around, 500k Gold. 
-Is this set up as good as it gets for now? Townwise that is? What should I plan ahead for? 
-Should I focus on Arena alot as well? If yes, why? 
-What should I use the arena points on?

SquadWise I have a few questions as well. 
General questions about leveling units: 
-Should you always max out their skill abilities?
-How should I proceed equipment wise? I have a few 3/4* Equipment and only 1 5* Equipment (weapon for Healer) how much should I upgrade?
A youtube guide said that blue gear can be good for quite a while if I upgrade it to +15. 
-What should a "good squad look like?" I've read something about SDD archer squads? What are those?

My current/most used Squad is the following.
Natalia 4* - Crusader     +  Aaron 4* + 1 - Marksman   - Empty Spot
Leon 4* - Zealot +1   -  Teresa 4* + 2 - Priest  - Empty Spot
Empty Spot             -  Kane 3* + 2 - Archer    - Empty Spot

I'm almost done saving with enough Emblems to make Kane 4*. I've read that he should go the Hunter route - Grandranger?
Just to be certain, I'll list their Aura's as well.
Aaron has Concusive Critical II 
Natalia has Healing Riposte II
Kane has aura of Precision (though this isnt being used now)
Leon has Lifedrain Aura II 
Teresa has Combat Aid II.

Other units that I have pulled that can grow into 4 or 5* are follows
Another Aaron - Marksman 4*
Another Aaron - Archer  3* (can go 4)
Gryphon Lord - 4*
Fiona - Slayer 4* 
Dante - Lancer 4*
Taegen - Mage 3*   (can go 5)
Leandra - Mage 3*  ( can go 5)
Luna 3* - Archer 3* (can go 4)
Theia 3* - Acolyte (can go 5*)
Claude 3* - Acolyte ( can go 4*)
Kristoph 3* - Mage ( can go 4*)
Rin 3*  - Thief ( can go 4*)  I have two of her.
Kai 3* - Thief (can go 5*)
Silvia/Fiona (twice) /Dante - 3* Warrior (can go 3*)
Ralph 3* - Knight (can go 4*) 
I also have a bunch of 3*'s who cant go further.

Questions
-So obviously all of the 5* potential units have to be trained. What is the best way to train them? Should I just burn exp potions on them while using the "main team" or do it in another way?
-Should I be using the 3/4* potential units? 
-How do you optimize using Warrior/Thief units? For now they mostly instantly die. 
-Knowing what I have, how should I "build" the 5* potential units? 

For now, I have these questions which are quite alot. 
Any feedback / info on any question that you can answer would be appreciated so I can understand the game better.

Cheers!

Nekonase
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Quite a few questions from a new player:)

Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:01 am

-Is this set up as good as it gets for now? Townwise that is? What should I plan ahead for? 
Yes, this setup is good for now. Continue investing in gold mine since you need a lot of gold at the early stage. Armorsmith is also good since it's the place that provides you with your 5* armor until you can farm the event 5* armor, you will need a quarry to supplement it but you do not need it so early yet. Worker hut is important as it shorten the time you need to upgrade castle. You should keep it till you build your gem cavern. Marketplace/bazaar, tavern(the one that gives job crest) and wishing well are something you would like to build when they are available. Weapon forge aren't that important due to the heirloom set. The strike and defense tower are important but you need not care about them now.

-Should I focus on Arena alot as well? If yes, why? What should I use the arena points on?
Yes, even if u lose, you get 3 bloodstones. There's also the daily. You should spend your bloodstone on 4* rune selector, which costs 1500 bloodstones. Arena heroes are too expensive atm.

-Should you always max out their skill abilities?
No, only max out when you are 5*. You should conserve gold. Maxing your skill doesn't have as good an effective as leveling your equipment.
-How should I proceed equipment wise? I have a few 3/4* Equipment and only 1 5* Equipment (weapon for Healer) how much should I upgrade?
You should rely on set bonus first by using equipment of the same set. Try to get the 1* heirloom set from the 2-weeks events, and upgrade them to 4-star +15. You can choose not to care about the suffix since that takes a long time. (you can change it in the future with valiante or reforge tic). You might want to clear story legendary 1-1, so you can farm 4* equipment as fodders for the heirloom weapon. Armor-wise you will have to use those 4* set from events when you can get them or from armorsmith (Do not upgrade the armor set to 5*). 

What should a "good squad look like?" 
This is a tough question to answer. A good squad will have good firepower, good sustainability.
So a typical squad will have at least 2 archers that can trigger others to attack continuously, i.e. Kane grandranger, Cybelle grandranger, Cybelle gunslinger and Gwen gunslinger (Gunslinger>grandranger for cybelle), some firepower (rhea gladiator, berzerker in general), a tank (Arthur Holy defender, Faye holy defender). Healer aren't really required.
Just take note that a typical squad do not use mystic because they are currently the weakest class.

I've read something about SDD archer squads? What are those?
SDD stands for single damage dealer. They are a squad where only the main attacker (usually Leon bloodknight) attacks continuously without stopping. This squad is super effective in raid 1 since they have everything you need (damage, sustainability, speed). Core units for this include Kahuna spiritwalker, Matilda witchdoctor and a unit with lifesteal aura. Main attacker should have a lifesteal rune on him and preferably have lifesteal aura. The last unit can be anyone. Usually you will just need to build the 3 core units and then rely on friend's leon. Building this 3 core units should be a priority since you would want your guild to clear the raid 1 for a lot of gold.

-So obviously all of the 5* potential units have to be trained. What is the best way to train them? Should I just burn exp potions on them while using the "main team" or do it in another way?
Burn the exp pot. You can farm them daily. Also use them in main team. There's no other way for you to train them now. Training camp is not available for you at the moment.

-Should I be using the 3/4* potential units? 

Only some are good, e.g. Aaron marksman, Natalie zealot. Don't train too many of them since they will end up as fodder in the end. Focus on your kane and taegen.

-How do you optimize using Warrior/Thief units? For now they mostly instantly die. 

Increase their defense by giving them better equipment. For now, don't use them yet, just have your archers attack the enemy while tanks to absorb the damage

-Knowing what I have, how should I "build" the 5* potential units? 
Kane-> grandranger
Taegen-> the one that boosts his own atk

Get a cybelle sharpshooter asap and try to focus on the archer and guardian heirloom set when they are available.

iCantPlayDiz
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:46 pm

First of all, thanks for the reply. It gives me some ideas on how to proceed next.
How should I get a Cybelle sharpshooter? What are the Heirloom sets and how do I obtain them?

Edit: How to use the phoenix babies. I can't merge them for the 20% training bonus?

Nekonase
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:12 pm

First of all, thanks for the reply. It gives me some ideas on how to proceed next.
How should I get a Cybelle sharpshooter? What are the Heirloom sets and how do I obtain them?

Edit: How to use the phoenix babies. I can't merge them for the 20% training bonus?
When you do 10x gem summon, you will get valiantes. If you summon hero(es) that can turn 5*, you will get 2 valiantes. Otherwise it is 3. Once you have 15, you can trade for a 3* hero selector at the valiante shop. (the other method is by clearing all event achievement during a 2 week event, which is quite difficult tbh)
The heirloom set consists mainhand, vanity and accessory. They start from 1* and can be upgraded to 6* (a long process). The heirloom set for 2 classes will be made available every 2 week event. 
The baby phoenix are locked, you will need to unlock them to use them. I do not recommend using them now. They are more effective when use on a 5* hero. Using them on 3* hero will give the same training as using five 1* hero.
Currently it's a 1 week event. The heirloom set aren't available now, but you might want to get vivi. She can substitute cybelle for the time being.

iCantPlayDiz
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:38 pm

When you do 10x gem summon, you will get valiantes. If you summon hero(es) that can turn 5*, you will get 2 valiantes. Otherwise it is 3. Once you have 15, you can trade for a 3* hero selector at the valiante shop. (the other method is by clearing all event achievement during a 2 week event, which is quite difficult tbh)
The heirloom set consists mainhand, vanity and accessory. They start from 1* and can be upgraded to 6* (a long process). The heirloom set for 2 classes will be made available every 2 week event. 
The baby phoenix are locked, you will need to unlock them to use them. I do not recommend using them now. They are more effective when use on a 5* hero. Using them on 3* hero will give the same training as using five 1* hero.
Currently it's a 1 week event. The heirloom set aren't available now, but you might want to get vivi. She can substitute cybelle for the time being.
Thanks for the information. I currently have 700 gems, should I do another 10 Gem summon or should I wait for a summon event of sorts?

Nekonase
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Thanks for the information. I currently have 700 gems, should I do another 10 Gem summon or should I wait for a summon event of sorts?
Focus on ur kane first. Summon after ur kane reaches 5* +2. By the way, if you do another 10x gem summon right after one, it will cost 380 gems. Subsequent summon will also cost 380 gems as long as you didn't exit the summon screen

iCantPlayDiz
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:48 am

Allright, Need to farm 50 of those medals for Kane 5* but he's pretty much good to go.
When should you use express tickets? 
Also, is there a better set up for my squad, placement wise than it currently is? 

iCantPlayDiz
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:58 pm

Bump^

P.S
Also pulled a Nora 5* (Ninja). currently using her in Arena/PVE instead of my 2nd Tank. 
What Tier is she in though? I dont want to overinvest in something thats not potentially that good.

Nekonase
Official Member
Official Member

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:35 pm

When should you use express tickets? 
Since your express ticket are limited atm, use them only on legendary map when farming for 4* fodders. 

Also, is there a better set up for my squad, placement wise than it currently is? 
Put Kane beside Aaron so that he can trigger him to stun. When you have another ranger that can trigger others to attack, e.g. Vivi, put them with Kane so that you can have endless trigger. 3 such rangers is a good number.

What Tier is she in though? I dont want to overinvest in something thats not potentially that good
Sora is not really worth investing. 

Must-have units: Kane Grandranger, Rhea Gladiator, Arthur Holy Defender, Cybelle Gunslinger, Gwen Gunslinger, Matilda Witch Doctor, Kahuna Spirit Walker
Good-to-have units: Victoria Chaos Knight, Darrion Chaos Knight, Aden Chaos Knight, Faye Holy Defender, Shizu Assasin/Ninja, Merlin Warlock, Vincent Berserker, Freya Berserker

iCantPlayDiz
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:07 pm

Well I currently have a Vivi. 
Current squad is Leon + Sora frontlining.
Vivi/Kane/Theresa in the middle line. 
Dont have enough decent archer gear for 3 Archers atm. 

Sora has a higher PVE score according to a tierlist, yet you're telling me she is bad?
Can you list why those units are a "must have"?
(http://www.arathos.com/en/ is the tierlist)