Xinhuan
Topic Author

Assignable squads to specific map nodes

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Ever had the time you enter the event map with your gold mine squad, and lose 15 energy?

This suggestion is for you!

Right now, it is impossible to enter the arena with a "wrong squad", because one of your five squads is assigned to be your arena squad. I'll like to see more checkboxes to be able to say

Squad 1 is my Arena squad, always use this squad for my Arena.
Squad 2 is my Gold Mine squad, always use this squad for my Gold Mine. Use this for my Capitol map too.
Squad 3 is my Event squad, always use this squad for the current Event maps.
etc.

When prompted for the squad to use to enter a map node (eg Gold Mine), it should first show the assigned squad so the user can go ahead with using it, but also allow the user to change to any other squad. Example. I want to enter the Gold Mine. On pressing, it should show me Squad 2 instead of my most recently used squad (assuming I assigned Squad 2 to be gold mine). This allows me to enter the gold mine with squad 2 right away, or I can switch to any of the other squads before committing energy.

There is no change to the sequence of UI flow. The only difference is that the squad selected to enter a map node should show the preferred assigned squad, instead of your last used squad. If no squad has been assigned, it should still show your last used squad like how it is now.

----------------------

A different suggestion would be if I can assign a squad number to each map node. Example, I assign Squad 1 to Normal event map. I assign Squad 3 to Legendary event map, and Squad 4 to Master event map, since it is possible I want to use different squads for each node. The client should do this automatically by saving (on client side) which squad I last used to enter that map node. If I last used Squad 4 on Map Node A, it should remember this and auto select Squad 4 when I next revisit this node, instead of my most recently used squad. It would be more work to remember this on the server side, but hey go for it if you wish, but I think client side is good enough!

This method would do away with having checkboxes to designate any squad for capitol or gold mine or event, etc, since it would just remember your preferred squad per node. If a node is brand new and there is no squad used for it before, it can default to your most recently used squad like how it is now.

Bunny
Valiant Sage
Valiant Sage

Re: Assignable squads to specific map nodes

Mon May 01, 2017 4:10 pm

+1
I must have wasted more than 500 total energy on the wrong squad hahaha

Estellrie
Official Member
Official Member

Mon May 01, 2017 4:56 pm

Definitely a must. Don't know why the dev have not come up with this yet

Xaeons

Thu May 04, 2017 6:38 pm

Yes I totally agree on this. Wasted energy is a total bummer, especially in this game. Plus, it will cut the time picking the right squad for whatever specific task you want to do.