Sheryl
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Suggestion about future set items

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi players and devs, it's Sheryl here!

I would like to make a suggestion about future set items to be introduced into this game(i.e raid2 set).

Here's some basic knowledge about equipment:

All heroes have 6 equipment slots, which are main-hand weapon, off-hand weapon, head, armor, accessory, and vanity.
1) some weapons are known as two-hand weapons and will occupy both main-hand and off-hand when equipped. Thus, a hero may end up equip 5 item instead of 6.
2) All item will have a main stat, which will gradually increase as you upgrade the item to +15. Currently, main-hand/two-hand weapon always provide atk as main stat. Head item will always provide def as main stat. armor item will always provide hp as main stat. Items of other position provide different main stat based of hero jobs.
3) Besides the main stats, each item will have a number of random stats. the number is decided by the rarity of item while the type of random stats is decided by the suffix of the item.
4) Set items provide a set bonus in addition to the stats of each item. The more parts of a set a hero equipped, the stronger set bonus a hero will get, up to a complete set. As the same position, same rarity items provide almost the same stats. the set bonus is the main factor to consider when choosing equipment for a hero.
5) Items for main-hand, off-hand, head and armor have job requirement, a hero has to be the correct class to equip items for this position. Most accessory and vanity item don't have a job requirement, except for the raid set.

--------------------------This is a divider line -----------------------

Let's start the topic with some problem I'm facing with the current set items.

According to 1), some heroes actually use 5 pieces of equipment instead of 6 pieces, which means they lose all the bonus stats they can get(16 for 5* and 18 for 6*) from an off-hand item. This has become a problem since it makes all two-hand weapon useless and become undesirable for those classes who can have separate main-hand and off-hand weapon(which refers to champions and rangers). And it's unfair for those who don't even have an option for separate main-hand/off-hand weapon(which refers to mystics).

According to 2), the main stats of an item is based on a hero's job. If you want more attack on a guardian, you have to use accessory and vanity from a champion set, because all guardian accessory and vanity provides only def as main stat, and only champion set has atk as main stat on accessory/vanity. However, as restricted by 5), a guardian cannot equip a full set of champion item(except the 6* acc/wing set which has no job class requirement), this end up as a hero full of partially completed set item with the desired type of bonus stats but just a minor amount since the set is not fully completed. It really doesn't feel comfortable to see an uncompleted set with the highest bonus in gray color...A set item means to be equipped as a set, isn't it?

Another problem related to set item is, the bonus stats are based on job class. This is part of the reason for the problem above. All guardian set provides only def. If a guardian wants more atk, he has to give up his guardian set and go for partially completed champion items. The game provides quite a few sets of items for each job class, but the type of set bonus stats are exactly the same. All guardian set provide def, all champion set provide atk... There is no difference in nature among those sets, just a matter of numbers.

And based on 3), each suffix provide different kinds of bonus stats. 
Trinity provides atk, atk%, def, def% and hp. 
Might provides atk, atk%, crit, crit% and hp.
Defense provides def, def%, hp, hp% and mag.
Wizardry provides atk, atk%, mag, mag% and hp.
Zodiac provides random stats.
So what if I need my healer/mystic have high def and high mag? Why there is no suffix have both def% and mag%? Why would I ever need high atk on my fragile mag based hero?

-----------------------------This is a divider line-----------------------------------------

Suggestions:

1. Multi-class set

Someone may already notice that we can equip guardian heirloom set on a shadow to get high def(I know it's kinda stupid). The same solution can be used to get desired set bonus from other class set items.
For example
A champion 3 piece set consists of head/armor/shield with high atk set bonus. This can perfectly suit in a guardian hero who wants more atk
A guradian 3 piece set consists of shield/accessory/vanity with high def set bonus. This can perfectly suit in a champion hero who wants more def, or even a healer hero.
A shadow 3 piece set consists of main-hand sword/accessory/vanity with high crit set bonus. This can perfectly suit in a guardian hero who wants more crit.

The idea is to create set on position shared among several job classes, so heroes from multiple job clas can benefit from the same set.

2. Paired offensive/defensive sets

This is something like the two shields, Destroyer's Chaos and Defender's Chaos. which occupy the same position but provide different bonus stats.
if we can do this on a single piece set item(yes, that shield itself completes a set), why not do it for multi-piece set items?
For example, guradian have a strong bonus in def on their raid set. why not introduce another raid set occupy the same position but with a strong atk bonus instead of def?
I am expecting we have a choice between 2 raid set for each job.
guardian/champion have choice between atk set and def set.
shadow/ranger have choice between atk set and crit set.
healer/mystic have choice between atk set and mag set.

This is a much better solution than borrowing partial completed set from other job class...

3. Please give healer/mystic a main-hand/off-hand weapon bundle >_<

That's all I can think up for now. If anyone has some good ideas, please leave a comment, thanks. \(≧∇≦)/

ashenwind

Re: Suggestion about future set items

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 am

+1

This is a pretty nice idea to give more freedom for players to build their heroes.

Silmeria

Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:18 pm

+1
I think Wizardry should have Mag as main stats
Because Atk can go past 20k while Mag is soft capped in 15k... It's hard to go higher.

shirokane

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:58 pm

+1 Great idea Sheryl! how it can be implemented is quite well thought^^