Bansky
Topic Author

Conquest Ladder Scoring Issue

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:39 pm

I don't know how it can be fixed, but it's clearly pointless at the moment.  You only need to look at the top ladder scorers to see that it's broken.  All of them are low level guilds.

I already have gave a suggestion before to increase the criteria for guilds to be able to participate in conquest matchmaking.  But I still doubt if this can resolve the issue.

Cassiel

Re: Conquest Ladder Scoring Issue

Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:53 am

I think its difficult coz the match up system will make it hard for competitive guilds to show up on ladder coz they will be battling themselves and 2 will surely get lower scores. Even Infinity cannot get high score too.

If the devs dont know how to fix it, they might consider removing the ladder until they know how to fix it.

Bansky
Topic Author

Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:00 am

I believe one way to fix this is to increase the points of killing wardens.  That way, it will catapult the really strong guilds who can down wardens up the ladder.

Perhaps also giving massive points to guild who can capture main castle, practically scoring a win for a guild who can worm their way towards the main castle. Guilds can either rake up points by capturing as much territory as possible or guilds can gamble their way by targeting directly at enemy main castle.

Yuanyang
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:51 pm

Hey Guys! Rest assured that all your suggestion are being looked at by the team. We do have to find that delicate balance between, what players want, what's feasible to implement, and what the team can actually do, which is why we're hosting so many Beta conquests to find that sweet spot. Don't worry - Conquest isn't yet in its final form, and as always, there's still room for improvement! 

Sheryl
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Hey Guys! Rest assured that all your suggestion are being looked at by the team. We do have to find that delicate balance between, what players want, what's feasible to implement, and what the team can actually do, which is why we're hosting so many Beta conquests to find that sweet spot. Don't worry - Conquest isn't yet in its final form, and as always, there's still room for improvement! 
So we still need to camp conquest this time?
So there is still no change in anything, just another BETA?
So defense team still useless since it's always countered by the attacking team?
So we build our team for 3 months only to play conquest for 5 mins every 3 weeks?
So the 4th warden is still not available this cycle?
So the world boss is still sleeping?
My guild mates are getting tired of conquest and there's a raising voice of just put the strongest warden on our diamond mine and forget about conquest completely. We are an international guild and have people from all over the world. We are among the top guild in Arathos but we stand no chance against Chinese/Singapore guild that the whole guild can camp conquest and take everything within 5 min. We will eventually have to give up this game mode as our people are less willing to camp it now. Before we even have a chance to lose to RNG, we lose to our time zone.
We no longer feel conquest is an exciting content. When conquest release, conquest set is better than raid2 set, and is the best equipment available at that time(well, not actually available until you get 8000 diamonds, which will take about 8 months). But now we have prestige set which goes perfectly with raid2 set, and a single piece of valiant weapon have better set bonus than the whole conquest set. 8 months later, conquest set will probably just like the raid1 set, use as a place holder for your less important heroes and aura slaves...when a single piece item gives 2k+ stat boost and a nice passive skill, we don't really need a 4 piece set...
Don't get me wrong, we still love this game, but we have to say the game is not friendly to us, and our spending over time is not respected. We no longer see regard conquest set is something worth fighting for at the currently speed of power creeping. 8 months later probably every set equipment will have a decent skill, and smaller 2pc set with good skill will outclass conequest set. A good example is the Christmas acc/wing set that allows you to freeze your opponent on attack, which makes every ranged hero a mini kane.

Cassiel

Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:34 pm

I agree that the reset time is not convenient if VF still plans to be an international game. Now European players and some US players from East Coast will be completely blocked out of conquest. They have to be in the guild that have enough activity around the reset to secure some locations so they will wake up and have some place left to attack.

The war guide reward that requires a player to attack somewhere is flaw. I already mentioned this before. Coz in reality, there could be a member that show up late and has no place to attack at all, thus, unabling to claim this war guide reward.

I like the conquest. Its fun but its very tiring. For me, its sucking my life away from the need to come up with strategy, explain and communicate to members. Doing this wastes most of my real life time. Dont wanna talk much so the real topic gets distracted so i will stop here coz i already made comments in my feedback thread. but they wont change the concept coz they already release warden killing heroes EVEN WHEN conquest is still at beta. That indicates the intention of not changing any conceptual design but may tweak here and there.

Silmeria

Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Well, every scoreboard needs calibrating period before they can be correct.
I don't see the issue of scoreboard because top guilds don't get any benefit aside of bragging rights.

While Yuanyang is there to keep your hopes up, I'll keep us realistic. The conquest won't change much after beta; probably only change reset time, scoring, and attacking/recuperation periods.
The basic concept of Conquest are already solid; and if they want to make it not time reliant, they need to remake conquest entirely from scratch. And it's highly unlikely.